• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i KNOW that the Cavs could have AT LEAST had Kemba Walker and Nik Batum at the deadline if they dealt hte #8 pick.

Say they JUST do that....

PG- Kemba Walker
SG- Nik Batum
SF- LeBron James
PF- Kevin Love
C- Nance/Thompson

thats the WORST the Cavs could do this offseason with the 8th pick.

I see you've moved from denial to bargaining. Reflection could be happening soon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo needs to spend the entire off season working on his jump shot & FT's. It's never good for a team to have a PG that's a liability on the court late in close games.
have we ever seen a guard that you can pull the Hack-a-Shaq on? lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo needs to spend the entire off season working on his jump shot & FT's. It's never good for a team to have a PG that's a liability on the court late in close games.

BSpn scuttlebutt says he's already hard into training mode...

take that for what it's worth...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are LeBron and have probably/amybe 2 more years as the best player in the league- and can choose between a 21 year old kid that has never won anything and never touched the playoffs and never come close to making an all star team- or you could have CJ McCollum what would you choose? or you could have Marc Gasol what would you choose? or Bradley Beale, or Kemba Walker or whoever else is out there and avaliable.

would you say--- hey- i can wait for these kids to get playoff experience, to come closer to their primes, to HOPE (with absolutely NO guarantee) they become all star talents sometime in the next 2-3 years?--- or would you want a guy that has been through battles, is an all star and can help you win now?

its common sense.

It's also common sense to look at what is happening right before your eyes. Or in Lebron's case, right there on the court with you.

These vets that you think Lebron will insist on, are getting beat by a younger team with more speed, athleticism and energy. Lebron and some of his teammates were looking gassed last night. The Celtics didn't.

You keep telling us how smart Lebron is, but you think he can see that? The whole reason the mid season trade was made was so the Cavs could get younger and more athletic.

I could see Ball maybe being moved, but Ingram is less likely unless they're putting together a deal for Kawhi.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get that. But you aren't really explaining yourself.

I'll let Trojan respond to your Lakers stuff because I can't be bothered with that.

I want to hear why you think the Sixers would deal Fultz, Saric, and their No. 1 pick if Lebron comes to the team. What are they getting that they would feel the need to do that?

Repeating that he won't play with kids is all well and good but it is meaningless. Saric has 2 seasons under his belt and is 24. Fultz will likely be a 2nd team player next for the Sixers, especially if they get Lebron. The rookie is a rookie.

The Sixers may wind up making some deals to free up cap space but they aren't dealing their top assets just to deal them. That makes no sense.
its LeBron its not me- i am judging it by what he has done his entire career and I cant imagine as he gets CLOSER AND CLOSESR to his decline that he will get MORE patient.

I mean - you guys act like this is my opinion- i am basing it on what I have seen from LeBrons 15 year career.

They wont trade Embiid or Simmons--- those guys are supreme talents that can help now and have already led their team to a playoff series win. Kyrie was a supremely talented young kid that had already made MULTIPLE all star teams. If Lonzo Ball made the all star last year and was kicking ass or Fultz was leading the league in assists and dominating--- sure- id say i think theyd have a solid chance of staying

but will LeBron wait for a guy like Fultz or Ingram or Ball- guys that have shown promise, but are far and away from ever guaranteeing all star appearances, to WAIT And see if they are good when they might be able to trade them for WIN-NOW help that has playoff experience and has PROVEN that they are high caliber talents?

I mean- its common sense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is certain if Lebron leaves again, as @WiggyRuss and I were talking about the other day. They will be in much better shape for a quicker rebuild than when he left the first time.

To get to what level?
No chance its ever championship, so according to @WiggyRuss logic, the Cavs are in a better place to get to where the Heat currently is, which he claims is the worst place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous. This draft is not better than last year's draft or at least not so much that the No. 2 guy would barely break the Top 10.

You are falling in love with the hype.

It's Wiggy. If Lonzo or Ingram were on any team other than the Lakers (or Heat) he wouldn't be saying what he does. It's like the Lakers and Heat give him Tourette's or something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also common sense to look at what is happening right before your eyes. Or in Lebron's case, right there on the court with you.

These vets that you think Lebron will insist on, are getting beat by a younger team with more speed, athleticism and energy. Lebron and some of his teammates were looking gassed last night. The Celtics didn't.

You keep telling us how smart Lebron is, but you think he can see that? The whole reason the mid season trade was made was so the Cavs could get younger and more athletic.

I could see Ball maybe being moved, but Ingram is less likely unless they're putting together a deal for Kawhi.
lol, whay ou think the Lakers are gonna trade for Jr smith and George Hill?

Id HOPE that the LAkers could get more than that for Ingram and Ball. lol.....its whyi suggested guys like GAsol, McCollum, Beale, Walker etc....

hey--- if you want to trade hte Cavs Ingram for Smith and Hill i am all for it!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a completely neutral & unbiased (#kobesshowsucks) fan of the NBA I gotta say that LeBron in Philly would ruin the NBA. Plus those Philly fans are downright mean (same w/ Eagles, Phillies & Flyers fans) & already have a Super Bowl, World Series & NBA title. So they shouldn't be greedy & want more. If Adam Silver doesn't wants to see the rating go straight down the crapper he better damn well make sure LeBron doesn't end up in Rocky Balboa's backyard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lonzo is on the Lakers. In Wiggyworld, it's impossible for him to improve.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Wiggy. If Lonzo or Ingram were on any team other than the Lakers (or Heat) he wouldn't be saying what he does. It's like the Lakers and Heat give him Tourette's or something.
i can guarantee you i would not be extolling the virtues of a guard that cant shoot 50% from the free throw line.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo is on the Lakers. In Wiggyworld, it's impossible for him to improve.
of course he can improve--- his time frame just does not line up with LeBrons

and thats what i keep coming back too--- if Lonzo was a badass ready to go right now like Mitchell? SURE---

but hes not Mitchell- and theres no guarantee he will ever be Mitchell or close to it...is it possible? SURE---

will LeBron wait a couple years to find out when those couple years are the LAST truly transcendent years of his career?

or would he rather get a proven talent that can help him win now when he is at the peak of his powers?

I thnk that answer is obvious

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, whay ou think the Lakers are gonna trade for Jr smith and George Hill?

Id HOPE that the LAkers could get more than that for Ingram and Ball. lol.....its whyi suggested guys like GAsol, McCollum, Beale, Walker etc....

hey--- if you want to trade hte Cavs Ingram for Smith and Hill i am all for it!

Yeah, because that's what I said.

I'm not sure how well Gasol would fit with the Lakers. He's 33. He can still shoot, but he's getting slower and less athletic (not that he was ever athletic). Lopez isn't as good, but he's 3 years younger and solid enough to not need to trade for Gasol.

McCollum or Walker would be good, but I'm not trading both Ingram and Ball for them. Not sure about Beal.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i KNOW that the Cavs could have AT LEAST had Kemba Walker and Nik Batum at the deadline if they dealt hte #8 pick.

Say they JUST do that....

PG- Kemba Walker
SG- Nik Batum
SF- LeBron James
PF- Kevin Love
C- Nance/Thompson

thats the WORST the Cavs could do this offseason with the 8th pick.

At the time of the deadline, no one knew the Brooklyn pick was going to be #8. Most thought it would be #3 at least.

So in your scenario, if the Hornets thought they'd have a top 3 pick for Batum and Walker, maybe they'd make that trade.

If they knew it was going to be #8, they're not making that trade. And that hypothetical scenario of yours is very hopeful, not worst case.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Ball and Ingram. We know Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers without another max guy. That makes moving young players a little less necessary.

I think that whether or not he wanted them traded, would depend on what vet role players they could get. Lebron isn't stupid, he sees the vet players he has from doing what he's always done and it's not working.

He sees the younger Celtics playing faster, with more energy and up 3-2 despite missing their 2 best players.

If he goes to the Lakers, unless they are trading for Kawhi, I don't see them moving both Ball and Ingram. Maybe one and if they did, it would most likely be Ball.

Boom.

He needs more enegy and youth because the old ass vets aren't getting it done vs the Celtics.