• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DaBears game day thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braxton Jones got manhandled today and was a penalty machine.

Patrick was complete shit.

Nate Jones was sliding backwards on every play.

We targeted a guy we gave up the #1 pick for twice.

Linebackers that were signed because they can cover couldn’t cover.

No pass rush. No run defense.

And with apologies to bsgenius, ha, Chase Claypool played like he didn’t even know there was a game going on.

But Poles is a genius. He will fix all of this.
But none of that was Fields' fault. :rolleyes2:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, he hasn’t even shown a game where he excelled passing the football. He’s a runner. He’s always going to be a runner.

Im really hating yo say it,and I was a big supporter of his,but damn yesterday was an abominstion of a game......

It was totally embarrassing.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That’s why he spent so many resources the past two years fixing the offensive line.

Because he’s smart.

That oline looked better last season than it did yesterday.......JF had no time yesterday.
Playcalling was horrible with all the short passes.....I know the oline broke down something terrible,but was there any passes he attempted 20 yds downfield,or atleasrlt 10......??

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears first 7 drives of the game :

1. Turnover on downs
2. 2 penalties in GB territory
3. 7 yd sack from GB 4
4. 3 and out with a drop from Clypool
5. 5 plays 14 yds
6. 3 plays -2 yds
7. 3 plays turnover

6 penalties.......
15 plays went for 0 or negative yards.....
Fields had 4 situations yesterday where it was 2nd and 17 plus......
Fields fumbles the ball away in their own 20......

Just an absolute meltdown on the first game of a new begining and vs our biggest enemy......
Just total dogshit.....

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked like another green bay qb staked his claim on the bears.i thought the bears would win.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TYSON BEARGENT!!!! TYSON BEARGERNT!!!
Wouldn't have mattered with the problems the O line was having.
That oline looked better last season than it did yesterday.......JF had no time yesterday.
Playcalling was horrible with all the short passes.....I know the oline broke down something terrible,but was there any passes he attempted 20 yds downfield,or atleasrlt 10......??
Right on both accounts. No, designed roll outs? Screen passes except in obvious screen pass downs? Take out Fields, Bears running backs averaged 2.2 yards per carry on 11 carries... ugh.

Everytime I turned around Jones was hitting holes for 6 yard gains. We have an expensive pair of new LB for that sustained mediocrity.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't have mattered with the problems the O line was having.

You gotta understand Bears meatball fan mentality.

The backup QB is always better. And you call for him to play and then when he sucks you call for them to draft or sign someone new. And then when that guy sucks you call for the backup again. And over and over and over.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But none of that was Fields' fault. :rolleyes2:

If you could name me a QB that blocks for himself I'd love to know who that is.

Did you see Joe Burrow yesterday? No protection and bad play calling.....had a horrible game. Daniel Jones last night?

Please name me a QB that does this on his own. Mahomes? How good was he Thursday when his receivers decided to not catch passes?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braxton Jones got manhandled today and was a penalty machine.

Patrick was complete shit.

Nate Jones was sliding backwards on every play.

We targeted a guy we gave up the #1 pick for twice.

Linebackers that were signed because they can cover couldn’t cover.

No pass rush. No run defense.

And with apologies to bsgenius, ha, Chase Claypool played like he didn’t even know there was a game going on.

But Poles is a genius. He will fix all of this.

They were 100% in on Braxton Jones but after one game it appears that could end up being a bad choice. Poles can only blame himself if dude continues to suck.

Lucas Patrick has never played well imo.

Nate Jones? I mean...The guy has barely played to this point so there was very little chance there-at least for this game. Maybe a diamond in the rough once he gets up to game speed...That he started is an indication of just how bad it is on our line depth.

We needed a f*cking center. We didn't get one so we'll struggle on the o-line all...season...long as any team with a strong rush up the middle is going to eat us for breakfast. Hey there Vita Vea and and 0-2 start is what I'm expecting now.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Fields...Man I want him to succeed...but I think reality is setting in.

Unlike with game-changing quarterbacks, Fields is not elevating those around him. It is becoming apparent.

I watched a first game rookie, Andrew Luck, come into Soldier Field and get sacked 3 times and throw 3 picks to Urlacher/Briggs/Peppers/Tillman and Co....BUT, he STILL dropped 300 yards passing in that game (something Fields has yet to do)...in his FIRST GAME. Following that game, he led a prior year 2-14 team to an 11-5 record for his rookie season. That's a guy you go "Look out boys...We on the come up."

Justin Fields is NOT that kind of guy. He's had enough chances at this point to prove it. It's just not happening. Greatness usually rears its head a lot earlier than the third season. After what we saw yesterday, if he actually turned it around and became great I would be amazed. He might be good and serviceable as a QB if we get better line play and coaching...but he won't be great. All this MVP talk around him is nonsense at this point.

It is weird though because it was actually refreshing, for once, to have a quarterback that other fans and the media were like "This guy looks to be the goods." I'm a 45 year old Bear fan and our QB always gets sh*t on and is ridiculed by the media. McNown, Grossman, Orton, Cutler (oh Good Lord Cutler), Trubisky among all the really sh*tty ones...Just nonstop punchlines. I think only Erik Kramer really didn't get bashed too hard because everyone understood what he was. So to have the national media and fans outside of Chicago like "Chicago found their guy!" when we drafted Fields was refreshing. Sh*t...Considering even our fans booed Mitch after he was drafted at #2 overall that was quite the change in attitude.

But it doesn't look like it's going to pan out the way we had all hoped and that really sucks.

Just once boys...Just once...It would be nice to not be arguing 15,000 minutiae about why our QB does or doesn't suck. Who gives a sh*t? It's NOT happening. I think we all can see the cracks in the foundation from yesterday's game. This is going to be a long, painful season for a myriad of reasons and Justin is probably gone and we reset...again...at QB. With new coaches? GM? Team owners? Who knows? But it looks very probable that we aren't taking any big steps in 2024, much less this year.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta understand Bears meatball fan mentality.

The backup QB is always better. And you call for him to play and then when he sucks you call for them to draft or sign someone new. And then when that guy sucks you call for the backup again. And over and over and over.

Anyone clamoring for Bagent probably didn't even know who he was in January 2023. Preseason heroism doesn't mean sh*t. Problem is when Brady and guys like Purdy are pulled off of essentially the scrap heap and produce at a high level, there's always that "What if?" So of course fans clamoring for backups happens. Whatever though. We're not benching Fields.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
know the oline broke down something terrible,but was there any passes he attempted 20 yds downfield,or atleasrlt 10......??

Just watched highlites again,and yes one pass went for over 10......and it was intercepted.....ugh

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Fields...Man I want him to succeed...but I think reality is setting in.

Unlike with game-changing quarterbacks, Fields is not elevating those around him. It is becoming apparent.

I watched a first game rookie, Andrew Luck, come into Soldier Field and get sacked 3 times and throw 3 picks to Urlacher/Briggs/Peppers/Tillman and Co....BUT, he STILL dropped 300 yards passing in that game (something Fields has yet to do)...in his FIRST GAME. Following that game, he led a prior year 2-14 team to an 11-5 record for his rookie season. That's a guy you go "Look out boys...We on the come up."

Justin Fields is NOT that kind of guy. He's had enough chances at this point to prove it. It's just not happening. Greatness usually rears its head a lot earlier than the third season. After what we saw yesterday, if he actually turned it around and became great I would be amazed. He might be good and serviceable as a QB if we get better line play and coaching...but he won't be great. All this MVP talk around him is nonsense at this point.

It is weird though because it was actually refreshing, for once, to have a quarterback that other fans and the media were like "This guy looks to be the goods." I'm a 45 year old Bear fan and our QB always gets sh*t on and is ridiculed by the media. McNown, Grossman, Orton, Cutler (oh Good Lord Cutler), Trubisky among all the really sh*tty ones...Just nonstop punchlines. I think only Erik Kramer really didn't get bashed too hard because everyone understood what he was. So to have the national media and fans outside of Chicago like "Chicago found their guy!" when we drafted Fields was refreshing. Sh*t...Considering even our fans booed Mitch after he was drafted at #2 overall that was quite the change in attitude.

But it doesn't look like it's going to pan out the way we had all hoped and that really sucks.

Just once boys...Just once...It would be nice to not be arguing 15,000 minutiae about why our QB does or doesn't suck. Who gives a sh*t? It's NOT happening. I think we all can see the cracks in the foundation from yesterday's game. This is going to be a long, painful season for a myriad of reasons and Justin is probably gone and we reset...again...at QB. With new coaches? GM? Team owners? Who knows? But it looks very probable that we aren't taking any big steps in 2024, much less this year.
Damn, thanks for telling me AFTER I purchased Sunday Ticket, Jiddy.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most pressures given up in the league yesterday? 25. By the Bears offensive line.

Fewest pressures given up in the league yesterday? 2. By the Packers offensive line.

But yes....let's draft a QB.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, thanks for telling me AFTER I purchased Sunday Ticket, Jiddy.

If it makes you feel better...I paid more for tickets to this Sunday's game than you paid for the Sunday Ticket...And yeah I'll be trudging my ass over the the sports bar every other week to watch these trouncings...so it'll be a couple grand for this misery minimum. At least I'll get some decent food and drink while I cry. LOL

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most pressures given up in the league yesterday? 25. By the Bears offensive line.

Fewest pressures given up in the league yesterday? 2. By the Packers offensive line.

But yes....let's draft a QB.

Didn't the movie "Draft Day" teach you anything?

Anthony Molina : You see that? That's the Dungeon Drop. Kids waited an hour to take it. It's exactly 50 feet from the end of the slide right into the pool. Huge splash. Anybody within shouting distance would've gotten completely soaked. And people pay for that. I need you to make a splash, Sonny. We need to sell tickets.
Sonny Weaver Jr. : Well, I'm trying to help you do that, Anthony, in my own way.
Anthony Molina : You can help me, by making a splash. And if you can't do it, then I have to do it, and... I don't wanna have to do that, Sonny.
Sonny Weaver Jr. : Just to be clear here, you're threatening to fire me, right?