• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Easiest Part Of Any Coach's Job: The Cuts.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
For some reason the old who-gets-cut thread is gone (along with some others like the old arrest / suspension thread :scratch:) So I guess we start anew.

First on the chopping block: Nick Moody?

Behind The VP and Bowman, there's Wilhoite, Flemming, Moody & Chris Borland.

Brooks could play ILB in a pinch too. How many ILB do they keep? And who gets cut?

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Flemming gets cut before Moody. You probably should have started with him.

I figured cutting Flemming was a given. I was just listing all the guys who could play ILB.

If Moody's the best special teams player Harbs has ever seen (I know that was standard Harbaugh hyperbole or Harperbole as I like to call it), then I'm rooting for him to make the team. But after picking an ILB at 77 I'm skeptical.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye out for Faulkner. I think he edges Bethel out as the third QB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For some reason the old who-gets-cut thread is gone (along with some others like the old arrest / suspension thread :scratch:) So I guess we start anew.

First on the chopping block: Nick Moody?

Behind The VP and Bowman, there's Wilhoite, Flemming, Moody & Chris Borland.

Brooks could play ILB in a pinch too. How many ILB do they keep? And who gets cut?

Don't forget Skov. And Skuta started as an ILB, so he could also play there in a pinch.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Keep an eye out for Faulkner. I think he edges Bethel out as the third QB.

Should I be embarrassed I didn't know who either of those guys are? :laugh:

You think the team will keep 3 QBs? I hope not. If Kap & You-Probably-Think-This-Song-Is-About-You both go down, I say it's time to kiss the game goodbye anyway. Let Harbaugh come in and finish the game at QB. :)

Edit: oh wait, do you mean Bethel-Thompson from Crapramento State / the Vikings? Oh yeah. I know him. I'm a fellow Hornet alum'. Hard to believe NFL teams are still bothering with him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At this point, I think it's easier to project a 53-man roster than to list all the cuts. The lists are about the same length, and the roster is at least comprised primarily of names we know.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I be embarrassed I didn't know who either of those guys are? :laugh:

You think the team will keep 3 QBs? I hope not. If Kap & You-Probably-Think-This-Song-Is-About-You both go down, I say it's time to kiss the game goodbye anyway. Let Harbaugh come in and finish the game at QB. :)

Edit: oh wait, do you mean Bethel-Thompson from Crapramento State / the Vikings? Oh yeah. I know him. I'm a fellow Hornet alum'. Hard to believe NFL teams are still bothering with him.

Undrafted free agent signings 2014: How Jim Harbaugh, 49ers "discovered" QB Kory Faulkner - Niners Nation

Well the #3 QB doesn't count against the 45-man active roster so there's a chance. Or we might stash him on the PS.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured cutting Flemming was a given. I was just listing all the guys who could play ILB.

If Moody's the best special teams player Harbs has ever seen (I know that was standard Harbaugh hyperbole or Harperbole as I like to call it), then I'm rooting for him to make the team. But after picking an ILB at 77 I'm skeptical.

Ok that makes sense and Moody could be spared if Boarland plays better than Whilote other than that I see Moody getting cut and hoping we can get him back on the PS

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are ~35-40 guys minus the ps that will have to go. Maybe stash 2-3 more on IR.

I still don't get how we signed ~7 UDFA....thought we only had room for 4.

Bottom line decent talent will hit the street and there will likely be more dudes we let go that wind up contributing somewhere else.

We're crazy deep across the board compared to most teams.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are ~35-40 guys minus the ps that will have to go. Maybe stash 2-3 more on IR.

I still don't get how we signed ~7 UDFA....thought we only had room for 4.

Bottom line decent talent will hit the street and there will likely be more dudes we let go that wind up contributing somewhere else.

We're crazy deep across the board compared to most teams.

A great problem to have. It will suck seeing so many go though.

We keep grabbing red shirt players too. Which will keep this trend going every yr.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a lot of intriguing position battles during camp particularly at ILB and CB , I think Borland will edge out Whilhoite for the starting role , the kid just flies around the field and tackles everything. I think Skov has a very good shot at making the final 53.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flemming n Moody are cut IMO... you don't spend a 3rd rd pick to not make the roster injury free.

Well maybe one of them not right away as they'll probably place Bowman as their IR designated to return guy... I see Whilhoite getting the bulk load unless Boris(Im using this nickname) shows plenty in camp.

Then the aforemention in Skuta will or might see time at ILB in passing downs...

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on cue......

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flemming n Moody are cut IMO... you don't spend a 3rd rd pick to not make the roster injury free.

Well maybe one of them not right away as they'll probably place Bowman as their IR designated to return guy... I see Whilhoite getting the bulk load unless Boris(Im using this nickname) shows plenty in camp.

Then the aforemention in Skuta will or might see time at ILB in passing downs...

Flemming?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like clockwork......

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00