• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

easy for me to say but..

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should have kept reader. guys like him you don't replace. save the $ somewhere else. as soon as they want a check, off they go

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should have kept reader. guys like him you don't replace. save the $ somewhere else. as soon as they want a check, off they go
He hasn't suited up yet this year, IIRC.

He also was injured quite a bit here. Rankins isn't Reader, but I think the DL was trying to go in a slightly different direction by getting more push up the middle. That hasn't happened thanks to 2 main rotational guys not being available in McKinley and Jenkins. Pass rush also not getting anywhere outside of Hendrickson thanks to Murphy also being on the IR.

Week 5 or 6 could get really interesting for the defense once these guys all get back healthy and provide a boost.

That being said, I do like the recent signing of the DT from NE - seems like this is a good fit. I would expect him to, potentially, stick around even when everyone returns...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think letting Reader go was the right move. He isn't back yet and I'm not sure he'll be himself when he does make it back. It was a tough year to be in the FA market for a defensive tackle.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think letting Reader go was the right move. He isn't back yet and I'm not sure he'll be himself when he does make it back. It was a tough year to be in the FA market for a defensive tackle.
Agreed. Bengals made the appropriate moves to replace and add depth. You can't plan on injuries all to the same position. Bengals had depth until an unusual rash of injuries hit that specific position.

Once they get Jenkins back, and then McKinnley-Jackson to add in the rotation, along with Rankins and then Hill gets pushed back to a much better fit as a rotational piece...the DL looks decent. You also then have someone to rotate at NT in with Tufele rather than him taking all the NT snaps.

Reader was a destroyer of worlds when healthy, but he missed his entire 1st year here, and the a good chunk last year, IIRC, and then parts of other seasons. Considering his age, and then Rankins' age, and the likely contract extension needed - it was 100% the right move.