• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Tristan Thompson has been a series-changer since he has been playing. Lue finally made a good adjustment there. His size, athleticism and grit have really been huge for the Cavs these last 2 games. Thompsons defense on Al Horford has been so extremely important”.

Since he’s tied up at work, Ill repost for him.

I mean, nothing about the result of game 5 makes any of that less true.

TT has had an awful season but he's been huge for the Cavs in this series

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Celtics can't play on the road a 7th game is guaranteed.
I hope so----- but ughhh Cavs looked like shit

LeBron looked gassed at times didnt he?

I really thought the Cavs might ahve a chance to take that one yesterday but it was not to be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah Cavs would not even be playing right now if not for TT.

He has been huge for the Cavs at times this post season.

Lets just hope they hold serve in Game 6

I am worried about Lebron though--- he didnt look like he had that extra gear...these every other day games WHEN you are traveling are a lot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio i heard a stat where the Cavs are basically unbeatable when they shoot 34% or better from 3--- and basically cant win when they shot less than that from 3. Rgardless of what LeBron does.

That if you look at just that one stat you can tell if the Cavs have one or lost the game

2 stats i always look at are offensive rebounds and turnovers---- Celtics won both easily last night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith is 3 for 22, 3 assist, 4 rebounds in the 3 games in Boston

The Cavs would be better off playing Tyrone Lue at guard.

All kidding aside, how bad is the deep deep parts of the Cleveland Bench that they cannot get any playing time over JR Smith?
dude at times i totally totally agree with you.

They could easily play Clarkson or Hood or Osman and get SOMETHING out of those guys-----

the thing with Smith is if he is on- he is the type of guy that can win a game for him as a role player--- hit 5-6 three's out of 7-8 attempts.

but when he is off- which he has been BIG TIME on the road in this series- he is just awful.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe at some point people will realize the Cavs regular season team and the Cavs playoff team are two totally different animals. But you know what Einstein said- the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Not sure there is a difference between the 2 this year. They looked very shaky vs Indiana.They were pushed 7 games which never happens to LBJ in round 1.

The Toronto series means nothing to me. They're a mentally weak team and are always a defeated group before stepping on the court vs Cleveland in a playoffs series.

This Boston series will tell me if they're the different or not. Struggle and win in 6 or 7 will confirm that Houston/GSW will make quick work of them in 5.

Dominate this series and sweep or win in 5 and maybe we have an interesting finals

Yeah....Looks like I was right here.

There isn't a difference between regular season Cleveland and playoffs Cleveland this year.

The Raptors made Cleveland look much better than they are

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game 5 IMO probably should have been viewed as the Cavs biggest game of the season.
Tristan was an absolute non factor.
So yes, he was a factor in the home wins, just like many other role players were, but he also reverted to shit when back on the road.

I know the home/road factor always exists, but in this series it is as exagerated as I ever can remember.

Never count out LeBron, but he's not winning game 7 by himself in this series, and I'm not sure who he's banking on to step up.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....Looks like I was right here.

There isn't a difference between regular season Cleveland and playoffs Cleveland this year.

The Raptors made Cleveland look much better than they are

I don't think ANYONE expected to see the Raps even compete in that series outside of MAYBE a couple of Toronto fans...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude at times i totally totally agree with you.

They could easily play Clarkson or Hood or Osman and get SOMETHING out of those guys-----

the thing with Smith is if he is on- he is the type of guy that can win a game for him as a role player--- hit 5-6 three's out of 7-8 attempts.

but when he is off- which he has been BIG TIME on the road in this series- he is just awful.

Agree.
He has the most upside, but at what point into the game do decide to pull the plug for the night?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not playing ojele

brilliant

korver couldnt get out there

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not playing ojele

brilliant

korver couldnt get out there

I'll bet he's out there tomorrow.

Baffling that Lue went with those other scrubs for so long who were laying bricks.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill and Smith have been so fucking bad on the road in this series it is almost incomprehensible.

Entire Celtics roster have been so fucking bad on the road in this series it is almost incomprehensible.

What time is Sunday's game?