• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if LeBron might be a bit under the weather. Postgame, a reporter straight up asked him if he's sick he answered "I'm fine".

I don't know, it's no excuse or anything, everyone deals with things, just genuinely curious. I guess it's possible the fatigue of the season suddenly caught up to him, but it juat seemed like a pretty drastic change from every other game he's played. His substitutions were very different right from the go, too, which tells me they went into the game knowing.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enormous pressure on the Celtics for tomorrows game.

Please don't make me choose between the Rockets or LeBron James to winning a title.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if LeBron might be a bit under the weather. Postgame, a reporter straight up asked him if he's sick he answered "I'm fine".

I don't know, it's no excuse or anything, everyone deals with things, just genuinely curious. I guess it's possible the fatigue of the season suddenly caught up to him, but it juat seemed like a pretty drastic change from every other game he's played. His substitutions were very different right from the go, too, which tells me they went into the game knowing.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably so. We will probably never know.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enormous pressure on the Celtics for tomorrows game.

Please don't make me choose between the Rockets or LeBron James to winning a title.
Celtics in 7. This is coming from a guy who thought the Cavs would win in 5 or 6.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so. We will probably never know.
I disagree.

If LeBron was under the weather and if the C's win... I bet it leaks out after the fact.

And if LeBron gets asked about it at that point, I bet he gives a half answer that basically says he was sick but then tries to downplay that fact in a phony way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please oh please win tonight.

IF the Rockets really pull this off and the Cavs blow this ill be fucking sick. Esp. since Paul is limping around on one leg and the Rockets are playing a 6 man rotation right into the ground.

Itll be such a missed opportunity by the Cavs. If they dont win tonight I will find Ty Lue and shit in his dinner.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

If LeBron was under the weather and if the C's win... I bet it leaks out after the fact.

And if LeBron gets asked about it at that point, I bet he gives a half answer that basically says he was sick but then tries to downplay that fact in a phony way.
I mean, tbf there's not much you can do in that situation if you're asked point blank. You can either flat out lie or you can deflect which looks like phony downplay.

The way he handled it yesterday just saying "I'm fine" and nothing else was about as good as you can do.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, tbf there's not much you can do in that situation if you're asked point blank. You can either flat out lie or you can deflect which looks like phony downplay.

The way he handled it yesterday just saying "I'm fine" and nothing else was about as good as you can do.
Fair enough.

To be clear: I am in no way criticizing how LeBron answered the question a couple of nights ago. Rather, I'm guessing at a future scenario based on variables that may or may not come to pass... we'll only see if my guess is right if the C's win the series, which is no given at all.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please oh please win tonight.

IF the Rockets really pull this off and the Cavs blow this ill be fucking sick. Esp. since Paul is limping around on one leg and the Rockets are playing a 6 man rotation right into the ground.

Itll be such a missed opportunity by the Cavs. If they dont win tonight I will find Ty Lue and shit in his dinner.

can you possibly rub that rabbit's foot a li'l harder...?:dhd:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

To be clear: I am in no way criticizing how LeBron answered the question a couple of nights ago. Rather, I'm guessing at a future scenario based on variables that may or may not come to pass... we'll only see if my guess is right if the C's win the series, which is no given at all.
Yeah I hear that, can't disagree.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Jaylen to hit his sophomore slump and Tatum to hit his rookie wall.

Any day now.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Jaylen to hit his sophomore slump and Tatum to hit his rookie wall.

Any day now.
I still can hardly believe how well the kids are doing...

... it may just be a new day in sports... where the gap between college and the pro's just isn't as wide...

... you see this with QB's in the NFL, too... seems nowadays that more of the top ones are "pro ready" than they used to be.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can hardly believe how well the kids are doing...

... it may just be a new day in sports... where the gap between college and the pro's just isn't as wide...

... you see this with QB's in the NFL, too... seems nowadays that more of the top ones are "pro ready" than they used to be.
It's definitely feeling that way.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any day now.

Youre seeing it on the road this entire playoffs.............As they grow, they will start to dominate on the road as much as at home, right now they are energized by the home crowd, but lack that edge away from there

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any day now.
seriously...pretty amazing

you go from playing what? 30 or so college games?

to playing 80+ pro games at the age of 20 and you get BETTER as the year goes on. That is pretty crazy. The physical beating that takes on you is enormous.

I mean- at 20you should have unlimited energy- but playing with grown men for 80+ games takes its toll on a 20 year old. Tatum has been unbelievable though and shows no signs of wear and tear.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working from home today and just not a lot going on.

The next 9 hours are going to crawl by.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about putting my entire vcash savings of $2 on the line for the game tonight.