• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EAGLES/MIDGETS GAME THREAD

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 strqight losses.on Pederson.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the old system, yeah... but this is one they usually call this season, and they regularly call far less.
If they made the call, I wouldn't have been shocked... I'll give you that.

A defender who is coming forward and obviously just trying to bat the pass, not land a blow to the QB... is in a really tough position there though.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they made the call, I wouldn't have been shocked... I'll give you that.

A defender who is coming forward and obviously just trying to bat the pass, not land a blow to the QB... is in a really tough position there though.

Hey, in principle I fully agree with you. Generally I am on the side of the defensive players... The thing I want though is consistency from the officiating - and that is completely lacking within the game as well as from game to game (between crews).

Though I have to applaud the officials with their consistency about what is a catch - even if that resulted in the completely ridiculous rulings about the catch-fumble-ruled-incomplete and the catch-maybe-fumble-ruled-int.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a love tap.

Might they make that call in the 21st century NFL?... sure. But it was less a hit/blow then it was a love tap.

Still should have been called. It's the rules, friend!

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still should have been called. It's the rules, friend!
I'd like to read the exact rule on that. What is the language? Is it a "hit" or "blow" to the head or something like that? Arguably, what happened to Wentz on that play didn't amount to a 'blow' or 'hit'... especially if any kind of referee discretion is allowed.

I did a brief google search and didn't see a specific violation for touching the QB's helmet in a benign way here:

NFL Rules Digest: Protection of Passer

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to read the exact rule on that. What is the language? Is it a "hit" or "blow" to the head or something like that? Arguably, what happened to Wentz on that play didn't amount to a 'blow' or 'hit'... especially if any kind of referee discretion is allowed.

I did a brief google search and didn't see a specific violation for touching the QB's helmet in a benign way here:

NFL Rules Digest: Protection of Passer

Fletcher Cox inadvertently hit the QBs helmet and got flagged for roughing the passer earlier this year

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher Cox inadvertently hit the QBs helmet and got flagged for roughing the passer earlier this year
Oh, I know the flag has gotten thrown... I'm not arguing that... I was just wondering if the ref's had any discretion for incidental contact or for determining the difference between a touch and a "blow."

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have won this game if Wentz through a catchable ball to Matthews on our final play
on offense!

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have won this game if Wentz through a catchable ball to Matthews on our final play
on offense!

threw

Or we had a WR that could adjust to the ball. Ever notice Matthews is catching more and more balls in his body as well and not his hands??? Want to bet Odell Jr makes that catch 9 out of 10 times?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WR's are not playmakers ... they don't help out the QB at all by adjusting well to non-perfect throws. Hell, they can't even hang on to perfectly thrown balls half the time. Free Agent rookie Bryce Treggs in his first game showed more than any of these bums have showed all year. The kid shows explosiveness and the ability to free up deep. We MUST more play makers in the next draft.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, my hope is that Howie can fill holes in free agency, so that he can grab Davis or Ross in the 1st round, a CB in the 2nd, and a RB in the 3rd. That said, I always want the BPA in the 1st, but we need a true stud so bad, ala T.O.; Dez; Julio; Megatron; etc. We deserve a stud WR!

(And....Saquon Barkley - 2018!)

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I actually chose a round of golf in the great weather over the game yesterday. Mixed feelings as it sounds frustrating at points with the play calls but had an exciting enough finish, even if we did not pull it out.

Watched the highlights and saw some things, like how much do we win by if guys did not step on the sideline too often? Also....just looking at highlights....Ertz looked a lot better. The long throw to Treggs was something I've been waiting all year to see. Shame he got taken by his shoelace there or he was walking in.

The playcalling looks to be the thing again. Shrugs....rookie coach. He was too aggressive again. I say again as I think he was too aggressive with offensive play calling against Dallas (and only got too conservative with playing clock and field position late).

Agree with the sentiment "take the points Doug". Especially early.

Between new players getting familiar, clear talent lacks in skill positions and a new coaching staff with a rookie coach.....this is why I set my expectations at an upside of 8-8 this year from the start. This quickly becomes a year one measuring stick. Do they lay down and taken 6 wins or rise up and get 8-9? That's not sexy and fun for a fan base starved for a championship....but that is where the "win" is measured in year one. Show us that with all the realities in place this year you can rise up and fight. Build the confidence now that this team will fight. With that I can comfortably watch the off season unfold and take some more patience with Doug having a full offseason to absorb the play calling lessons and adjust. Losing to a division rival because you bungled the playcalling so bad will not be allowed to be a thing starting next year.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson called a bad game yesterday. Eagles are a .500 team anyway. Your running game scares no one, your receivers are mediocre at best, OL is patchwork, Wentz looks good most of the time but he's a rookie, your defense gives up too many long drives with the game on the line. Dallas is the class of the Division, being 0-3 in the Division says it all.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a solid go to WR we could have won that game. If we had a running game, we could have won that game. I feel like any other team with either of these two things could have punched in a TD after that interception. The Defense did a great job setting up the offense for the W, but they just couldn't get it done.

Stop trying to run with Wentz! It fooled no one.

That said, I think we will these games if played at home.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the team has no identity ... we don't have the talent at WR to be a passing team (not one dependable go-to guy) and we're using a 33 year old scat Back as our running game (insane to use him as our short yardage Back). I'm surprised some of these games are even close ...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the team has no identity ... we don't have the talent at WR to be a passing team (not one dependable go-to guy) and we're using a 33 year old scat Back as our running game (insane to use him as our short yardage Back). I'm surprised some of these games are even close ...

Totally agreed on identity. I expected this for this year, especially after it was decided rookie coach and staff/rookie QB starting. I also expected us to roll over in some games due to the lack of identity. But we haven't. And I really like that. It's promissing and it's just what a guy like Wentz needs to see. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with his influence too.