• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Have 83 Million Invested In Their QB's

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is such a little bitch, I'd hate to have to root for that clown.

But the Eagles fans' justification for this entire mess is pretty amusing. Just because they had the cap space does not mean it wasn't a bad cap move. That's like me justifying the $200 I dropped at the titty bar because I happen to have the cash on hand.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Bradford sucks. Philly was dumb for paying him again. Isn't that part of the basis for this thread:scratch:
You'd be much better off right now with Daniels, Wentz and an OL instead of Bradford IMO

Soooo disagree. Bradford can be let go after one season with no ramifications to the cap. If it was a 5 year 100 million dollar deal then I agree... but its not. I think they played it perfectly.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Eagles fans' justification for this entire mess is pretty amusing. Just because they had the cap space does not mean it wasn't a bad cap move. That's like me justifying the $200 I dropped at the titty bar because I happen to have the cash on hand.

Its a bad move for one season. Big deal. It wasnt a long trm deal handed out to Bradford. Its essentially a one year deal with a team option for year two.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles biggest error with Bradford was overestimating his value to 31 other teams.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly strapped the Eagles into the chair, and this off season, the front office threw the switch.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defend the Brand.

Tell me how I'm wrong. They can release their starter and back up after one year. People acting like Philly destroyed their cap for years when in truth it's just one year and they're still under the cap.

People acting like they know Philly blew it. If Wentz is a stud they one million percent did the right thing. If he isn't they're in trouble but no one knows. You have to wait until you rip them. No one on here even watched Wentz play, including me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me how I'm wrong. They can release their starter and back up after one year. People acting like Philly destroyed their cap for years when in truth it's just one year and they're still under the cap.

People acting like they know Philly blew it. If Wentz is a stud they one million percent did the right thing. If he isn't they're in trouble but no one knows. You have to wait until you rip them. No one on here even watched Wentz play, including me.
How many times and how many people have to say the same thing. Individually the moves aren't terrible, no I wouldn't have traded all those picks, but at least I'd understand. It's the combining the three deals that we have called out.

Colors did watch Wentz play and really likes him, but he was not wanting to trade up for him.
Defend the Brand.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bad move for one season. Big deal. It wasnt a long trm deal handed out to Bradford. Its essentially a one year deal with a team option for year two.

I don't care to bother to learn the specifics of the deal but how can there be no cap hit in '17 if they release him?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo disagree. Bradford can be let go after one season with no ramifications to the cap. If it was a 5 year 100 million dollar deal then I agree... but its not. I think they played it perfectly.
First off there is a ramification to the cap because $5.5M of his bonus was going to go to 2017.

Second...So if that happens you give a guy $18M for one year and the best you can say about it is they were able to cut him after one year? Think about that for a second...

Third, you skipped my point. They'd have been better off using Bradford or Daniels money on an OL 9or pick your position) and they'd still have two QBs. The point all along was what else they could have done with that money.

Lastly and most important...he still isn't really any good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely different situation...that $200 was well spent...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles biggest error with Bradford was overestimating his value to 31 other teams.
The worst part about that is this is the second time they did it!!! They tried to trade him the first time too

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see some examples of people acting like that. What people are saying is it's a bad move in a cap world, not that it in and of itself has destroyed your cap. The thread continues because for some reason I can't imagine Eagle's fans seem to be saying it was in fact a good move. Heck, even if you didn't use it on another player this year you can use it on someone next year because it rolls over or you could have used it to paying down some of Cox's extension.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care to bother to learn the specifics of the deal but how can there be no cap hit in '17 if they release him?
Because that helps his argument:noidea:

Reality: $5.5M cap hit in 2017 if he is released.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off there is a ramification to the cap because $5.5M of his bonus was going to go to 2017.

Second...So if that happens you give a guy $18M for one year and the best you can say about it is they were able to cut him after one year? Think about that for a second...

Third, you skipped my point. They'd have been better off using Bradford or Daniels money on an OL 9or pick your position) and they'd still have two QBs. The point all along was what else they could have done with that money.

Lastly and most important...he still isn't really any good.

The did get a high priced Guard all ready. They brought I two new guards so they covered the OLine. The money is just short term and they are still under the cap. Philly didn't want to come into this year with no QB. To me it all makes perfect sense. It's all very short term money. Like I said... If they signed Bradford to a long term deal it would have been stupid. 18 mil is the going rate these days. They didn't want to tank the season. What the option. Have no starter and tell your team we are giving up on the season?

A one year 5.5 million hit is nothing. Dallas paid 5 million for Miles Austin last year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times and how many people have to say the same thing. Individually the moves aren't terrible, no I wouldn't have traded all those picks, but at least I'd understand. It's the combining the three deals that we have called out.

Colors did watch Wentz play and really likes him, but he was not wanting to trade up for him.
Defend the Brand.

He really likes him and thinks he might be a star but wouldn't trade up for him. A star QB for 15 years but also not worth trading up for.... Makes sense???

And please please please don't start with the stupid platitudes like PDay does. Defend the brand... Uuugh.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really likes him and thinks he might be a star but wouldn't trade up for him. A star QB for 15 years but also not worth trading up for.... Makes sense???

And please please please don't start with the stupid platitudes like PDay does. Defend the brand... Uuugh.
DEFEND THE BRAND. I never knew that came from PDay.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly won 27 games in his first three seasons, including back to back 10 win seasons. Anything less over the same time period, and the Wentz project is a failure.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles managed to come up with a terrible contract. Maybe they can get themselves out of this mess, but I don't see good outcomes.