• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Have 83 Million Invested In Their QB's

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...yeah, that's what everyone is saying

I am glad we didn't take that as a goal too. I think we spent a LOT in FA. 75 mil on McLeod and Brooks, another 20 mil on a few other guys... The big deals for the re-signings...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. I'm not condemning any of the 3 QB moves although I honesty feel all 3 were poor choices, but they can be defended on their own. The point is doing all 3 is just dumb IMO. Any one of the 3, OK. Even two of the three isn't horrible. But all 3 just don't make sense. Where are they going?
He's not going to understand or he simply refuses to do so. DEFEND the BRAND no matter what.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was D2 QB's who panned out. JT was nothing more than a backup, if Wentz pans out like JT did the Eagles are in a lot of hurt.

Well the question is DII QB's who've had that NFL ready skill sets too... McNair did... That's about it I can think of... Has there ever been a 1st round DII QB that didn't have a HOF level career?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad we didn't take that as a goal too. I think we spent a LOT in FA. 75 mil on McLeod and Brooks, another 20 mil on a few other guys... The big deals for the re-signings...
OK, so are you a better team as is or with Osemele instead of Brooks and Daniels who is now your 3rd string QB? Heck I'd prefer Daniels over Bradford, but that is just me

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the question is DII QB's who've had that NFL ready skill sets too... McNair did... That's about it I can think of... Has there ever been a 1st round DII QB that didn't have a HOF level career?

That's how you read the question?

Here's what was asked "Serious question - How many division 2 QB's have actually panned out in the NFL? I don't know the answer. The only one that is note worthy that I can think of is Steve McNair (RIP). I know there is more that I am missing."

I don't see how JT can be included as an answer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue, but I don't know why that's a topic so I'll ignore. You can say that about everyone before there is a first. First QB out of College "X". First short QB, Fat QB, etc. I don't see that as a reason to dislike the Wentz move. First undrafted QB out of Eastern Illinois to start for the Cowboys; first QB who split time at Michigan to win a bunch of SBs without cheating (oh wait, still waiting on that one)...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to understand or he simply refuses to do so. DEFEND the BRAND no matter what.

If you look in reverse, sure they shouldn't have signed Sam... But that isn't real life. They had no idea they would be able to move up to #2 overall when they did that. You can't just hop in the time machine and go back and reverse that because you were able now to make that trade work.

I am fine with them over-investing with capital they had plenty of on the QB position to try and find a long term answer there.

I was fine when other teams did that, that's the lone position I want that to happen with.

Again, tell me what your big issue that causes pages and pages of writing is when they didn't negatively affect their current or future cap space with those moves? It has to be you really care about Lurie's net worth...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how you read the question?

Here's what was asked "Serious question - How many division 2 QB's have actually panned out in the NFL? I don't know the answer. The only one that is note worthy that I can think of is Steve McNair (RIP). I know there is more that I am missing."

I don't see how JT can be included as an answer.
JT? :scratch:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look in reverse, sure they shouldn't have signed Sam... But that isn't real life. They had no idea they would be able to move up to #2 overall when they did that. You can't just hop in the time machine and go back and reverse that because you were able now to make that trade work.

I am fine with them over-investing with capital they had plenty of on the QB position to try and find a long term answer there.

I was fine when other teams did that, that's the lone position I want that to happen with.

Again, tell me what your big issue that causes pages and pages of writing is when they didn't negatively affect their current or future cap space with those moves? It has to be you really care about Lurie's net worth...

That the ticket. DEFEND the BRAND.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made a 5-6 year career out of a 6th round pick. I was just thinking of DII QB's... Don't get all troll happy over that.. Whatever. Not a major thing...

How many DII QB's have busted in the first round?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the ticket. DEFEND the BRAND.

You still have yet to explain in 3 pages what negatives you are seeing...

A.. Doesn't hurt cap space now or in the future.

What is your issue? What makes it so so bad?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the great JT O'Sullivan out of Cal Davis with his career 8 NFL starts. He panned out real well.

And troll happy you go... He fit about where you'd expect him to be drafted at.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a 5-6 year career out of a 6th round pick. I was just thinking of DII QB's... Don't get all troll happy over that.. Whatever. Not a major thing...

How many DII QB's have busted in the first round?
Troll happy??? I don't even know who JT is. That is what I was asking

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll happy??? I don't even know who JT is. That is what I was asking

And I told you... I was going off the reply on some DII QB's Those were ones I knew of. And off you go post after post of trolling it. Whatever.

So who was the last DII to bust?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the great JT O'Sullivan out of Cal Davis with his career 8 NFL starts. He panned out real well.
Gotcha. I thought it was like Joe Theisman or some other QB with initials JT but knew Theisman was ND

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I told you... I was going off the reply on some DII QB's Those were ones I knew of. And off you go post after post of trolling it. Whatever.

So who was the last DII to bust?
No. Again. I didn't know who JT was. How is that trolling? Am I supposed to automatically know you are talking about JT O'Sullivan when the topic is QBs? And I know who he was, but I had no idea what College he went to. you are a sensitive dude

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I thought it was like Joe Theisman or some other QB with initials JT but knew Theisman was ND

Ok... my point is right or wrong... What does it matter??? Doesn't hurt the cap space, they are still good on that.

And before the Wentz signing they were one of the bottom half teams in the league in $ at the QB position. I have NO issue moving up to take Wentz after that. If he pans out, nobody will care what they spent on the others, just like Seattle? If he doesn't it will be about Wentz busting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, are you reading what I'm writing or just making assumptions. I just said it's a dumb angle. Never mind. You obviously aren't interested in a discussion on the topic

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Again. I didn't know who JT was. How is that trolling? Am I supposed to automatically know you are talking about JT O'Sullivan when the topic is QBs? And I know who he was, but I had no idea what College he went to. you are a sensitive dude

awww are your feelings hurt??? OK I take it back.. you aren't a troll. heres a tissue or whatever.