• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles to sign Tim Tebow

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles also got old on the OL. I just dont see them as being better than last season. as we all know we need to expect the unexpected in the NFC East. The Giants have some really good receivers now and are well coached. The Cowboys running game is going to suffer if they dont burn an early pick on at top notch running back. Mcfadden is always injured and Randle aint that guy. The NFC East is still wide open. But please dont make me laugh by saying the Eagles are much improved with all the idiotic moves they have made. They way overpaid Murray and signed a high priced QB that never sees the field.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced now...Kelly has lost his marbles...should be back in college coaching in a few more years after the Eaglets hit bottom. (see Saban)

Sanchez meets Tebow 11? Disaster in the making.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think I saw today somewhere they're planning on trading/dropping Barkley
Are they planning on trading him for a roll of quarters? B/c I can't see any team giving anything up for ol' Matty.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Chip Kelly needs to do is sign Michael Sam and ESPN will literally burst into flames.

You couldn’t script the craziness of Chip Kelly’s offseason. I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but it definitely isn’t anything we’re used to. I think he'll be looking for work in 2016.
Just think of all the Tebow fans that will now call the Eagles their team. :thumb:

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced now...Kelly has lost his marbles...should be back in college coaching in a few more years after the Eaglets hit bottom. (see Saban)

Sanchez meets Tebow 11? Disaster in the making.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago when everyone said Kelly would fail miserably in the NFL, and would be back to coaching college in two years . Now that he has proven them wrong, people are just doubling down on the stupid.

Last edited:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles signed several guys that rarely play a whole season. Murray is damn good when he is not injured. Bradford is always on IR. Miles Austin always has a pulled Hamstring. Matthews is always hurt. The Eagles have not really improved IMO. The best FA they brought in is Maxwell and Dez Bryant is going to burn him. The Eagles suck at the QB position. Tebow: LMFAO, Sanchez, sucks, Bradford way overpaid, Barkley is horrible.

Hey I agree with you. I am not sure what the guy was writing about.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....
Is American Champion Redemption going to give up on the Cutler Obsession and go back to Tebow obsession?
Are we going to have a year of her talking about how Tebow is the very best?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true that they don't seem to think much of Matt Barkley, and need competition at the #3 QB spot, and that Bradford may miss some of the offseason camps because he is still recovering so they need arms. But...Tim friggin' Tebow?

Chip is a mad scientist for sure. Emphasis on the mad.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that answers the question of Kelly being a genius or an idiot. That definatly puts him squarly in the idiot column. Sucks to be an Eagles fan.

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are signing Tebow to do what? Cheerleader? Towel boy?

Why can't Timmy just accept that he does not and never will have what it takes to be an NFL QB? I'm sure he's a nice guy & by all accounts he's a born leader, but that doesn't mean he's a good QB.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind it.
Philly is not some sleepy little town. media circuses are almost mundane in Philly. They happen every season.

As for Tebow, it is at least interesting for a training camp look-see.

People think its a complicated offense, but its the exact opposite.
Its an extremely simple watered down offense where you only need to be able to make a handful of throws.

This is an interesting point. I think you are right that the offense is simpler to run than a conventional pro-style offense, but among those "handful" of throws that the QB must make are those "get the ball out quickly and hit a receiver in stride screen passes". That type of throw was never really Tebow's strength. Has the work he's done over the past couple of years taught him to do that? Might be an important question.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Chip Kelly needs to do is sign Michael Sam and ESPN will literally burst into flames.

You couldn’t script the craziness of Chip Kelly’s offseason. I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but it definitely isn’t anything we’re used to. I think he'll be looking for work in 2016.

:10:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how the Eagles are going to fare this year but, at the very least, their offseason moves have been entertaining.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect they will attempt to put together some type of package or trick play for him - if he even makes the team. Maybe the old 'option' play from the 70's. He's not a bad runner, just sucks at passing. ... Always though he'd be better used (not good but better) as a fullback or TE.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how the Eagles are going to fare this year but, at the very least, their offseason moves have been entertaining.

Totally agree with this. In what is sometimes called a "copy cat" league, it's very unusual to see a team that has contended in its division for two years in a row undergo such a roster makeover. Of course, this is the first year that Chip Kelly has reportedly had personnel control and he is certainly not a conventional NFL coach, so maybe it shouldn't be too surprising that he's turned his roster over in such a way that has so many either scratching their heads or just outright making fun of what he has done.

One explanation for Kelly's unconventional approach that I've seen offered several times is that he knows that he can get a high paying job in college if his experiment blows up in his face. While it is certainly true that he can do that, I think his intent is more to show that his approach can succeed in the league than it is to expedite his return to the college game. Definitely interested to see how it plays out.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team like Phili without a legit top QB could actually use Tebow situationally and be quite effective. Be real interesting to see if Kelly is out of the box enough to take that approach.

I've always believed that Tebow as your QB inside the 10 yard line where you can use the read option and power football (like Cam has done in Carolina inside the 10) would be more effective than an average to below average QB. Obviously a guy like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson (and about 15 others) ect should never be taken off the field in any situation for Tebow. But guys like Bradford and the lesser QB's around the league IMO wouldn't convert inside the 10 as often as a run oriented attack led by Tebow would. Kind of a new twist on smash mouth football.