• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Easiest Part Of Any Coach's Job: The Cuts.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You think? That's actually one of the spots where it's pretty easy to pick who makes the roster. Lynch is the big question right now (if we're considering him DL). Gotta figure J. Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Williams, and Carradine are effectively stone-cold locks. Jerod-Eddie is also very likely to make the squad. The main question is if we keep Dial or someone else as a seventh.

I think the competition could be incredibly intense in the defensive backfield - S and CB - and at ILB. Not to mention the battle for playing time at WR and RB.

Well, there are a few aspects I find interesting. They could decide to keep one extra DL (Lynch?) or cut one (Dial?) and it'll be interesting to see who wins the starting NT job between Dorsey & Ian Williams. I think Dorsey is better, but we'll see. And could Okoye shock the world & make the roster?

Also, how much PT will Tank earn? I'm actually hoping they use him like a 3rd starter (assuming he's good enough of course). Divide the snaps about equally between JSmith, Ray & Tank by the end of the season? I think that would help keep 'em healthy & fresh.

TJE & Dobbs spent WAY too much time on the field last season IMO. Hoping that changes with some better depth.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. Did I miss something or did we not get Shayne Skov? I thought it was confirmed that he signed with us?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Kaepernick/Gabbert
RB - Gore/Hyde/Lattimore/Hunter
FB - Miller
WR - Crabtee/Johnson/Boldin/Patton/Ellington/*Osgood
TE - Davis/McDonald/Celek
LT - Staley/J.Martin
LG - Iupati
C - Kilgore/M.Martin
RG - Boone/Looney
RT - Davis

DT - J.Smith/TJE
NT - I.Williams/Dorsey/Dial
DT - McDonald/Carradine
OLB - Smith/Lemonier
ILB - Willis/Wilhoite
ILB - Borland/Moody
OLB - Brooks/Lynch/Skuta
CB - Brock/Culliver/Ward/Johnson/Acker/Cox
S - Reid/Bethae/Ventrone/Spilman

K - Dawson
P - Lee
LS - McDermott

PUP/IR - Thomas OG, Reasner CB, Millard FB, Bowman ILB, Breslin OLB

Seems about right but does the 3rd string QB count towards a 53? I know they don't dress up but I thought they do too...

I'm not sure, barring injuries, that we hold 6 CBs....Not to mention a very inexperienced group(that's what gonna keep me on my toes).

Honestly, its too many RBs on the team... Its not like Lattimore or Hunter can help on STs coverage, Hunter maybe returns.... I can see that being somewhere to trim.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting roster battle will definitely be on the DL.

Not so sure... We figure Smith, Dorsey & Ray Ray are ensured their positions. Ian most likely, pending injury status(besides, any word?), Carradine is a must or throw another complaint to Baalke, TJE cuz he flat out earned it IMO, then the 7th is a toss up of sorts, Dial most likely. I don't see Dobbs coming back. Forgive me but ATM I can't think of any realistic DL guys we have that would compete. This assumes Lynch is considered a OLB n not DE.

CB is a battle of intrigue, I'll agree with that... you can also say the same about RB too.

WR gets messy after the #3 spot.

and for me, its C... Kilgore or Martin... I'm rooting for Martin. Sorry Kilgore, I like you as depth more.