• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant assume the #1 pick is going to be better than either Laker but you can damn well guess. lol.

Just stop.
Then you cant assume the 1 will be better then the 24th or whatever.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it could end of being a great talent.
Obviously @WiggyRuss is stating opinion, but he presents it as fact.
I state it as the general consensus is that this draft is as loaded as any draft since 2003.

And that AT LEAST 5 guys, if not more- in this years draft would have went #1 last year.

Guys like Bamba, Jackson, Bagley, Doncic, Ayton and maybe Porter would all have likely went #1 last year.

guys like Ball, Fultz, Fox, Jackson are more in line with the rest of the guys like Sexton, Young, Bridges, Carter Jr., Bridges, etc.

if you COMBINED both drafts- obviously not correcting for hindsight (as Mitchell would go waaaaaaaaay up) and this is my educated guess

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Jackson
4. Bagley
5. Bamba
6. Porter
7. Fultz
8. Young
9. Sexton
10. M. Bridges
11. Carter Jr.
12. Tatum (well depends on the team- Lakers obviously decided on ball over tatum but i believe the celtics would have taken tatum #1 - but you cant account for 2 teams different choices)
13. Ball
14. Jackson

I have no doubt those top 5 players would have been picked before anyone in last years draft. Porter if not for his injury issues, you could also guarantee.

Ball and Fultz etc. are a LOT LOT closer talent wise to guys like Sexton and Young then they are to guys like Ayton and Doncic or Jackson etc.

The Heats boy- that they really wanted- Markenen- is actually a guy i was really high on though he did slip to the Bulls at 7 i believe...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I state it as the general consensus is that this draft is as loaded as any draft since 2003.

Who is saying that? Everything I have read is that there are two guys that are considered Tier 1 guys, about 4 guys that are Tier 2 guys, and then a bunch of guys.
And that AT LEAST 5 guys, if not more- in this years draft would have went #1 last year.

Guys like Bamba, Jackson, Bagley, Doncic, Ayton and maybe Porter would all have likely went #1 last year.

guys like Ball, Fultz, Fox, Jackson are more in line with the rest of the guys like Sexton, Young, Bridges, Carter Jr., Bridges, etc.

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Jackson
4. Bagley
5. Bamba
6. Porter
7. Fultz
8. Young
9. Sexton
10. M. Bridges
11. Carter Jr.
12. Tatum (well depends on the team- Lakers obviously decided on ball over tatum but i believe the celtics would have taken tatum #1 - but you cant account for 2 teams different choices)
13. Ball
14. Jackson

You are high as a kite.

I have no doubt those top 5 players would have been picked before anyone in last years draft. Porter if not for his injury issues, you could also guarantee.

Ball and Fultz etc. are a LOT LOT closer talent wise to guys like Sexton and Young then they are to guys like Ayton and Doncic or Jackson etc.

The Heats boy- that they really wanted- Markenen- is actually a guy i was really high on though he did slip to the Bulls at 7 i believe...

How in the WORLD could you possibly know any of this? Seems like you are basically saying that teams will draft bigs over point guards. Not much evidence to support that claim.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is saying that? Everything I have read is that there are two guys that are considered Tier 1 guys, about 4 guys that are Tier 2 guys, and then a bunch of guys.

You are high as a kite.

How in the WORLD could you possibly know any of this? Seems like you are basically saying that teams will draft bigs over point guards. Not much evidence to support that claim.
Lmfao @ you are high as a kite...lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ crime spree in China
I can kinda understand the Lakers giving him a workout as a courtesy.

Clippers gonna Clip.

But, the Warriors?

They don't need to do publicity stunts.

* side eyes Clippers *

So, I am completely baffled as to why they are working him out.

Reactions: LAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacey was watching it before she went to her Dr's appointment and I kept it on.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you COMBINED both drafts- obviously not correcting for hindsight (as Mitchell would go waaaaaaaaay up) and this is my educated guess

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Jackson
4. Bagley
5. Bamba
6. Porter
7. Fultz
8. Young
9. Sexton
10. M. Bridges
11. Carter Jr.
13. Ball
14. Jackson

A few days you stated that those same people, in essence, really had no clue.
You said the people the teams hire need to be and should be better informed and prepared.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you even imagine the platform that LeBron and the winning he would bring with it would give LaVar? lol...i shudder to think...it would be equal parts hilarious and pathetic.
Well in LeBron's case, LeBron is the one with an ego the size of the Grand Canyon:lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can kinda understand the Lakers giving him a workout as a courtesy.

Clippers gonna Clip.

But, the Warriors?

They don't need to do publicity stunts.

* side eyes Clippers *

So, I am completely baffled as to why they are working him out.
Well, as bad as this bench has looked at times this season I can understand the need. But this kid? Oh goodness no. Just for the mere fact that his dad is a bonafide buffoon.

Side note: you've been missed around here the last few days. :D

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, Lavar is humble and meek
I never said that - I was just pointing out - that both have an ego the size of the Grand Canyon - Wiggy wanted to bash on Lonzo Ball, but his LeBron is not much better then Lavar in that regard - At least LeBron, however has the titles to justify his ego though