• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Have 83 Million Invested In Their QB's

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The did get a high priced Guard all ready. They brought I two new guards so they covered the OLine. The money is just short term and they are still under the cap. Philly didn't want to come into this year with no QB. To me it all makes perfect sense. It's all very short term money. Like I said... If they signed Bradford to a long term deal it would have been stupid. 18 mil is the going rate these days. They didn't want to tank the season. What the option. Have no starter and tell your team we are giving up on the season?

A one year 5.5 million hit is nothing. Dallas paid 5 million for Miles Austin last year.
High priced but he's not that great. As I said before they could have had Osemele instead if they didn't have either of the two QBs. And Saying they covered the OL is way off base. But, you argued they had the best OL in the league Last Summer, so our views of the Philly OL certainly differ.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see where signing one solid and one average guard, while relying on an aging and possibly breaking down Jason Peters has "fixed" the OL. And while a cap hit of over $5 million is sustainable let's put to rest the stupid notion that getting out of the Sam Bradford business after this season won't hurt the following year.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check that, average may not have been fair. But their reliance on Peters, who has clearly fallen off with no backup LT without an OL reshuffle, is dicey.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High priced but he's not that great. As I said before they could have had Osemele instead if they didn't have either of the two QBs. And Saying they covered the OL is way off base. But, you argued they had the best OL in the league Last Summer, so our views of the Philly OL certainly differ.

Dude, I hate when you go down the jerk off road. Last year (2015) I said the Eagles had one of the best OLines in 2014, which they did. I even posted links to articles where people rated the 2014 line the best run block group in the league. I didn't think the loss of two guards would be as fatal cause they have 2 very good tackles and a very good C. I was wrong and admitted that to you. Why do you bring it up 500 times. I never said they 2015 OLine was the best in the league but you are twisting the story around to make me it look like I said the 2015 Eagles have the best OLine in the league. You know that's complete garbage.

What's to fix on the OLine. There was no one better then what they have at LT, C, RT. They got a star G and paid huge money for him. Then they signed Wisniewski too and drafted a Guard.

So tell me how I'm way off base on the OLine. There was someone in FA better than Jason Peters? Lane Johnson is a top RT in the league. How do they improve on that. They had two HUMONGOUS holes at guard and they signed 3 and drafted two. One they gave huge money too. So explain how I'm off base.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEFEND THE BRAND. I never knew that came from PDay.

It didn't come from PDay. But stupid platitudes like, "Onward through the fog" did and that's some really goofy crap. Defend the brand... embarrassing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't come from PDay. But stupid platitudes like, "Onward through the fog" did and that's some really goofy crap. Defend the brand... embarrassing.
Embarrassing is Defending the Brand blindly.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always good to be the judge of who is who and what is what

onward King!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I hate when you go down the jerk off road. Last year (2015) I said the Eagles had one of the best OLines in 2014, which they did. I even posted links to articles where people rated the 2014 line the best run block group in the league. I didn't think the loss of two guards would be as fatal cause they have 2 very good tackles and a very good C. I was wrong and admitted that to you. Why do you bring it up 500 times. I never said they 2015 OLine was the best in the league but you are twisting the story around to make me it look like I said the 2015 Eagles have the best OLine in the league. You know that's complete garbage.

What's to fix on the OLine. There was no one better then what they have at LT, C, RT. They got a star G and paid huge money for him. Then they signed Wisniewski too and drafted a Guard.

So tell me how I'm way off base on the OLine. There was someone in FA better than Jason Peters? Lane Johnson is a top RT in the league. How do they improve on that. They had two HUMONGOUS holes at guard and they signed 3 and drafted two. One they gave huge money too. So explain how I'm off base.
Jerk off? Read our conversation and tell me who is acting like a jerk off. Yes you did say they will have the best OL before the season started and it's pertinent because it is similar to what we are talking about right now. You are over rating their OL. you always get all upset and start name calling and then forget what you said apparently. You need OL more than you needed a 3rd QB. I don't think the Guard from Houston is worth what others feel he is and Peters looks about done. If you don't want to have a conversation about it, don't, but don't act like an ass about it. What I said all along was you could have upgraded Brooks to Osemele with the money you paid for your completely extra QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More importantly, why is it when I agree with you I am a cool, respectful, knowledgeable, objective guy and when I disagree I'm a jerk off? Perhaps it's not me afterall:noidea:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly, why is it when I agree with you I am a cool, respectful, knowledgeable, objective guy and when I disagree I'm a jerk off? Perhaps it's not me afterall:noidea:
Now this sounds familiar.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puzzling isn't it.:scratch:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerk off? Read our conversation and tell me who is acting like a jerk off. Yes you did say they will have the best OL before the season started and it's pertinent because it is similar to what we are talking about right now. You are over rating their OL. you always get all upset and start name calling and then forget what you said apparently. You need OL more than you needed a 3rd QB. I don't think the Guard from Houston is worth what others feel he is and Peters looks about done. If you don't want to have a conversation about it, don't, but don't act like an ass about it. What I said all along was you could have upgraded Brooks to Osemele with the money you paid for your completely extra QB

Shouldn't have said jerk off cause I do respect you. I never ever ever ever on my kids life said the Eagles would have the best OLine. So completely untrue. Osmele got 12 mill per and I think giving a guard that much is worse then what the paid the QBs.

What should they have done with Peters? Cut him and take a massive cap hit? He is no way near what he used to be but he's still top . The Eagles problem last year was guard and they got a very good one and added two more in FA and two more in the draft and your saying that's not enough? Who are they going to find better than Peters over the next two years... NO ONE.

This thread was about the Eagles dishing out too much cash for QBs and I think they are fine. If Bradford plays good, trade him. If Wentz is ready take a whopping 5 mill cap hit for a year which is no boggie. Like I said, Dallas paid Miles Austin that much last year.

So tell me what they should have done. Drop 12 mill a year on a guard, start an unready rookie QB and cut Peters. All I'm saying is I think the Eagles fixed the two gaping holes at guard by bringing in 5 new guards. The are in great shape at RT and Center and no one is coming in FA better then Peters.

Next, I never ever ever ever ever said the Eagles would have the best OLine. I said it won't be as bad as people think and I was wrong and said you were right but you bring it up 413 times to try and strengthen your argue,nets on completely different topics. Osmele and Wentz is your solution. Come on.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again I shouldn't have said jerk off but I hate it when I get misquoted in an attempt to make me look stupid. I never said the Eagles would have the best OLine in the league when we didn't have that before we lost an all pro guard and another long term guard. I thought they'd be fine. All I did was post a link showing someone rated the Eagles OLine from the year before as the best run blocking unit.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing is Defending the Brand blindly.

I didn't. I'd be more than gold to tell you all that's wrong on Philly cause there's plenty. But I disagree with this entire idea that Philly is stupid for dishing out money to QBs when if you let Bradford go we take the same hit Dallas took last year for Miles Austin. Not a big deal at all.

But if this thread was about the Eagles WR trio pr their DBs I'd be more then glad to rip these sub par units. They are in trouble at RB and OLB too. It's not blindly defending the brand. It's saying a 5 million cap hit is something to yawn at. When someone says the OLine has problems I said I think they did all they can do.

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't. I'd be more than gold to tell you all that's wrong on Philly cause there's plenty. But I disagree with this entire idea that Philly is stupid for dishing out money to QBs when if you let Bradford go we take the same hit Dallas took last year for Miles Austin. Not a big deal at all.

But if this thread was about the Eagles WR trio pr their DBs I'd be more then glad to rip these sub par units. They are in trouble at RB and OLB too. It's not blindly defending the brand. It's saying a 5 million cap hit is something to yawn at. When someone says the OLine has problems I said I think they did all they can do.
You have been exposed. Your MO was to praise Dallas or just to think it would give you trolling leeway. Your bad mouthing of Philly is akin to a brother picking on his little brother, you can do it but no one else can, for if they do their jerks. You cannot deny this, as it's proven just today in this thread.

Oh by the way many on this thread has said Bradfords money would have been better off spent elsewhere.
Defend the Brand

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been exposed. Your MO was to praise Dallas or just to think it would give you trolling leeway. Your bad mouthing of Philly is akin to a brother picking on his little brother, you can do it but no one else can, for if they do their jerks. You cannot deny this, as it's proven just today in this thread.

Oh by the way many on this thread has said Bradfords money would have been better off spent elsewhere.
Defend the Brand

No you can rip Philly on legit stuff and I'll agree. I just don't happen to agree with you on this. I praised Dallas when they deserve it and come down on their bad decisions. Unlike you who can do nothing but rip Philly over and over and over. I can deny it because you proved nothing other than Philly should have spent the money elsewhere and start the season without a QB. Great idea but I'll pass.

I can come on this board and praise Philly and Dallas and also rip them. All you can do is go on and on about how bad Philly is but I'm the one who has been exposed. When Dallas does something excellent like build a tremendous line I'll say it and give them props, but in your pea brain that just me giving myself troll leeway. I suppose you'd respect me more if I went your route and just did nothing but rip Dallas. And let's remember my last post ripping Dallas was me saying your number 3 WR is just a mediocre player. How awful of me cause Beasley proved he is a flat out superstar. Right???

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see where signing one solid and one average guard, while relying on an aging and possibly breaking down Jason Peters has "fixed" the OL. And while a cap hit of over $5 million is sustainable let's put to rest the stupid notion that getting out of the Sam Bradford business after this season won't hurt the following year.

Jason Peters is going to caveman fuck the redskins this year. Too bad your team won't be disregarding him like all your fans are. Back in a regular huddling offense and he will fuck your shit up once again.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can rip Philly on legit stuff and I'll agree. I just don't happen to agree with you on this. I praised Dallas when they deserve it and come down on their bad decisions. Unlike you who can do nothing but rip Philly over and over and over. I can deny it because you proved nothing other than Philly should have spent the money elsewhere and start the season without a QB. Great idea but I'll pass.

I can come on this board and praise Philly and Dallas and also rip them. All you can do is go on and on about how bad Philly is but I'm the one who has been exposed. When Dallas does something excellent like build a tremendous line I'll say it and give them props, but in your pea brain that just me giving myself troll leeway. I suppose you'd respect me more if I went your route and just did nothing but rip Dallas. And let's remember my last post ripping Dallas was me saying your number 3 WR is just a mediocre player. How awful of me cause Beasley proved he is a flat out superstar. Right???
The football world is saying Philly has over spent on questionable QB's and it's NOT legit? I've ripped Philly on Kelly, on signing Murray and Matthews, if you recall I said signing oNE of the two would have been good, but not both of them, now I and everyone else is ripping them for how the handled the QB situation primarily Bradford. Your history is if someone agrees with you their respectable posters, if they don't their Jerks or Nimrods.