• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles face tough decisions this offseason

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Word is that Doug didn’t meet Lurie until after the presser.

What Doug’s guilty of here isn’t lying, it’s sucking at walking an ambiguous line. If you don’t believe me watch his presser again.

And FWIW.....some of Howies comments make be believe JJAW was not his pick.

I got that as well that was not the receiver he wanted

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other names are the Univ. of Washington; Mike Kafka; Joe Brady; Mike Caldwell; Marty Mornhinweg; Todd Monken. There are several others, but these look pretty good to me. I think Lurie wants to get an exciting guy though, so who knows yet?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are reports Groh and Walch are axed today. Hmm...

Eagles fire OC Mike Groh, WR coach Carson Walch

A pleasant and unexpected surprise today - I didn't think it was going to happen but now we can go after an experienced guy (Shurmur, Caldwell, Turner, etc)

See if Steve Smith is interested in coaching the receivers - convince him to come in and coach some swagger into the bunch we have on the roster.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say no....Mornhinweg and Shurmur. Ugh!
Kind of liking Monken or maybe Caldwell. I’d like Brady for WR coach.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What Doug’s guilty of here isn’t lying, it’s sucking at walking an ambiguous line. If you don’t believe me watch his presser again.

Why the Eagles drafted J.J. Arcega-Whiteside over DK Metcalf and other WRs

I didn't see that specifically, but it does look like they were looking at college production as an indicator of potential pro output. And apparently Metcalf failed his physical, so seeing this team's injury luck, he likely would have wound up on IR.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Kafka

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie mentioned more front office additions to come, I'm just as curious to see who that might be.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Eagles drafted J.J. Arcega-Whiteside over DK Metcalf and other WRs

I didn't see that specifically, but it does look like they were looking at college production as an indicator of potential pro output. And apparently Metcalf failed his physical, so seeing this team's injury luck, he likely would have wound up on IR.

I’m not sure I can see letting Howie talk me into him having no blame. It’s his office....at least someone there weighted Melcalf all wrong. And someone advanced JJAW. I think that’s the area being addressed with “new people coming in”

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Eagles considering at least two external candidates for offensive coordinator job

I am very intrigued by Caldwell for his clear record of effectiveness with QBs (and, holy shit, I never realized he actually had a winning record with the Lions). He would likely not have fresh ideas for offense himself, but who knows what others fresh ideas could inspire in him. Besides, maybe we find the fresh offensive ideas elsewhere, the impact for Wentz could be amazing.

O’Connell could be interesting too as the buzz is that he is an up and comer who could have innovative ideas, which this offense needs more of.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had a clue that Nate Gerry was playing any kind of hurt this year. I have to say....he got a tremendous amount of my ire at the start of year. He was running around lost out there. But he really did improve as the year went on to become serviceable at least.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had a clue that Nate Gerry was playing any kind of hurt this year. I have to say....he got a tremendous amount of my ire at the start of year. He was running around lost out there. But he really did improve as the year went on to become serviceable at least.

Him and TJ Edwards, I though both grew up a lot as the season was coming to the end.
I think they will move Edwards to the inside that way Gerry can take the outside and they could use his speed off the edge on blitzes more.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure I can see letting Howie talk me into him having no blame. It’s his office....at least someone there weighted Melcalf all wrong. And someone advanced JJAW. I think that’s the area being addressed with “new people coming in”

That's cause he's not going to come out and say it, Joe Douglas made this pick!
Joe didn't leave until June, I think this was pick and pushing the staff into believing in this kid.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and TJ Edwards, I though both grew up a lot as the season was coming to the end.
I think they will move Edwards to the inside that way Gerry can take the outside and they could use his speed off the edge on blitzes more.

I could see that. I heard Bradham not being back at his cap number next year for the first time yesterday. I’m fine with it if you can find a good MLB in FA. Otherwise, what else are you supposed to do but pay him?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that. I heard Bradham not being back at his cap number next year for the first time yesterday. I’m fine with it if you can find a good MLB in FA. Otherwise, what else are you supposed to do but pay him?

I know they have given Bradham every chance to produce on the field, but injuries and his sometime stupid mistakes off the field make him a big a reason to cut. You have two young guys up and coming, go draft another and let them grow up together.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just saw on Inquirer.com that there is an article about Lurie playing the blame game at Pederson's expense. I can't see it because I used all my "free views" for this month. To see it I would need to pay a subscription. Not doing that since I don't live in Philly and only care about sports news some local news will not apply to me.

I find it interesting though that an article like that was written. Lurie IMO has always been a behind the scenes guy by letting his staff make decision. He always tries to do what is best for the team and not get involved. He is no Jerry Jones that is for sure. He gave Chip "dumb fuck" Kelly full power and it was a bad decision mostly because he was just bad. Luring being more hands on IMO may have played a big part in getting a SB. He is not waiting when poor performances are the norm. Keeping Groh and Walch go would have been horrible decision. Lurie pretty much said to Pederson and everyone else on this staff. Do your job or be gone. Simple as that.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Eagles considering at least two external candidates for offensive coordinator job

I am very intrigued by Caldwell for his clear record of effectiveness with QBs (and, holy shit, I never realized he actually had a winning record with the Lions). He would likely not have fresh ideas for offense himself, but who knows what others fresh ideas could inspire in him. Besides, maybe we find the fresh offensive ideas elsewhere, the impact for Wentz could be amazing.

O’Connell could be interesting too as the buzz is that he is an up and comer who could have innovative ideas, which this offense needs more of.
Last 3 OC from the Skins have gone on and had success. McVey, Lafleur, and Shanahan. I'm not too familiar with O'Connell, but I will read up on him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82038259_10212970697182223_1208116915306758144_n.jpg
Just did this for fun on a piece of scrap paper.

This is only a FS and a DE short of a full starting defense.
Only 2 Guards and a Center away from a "starting" offense with a full stable of RBs and a backup QB.

Basically need to add at least one player at every single position everywhere on the team to fill these holes. Yikes.