• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reminds of his first stint where he had to carry the team on his back or they were an average at best. He is just exhausted, not even physically but knowing he doesn’t have enough help to beat a Houston or GS team, why make it to the Finals? Like if you make it at least you have shot, but do the Cavs really have a shot? The C’s are a very talented young team but they aren’t the Rockets or Warriors who have multiple stars and/or more depth.

There is either a big sign and trade happening and a lot of moves on this Cavs team or he is gone. I just have no clue where he would go.

Philly. Maybe, I don’t think it is a great fit.
Lakers. Nah. Why would he go out west.
Houston. Maybe, I don’t think it is a great fit either.
New Orleans. It’s the best fit for him. They would have to clear over $25. They could with Hill and Mirotic

He needs to recruit a star in a sign and trade if he stays in Cleveland.

What ‘star’ other then Love will sign long term, unless James does?
I also read, who knows if true, that Gilbert won’t give LeBron any more no trade clause contracts.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy said they're a different team than they were in the regular season but somehow they been pushed to the brink of elimination twice before the finals. First this has happened since Lebron went back to Cleveland....but they're a different team lol

Yeah......no, they're the same. The previous 3 years, Cleveland was able to go through the East like a hot knife through butter. If they go to the Finals this year, 2 of the 3 series they've been in went 7.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One observation I'd make is that, in years past, LeBron was much better able to act as a "one player band aid" for the holes in Cleveland's defense... he had the energy for that.

This year... just doesn't seem like he has the energy to do that with any consistency.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reminds of his first stint where he had to carry the team on his back or they were an average at best. He is just exhausted, not even physically but knowing he doesn’t have enough help to beat a Houston or GS team, why make it to the Finals? Like if you make it at least you have shot, but do the Cavs really have a shot? The C’s are a very talented young team but they aren’t the Rockets or Warriors who have multiple stars and/or more depth.

There is either a big sign and trade happening and a lot of moves on this Cavs team or he is gone. I just have no clue where he would go.

The problem for the Cavs is that they really don't have a lot of options if Lebron comes back. They are WAY OVER the cap. Even if they don't resign Lebron they are still over the cap. But if they do keep Lebron then they basically have nothing they can do unless they can unload a LOT of money.

Realistically speaking the only reinforcements this team can expect next year is the #8 pick and maybe and mid-level exception signing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One observation I'd make is that, in years past, LeBron was much better able to act as a "one player band aid" for the holes in Cleveland's defense... he had the energy for that.

This year... just doesn't seem like he has the energy to do that with any consistency.

They also had Kyrie in years past.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I'll field this one for @WiggyRuss .

Fatigue/aging is only a partial explanation. The other half of the equation is that at some point... when the lead ballooned slightly and there was a dwindling chance of a big come back... LeBron conceded mentally as well as physically (of course, the two are interlinked, but anywho).

Another way to put that is: Lebron mentally decided that it wasn't worth it to put in a heroic physical effort that probably wouldn't be succesful anyway. So he saved what juice he had left for the next 1 or 2 games.

I expect the Cavs to win game 6. Which will make me very nervous for game 7. I just don't see LeBron having a bad game in 6 & 7. Of course the Celtics could steal a W and end the series. But they don't play well on the road.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also had Kyrie in years past.
Yeah... that too, no doubt. :D

Sometimes the best defense can be a good offense... get way ahead and you can bury an opponent and then not have to expend as much energy on defense... especially if you earn rest time in the 4th quarter of a blow out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... that too, no doubt. :D

Sometimes the best defense can be a good offense... get way ahead and you can bury an opponent and then not have to expend as much energy on defense... especially if you earn rest time in the 4th quarter of a blow out.

Yeah. Having Kyrie run the offense at times definitely allowed Lebron to rest and play more aggressive defense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Philly. Maybe, I don’t think it is a great fit.
Lakers. Nah. Why would he go out west.
Houston. Maybe, I don’t think it is a great fit either.
New Orleans. It’s the best fit for him. They would have to clear over $25. They could with Hill and Mirotic

He needs to recruit a star in a sign and trade if he stays in Cleveland.

Sign and trades can't be done anymore in your scenario. Which I'm assuming is, said star is a FA and wants to go to Cleveland.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huge win for the Celtics. now can they close the series out in Cleveland friday night. or will we have a game 7.
Can't get this kind of analysis just anywhere, folks!

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Cavs to win game 6. Which will make me very nervous for game 7. I just don't see LeBron having a bad game in 6 & 7. Of course the Celtics could steal a W and end the series. But they don't play well on the road.
I agree with you... this would be my guess too re: Game 6. If the Cav's do win game 6... I think it will be important the way they win... the C's can't concede a smashing like they got in Game 3 that allows LeBron to rest towards the end... they got to make it like Game 4 at the very least... force LeBron to expend maximum effort.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ‘star’ other then Love will sign long term, unless James does?
I also read, who knows if true, that Gilbert won’t give LeBron any more no trade clause contracts.

Paul George is the only “star” possibly, but he is probably off to the Lakers, other than that probably nobody lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huge win for the Celtics. now can they close the series out in Cleveland friday night. or will we have a game 7.

What are you saying? We need more details. Can you possibly put together a pie chart explaining just how huge of a W that was for Boston?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign and trades can't be done anymore in your scenario. Which I'm assuming is, said star is a FA and wants to go to Cleveland.

PG resigns and the Cavs match up salaries and give up whoever they draft at 8. Only possibly thing and that is unlikely. (Not sure if there is a time period they have to wait before he is traded fyi).

The point is, he is probably gone, unfortunately.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you... this would be my guess too re: Game 6. If the Cav's do win game 6... I think it will be important the way they win... the C's can't concede a smashing like they got in Game 3 that allows LeBron to rest towards the end... they got to make it like Game 4 at the very least... force LeBron to expend maximum effort.

Obviously Boston has to play better in game 6 than in games 3 & 4. The problem is they haven't played very well on the road all playoffs. Tomorrow would be the perfect time for the Celtics to get their 2nd playoff road W. Not that I have much faith in that happening.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so----- but ughhh Cavs looked like shit

LeBron looked gassed at times didnt he?

I really thought the Cavs might ahve a chance to take that one yesterday but it was not to be.
I would not bet against James in a game 7 no matter where it was played.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for the Cavs is that they really don't have a lot of options if Lebron comes back. They are WAY OVER the cap. Even if they don't resign Lebron they are still over the cap. But if they do keep Lebron then they basically have nothing they can do unless they can unload a LOT of money.

Realistically speaking the only reinforcements this team can expect next year is the #8 pick and maybe and mid-level exception signing.

Congrats man, he is most likely a Sixer and you will pair him with either another FA or that draft pick. Gonna be loaded

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...-next-team-NBA-playoffs-Sixers-trade-news/amp

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3