• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is a triple double waiting to happen.....he's basing that off 1 year where he didn't do very well offensively......and of course he can't improve......LOL.

Lol If Lonzo were traded to Cleveland...we'd he hearing all about his vision, pace, passing ability and how easy it will be to fix his shot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been cordial here today, which I prefer, but this is just ‘hate’ talking or trolling.
like you said, the 8th pick in this draft is likely to be a guy like Trae Young or Colin Sexton or Michael Porter------- any of which i would take over Ingram or Ball---- and thats assuming someone like a Bamba or Jackson does not fall like Winslow fell to the Heat.

the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST that either one of those guys would have a prayer to go in this draft is 7 or 8 and you could certainly make an argument for quite a bit farther down than that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to flip the #8 pick, Love, Hill, and a couple future 2nd rounders for 2 AS caliber players.....

Duh.

Oh well in that case they are all set.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course, build around that draft pick. You try to ship as many bad contracts as you can or when you can. Trade Love before his value goes down. Try and gain more draft picks. There is only so much they can do with this damn roster though

One thing is certain if Lebron leaves again, as @WiggyRuss and I were talking about the other day. They will be in much better shape for a quicker rebuild than when he left the first time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like you said, the 8th pick in this draft is likely to be a guy like Trae Young or Colin Sexton or Michael Porter------- any of which i would take over Ingram or Ball---- and thats assuming someone like a Bamba or Jackson does not fall like Winslow fell to the Heat.

the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST that either one of those guys would have a prayer to go in this draft is 7 or 8 and you could certainly make an argument for quite a bit farther down than that.

Regardless of whether you like Ball or Ingram, no one you are going to pick at #8 is likely to be a more productive player than either of them. That's just statistical reality especially when you are only considering near term impact.

Of all the players drafted year, in one of the strongest draft classes in years, only 2, maybe sorta 3, of them had impacts on their team this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forever
if LeBron left tomorrow the Cavs would be MUCH better off than the Heat. I wouldnt trade the 8th pick in this draft for any 2 heat players. No team is worse off than the Heat in a quest to get a franchise player--- when you have zero cap space and the least draft capital in the league because your GM didnt want to rebuild since hes in his 70's and you end up with a bunch of mediocre expensive players you are pretty much screwed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether you like Ball or Ingram, no one you are going to pick at #8 is likely to be a more productive player than either of them. That's just statistical reality especially when you are only considering near term impact.

Of all the players drafted year, in one of the strongest draft classes in years, only 2, maybe sorta 3, of them had impacts on their team this year.
a more "productive player" next year? is that what you are saying?

if LeBron is on either team- either with the Cavs or the Lakers he wont be playing with any of the 8th pick, Ball or Ingram anyway ina ll likelihood.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a more "productive player" next year? is that what you are saying?

if LeBron is on either team- either with the Cavs or the Lakers he wont be playing with any of the 8th pick, Ball or Ingram anyway ina ll likelihood.

You don't think that Lebron would be playing Brandon Ingram if he goes to the Lakers? Seems dubious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest- id still put the Cavs as the favorite to retain lebron- but if the Rockets lose I am kinda thinking thats his 2nd most likely destination in an opt-in trade.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat wouldn't trade 2 players for Cleveland's #8 pick. The pick just isn't that good.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think that Lebron would be playing Brandon Ingram if he goes to the Lakers? Seems dubious.

Pay attention.....the Lakers will trade all their young talent to get James veterans to play with!!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG resigns and the Cavs match up salaries and give up whoever they draft at 8. Only possibly thing and that is unlikely. (Not sure if there is a time period they have to wait before he is traded fyi).

The point is, he is probably gone, unfortunately.

If PG re-signs with OKC. It's up to OKC if they WANT to trade him to the Cavs. Again, sign and trades are no longer allowed under the current CBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think wherever lebron has been he has played with a "win now" team. Instead of having Wiggins hang around he was traded very quickly.

Something tells me that aging 4-5 years has not made him MORE patient. Id expect that if he went to Philly that Fultz, and Saric and the Lakers pick that the Sixers own would be dealt very quickly as well.

LeBron will be 34 in December. Realistically he probably has 2 more years as the best, or close to the best, player in the league. After that he should still be top 10, or close to it for another couple years.--- although, once you get passed 35 nothing is guaranteed.

I dont think he is going to spend the last 2 transcendent years of his career baby sitting guys that can barely, or cant even, legally drink.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram will be in his 3rd season.....not exactly a rookie.....his development would be speeded up by playing with James and I think LeBron is smart enough to realize that.