• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Have 83 Million Invested In Their QB's

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't have said jerk off cause I do respect you. I never ever ever ever on my kids life said the Eagles would have the best OLine. So completely untrue. Osmele got 12 mill per and I think giving a guard that much is worse then what the paid the QBs.

What should they have done with Peters? Cut him and take a massive cap hit? He is no way near what he used to be but he's still top . The Eagles problem last year was guard and they got a very good one and added two more in FA and two more in the draft and your saying that's not enough? Who are they going to find better than Peters over the next two years... NO ONE.

This thread was about the Eagles dishing out too much cash for QBs and I think they are fine. If Bradford plays good, trade him. If Wentz is ready take a whopping 5 mill cap hit for a year which is no boggie. Like I said, Dallas paid Miles Austin that much last year.

So tell me what they should have done. Drop 12 mill a year on a guard, start an unready rookie QB and cut Peters. All I'm saying is I think the Eagles fixed the two gaping holes at guard by bringing in 5 new guards. The are in great shape at RT and Center and no one is coming in FA better then Peters.

Next, I never ever ever ever ever said the Eagles would have the best OLine. I said it won't be as bad as people think and I was wrong and said you were right but you bring it up 413 times to try and strengthen your argue,nets on completely different topics. Osmele and Wentz is your solution. Come on.
The discussion ended up at OL. What I said from the beginning was: unlike other positions, you can only play one QB at a time. So, instead of having 3 QBs that cost a lot (whether it be salary, picks or both), 2 and upgrading any other position of your choice (OL, DB, WR, RB, etc) would be better for the team. I am confused how anyone can argue that point. I know if it was Dallas that did that I sure as heck would be asking why.

So as an example I brought up swapping out whomever you dislike more between Bradford and Daniels and using that money to upgrade Brooks to Osemele. IMO Osmele is way better than Brooks. I'd rather have the much better Guard and perhaps a slightly lesser #3 QB who likely never sees the field. Again, I don't see how anyone can argue that, but you obviously would rather have 3 QBs and Brooks and that's your opinion. I don't know why you keep bringing up the $5M and Miles Austin. One stupid contract doesn't justify another. Lastly the idea that they fit them under the cap so it didn't hurt them is the most flawed one. That money could have been used on other FAs to strengthen the team or to start paying down the massive cap hit Cox will cost you or simply to roll into next years cap as savings. I am truly perplexed that anyone can look at the Philly QB situation and think they didn't play it wrong. But, I really don't care. I'm actually glad Philly did it. My hope is Bradford plays just well enough to make them bring him back and keep 3 QBs for the next 4 years.