• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOVED the eagles draft/offseason plan

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so of course most of the fan base hates it. LMAO! all that whining during last season.. SPEED, SPEED, WE NEED SPEED!! so the eagles take a burner with their first pick, and everyone gets mad they didn't take jefferson instead, who spent the year in the slot.

then the hurts pick was ABSOLUTELY needed at some point, and fans decide to go apeshit over it. almost 2 weeks later, most still have no clue why they took him. driscoll was a solid pick and tega was a fantastic pick for the 6th round. no real complaints with the rest.

-

the #1 bullshit pro-wentz complaint is he needs talent, mainly speed. they drafted reagor, hightower and watkins. they traded for goodwin. jackson is back. they drafted sanders and whiteside last year, goedert the year before. there's ertz. and now we have a speed changeup option in hurts who can come in and give some different looks, especially for the stagnant redzone offense when we refuse to run the ball. plenty of offensive talent (and variety now) spread around.

they keep feeding wentz pieces. this is the OPPOSITE of an elite QB. there is no excuse for wentz to come out this upcoming season and show inconsistency or the inability to dump significant points on the board game after game. despite the contract, you can tell the eagles are tired of waiting and they are on the final stages. wentz probably has 1-3 years to truly show something or else they'll find a way to dump him. only the truly delusional fans will still call him "elite" if he makes it to 31-32 years old with 0 playoff wins.

and that's why the hurts pick was so valuable and needed to be done. just based off wentz' injuries alone, they need a REAL backup/spot starter. you can't pay a guy like foles to do that, but you can't bring in guys like mccown either and expect them to do high damage. so not only can hurts be used as a weapon with wentz, but he can cover for him if (coughWHENcough) he's injured. and possibly, eventually take over for wentz when he fails to get the job done with this new speed setup.

there is NO REASON why eagles fans should be pissed or crying. they are doing exactly what is needed and wanted. a lot of the complaining is directed at the slow paced offense. they did a 180 this offseason to change that. if they took jefferson and a defensive player who didn't fit right in instead of hurts, then the whining would be on an epic level once again about the above mentioned speed.

despite phillygreen's continued fagatronics related to the defense.. it's almost always TOP 10 quality under schwartz. and it should be again this year. offense? ? ?#?32? ? @?@#R?Tf ? OFFENSE? no more excuses. no more agholor crying. no more too slow crying. no more weapon crying. lets just hope mr. glass shows up..

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went from really disliking the Jalen Hurts pick when it happened (it was just completely unexpected) to really liking it after all the pieces fell into place as the draft concluded. The biggest problem I had with it at the time is there was still talent left in Rd 2 at other positions of need like LB and Safety as well as receiver ... but as the draft went on we were still able to draft players at most of those positions at tremendous value in other rounds. For example we passed on Jeremy Chinn, a hard hitting Safety/LB hybrid which I had become pretty high on after watching a lot of tape, as well as Ashtyn Davis, but we ended up landing K'Von Wallace in Rd 4 who's not much of a drop off (if at all) and faced much better competition, so he's likely more pro ready. We passed on WR Denzel Mims, but again, we got value in 2 drafted speedsters (excellent value in Hightower and a flat out steal in Quez Watkins) plus Marquise Goodwin later. We passed on LB Willie Gay whom would have given you that speed and hitting ability we needed at LB, but then we landed a Willie Gay clone in Rd 3 with Davion Taylor.

Fact of the matter is that QB is simply the most important position on a football team and Jalen Hurts will end up helping us way more in the long run than anyone else we could have gotten at that point. Let's look at all those ways below:

1. The Eagles go for it on 4th down more than any other team in the league as well as 2nd to Steelers in 2 point conversion attempts. They now have a QB who can run a true RPO and will be a tremendous asset in those packages off the jump. Even if Hurts isn't ready to be a starting QB in 2020, he won't be simply a clipboard holder year one.

2. Carson has not been able on the field to finish any of the past 3 seasons and had an injury history in college as well. This is reality and even though the Eagles have faith in Carson "when healthy", they are not going to be caught unprepared if the trend continues. Even in 2020, if Carson goes down, the combination of Nate Sudfeld and Jalen Hurts gives you a much better chance to win games than "just" Nate Sudfeld.

3. The NFL is evolving constantly and the QB position towards a dual threat. The Eagles see Hurts as a player they can mold to fit the landscape of where the NFL will be at QB a few years down the line while not having to throw him into the fire at the present time. It's an investment in the most important position on the field. People would have been fine if we took him in Rd 3 or 4, but the fact is that Hurts would not have been available past the early 3rd. It's come out after the draft that quite a few teams after the Eagles picked had their eye on Hurts.

4. Potential Draft Swap. Lets say 2 years down the line Hurts has looked good in spot duty (preseasons included) and Wentz shows that he can stay healthy. Now, you have a potential situation in the 2023 draft where you can flip Hurts for a top 10-15 pick. 2 seasons in the books of pro experience, camps and preseason where he's now ready to step in as a starter somewhere.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you, cuntt.

I read your title, but not the rest of your drivel.

You should like the Eagles offseason. It was incredible.

Now Fuck off.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went from really disliking the Jalen Hurts pick when it happened (it was just completely unexpected) to really liking it after all the pieces fell into place as the draft concluded. The biggest problem I had with it at the time is there was still talent left in Rd 2 at other positions of need like LB and Safety as well as receiver ... but as the draft went on we were still able to draft players at most of those positions at tremendous value in other rounds. For example we passed on Jeremy Chinn, a hard hitting Safety/LB hybrid which I had become pretty high on after watching a lot of tape, as well as Ashtyn Davis, but we ended up landing K'Von Wallace in Rd 4 who's not much of a drop off (if at all) and faced much better competition, so he's likely more pro ready. We passed on WR Denzel Mims, but again, we got value in 2 drafted speedsters (excellent value in Hightower and a flat out steal in Quez Watkins) plus Marquise Goodwin later. We passed on LB Willie Gay whom would have given you that speed and hitting ability we needed at LB, but then we landed a Willie Gay clone in Rd 3 with Davion Taylor.

Fact of the matter is that QB is simply the most important position on a football team and Jalen Hurts will end up helping us way more in the long run than anyone else we could have gotten at that point. Let's look at all those ways below:

1. The Eagles go for it on 4th down more than any other team in the league as well as 2nd to Steelers in 2 point conversion attempts. They now have a QB who can run a true RPO and will be a tremendous asset in those packages off the jump. Even if Hurts isn't ready to be a starting QB in 2020, he won't be simply a clipboard holder year one.

2. Carson has not been able on the field to finish any of the past 3 seasons and had an injury history in college as well. This is reality and even though the Eagles have faith in Carson "when healthy", they are not going to be caught unprepared if the trend continues. Even in 2020, if Carson goes down, the combination of Nate Sudfeld and Jalen Hurts gives you a much better chance to win games than "just" Nate Sudfeld.

3. The NFL is evolving constantly and the QB position towards a dual threat. The Eagles see Hurts as a player they can mold to fit the landscape of where the NFL will be at QB a few years down the line while not having to throw him into the fire at the present time. It's an investment in the most important position on the field. People would have been fine if we took him in Rd 3 or 4, but the fact is that Hurts would not have been available past the early 3rd. It's come out after the draft that quite a few teams after the Eagles picked had their eye on Hurts.

4. Potential Draft Swap. Lets say 2 years down the line Hurts has looked good in spot duty (preseasons included) and Wentz shows that he can stay healthy. Now, you have a potential situation in the 2023 draft where you can flip Hurts for a top 10-15 pick. 2 seasons in the books of pro experience, camps and preseason where he's now ready to step in as a starter somewhere.
Like you, I am coming around to understand what the Eagles did and while not in total agreement I see the logic in the Hurts pick and truly like the Wr’s and OL picks. Wallace was a steal. My trepidation is with the LB selections but time will tell if they have talent.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you, I am coming around to understand what the Eagles did and while not in total agreement I see the logic in the Hurts pick and truly like the Wr’s and OL picks. Wallace was a steal. My trepidation is with the LB selections but time will tell if they have talent.
Assuming that the wide receivers, that they took this year, pan out, then next year, they can concentrate on the defense because there shouldn't be very many offensive holes to fill, unless Dillard ends up being a bust.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand that they needed to add another QB because Wentz gets hurt so often, but I didn't like the Hurts pick at all. I just don't like the player. I hope I am wrong and he develops into a good backup though.

They are certainly overhauling the WR position with tons of speed. We will have to see who develops out of this group. I expect Alshon to either be cut or go on IR to start the year. I think JJAW is going to have to really step up or risk being cut.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of my opinion on this or past drafts I still don’t trust Howie.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of my opinion on this or past drafts I still don’t trust Howie.
Enjoy the ring he got you though. He hired Doug, he drafted Carson, he signed Nick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the Hurts pick at all. I just don't like the player. I hope I am wrong and he develops into a good backup though.

I think he's a faster Dak Prescott ... if you watch the college tape they play very similarly with similar size and arm. A lot of what makes Dak a good QB is his dual threat ability despite running a 4.79 40 ... Hurts is a better play maker as a runner imo (4.59 speed).

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that the wide receivers, that they took this year, pan out, then next year, they can concentrate on the defense because there shouldn't be very many offensive holes to fill, unless Dillard ends up being a bust.

Very true. The entire offense should be set for the next few years. Young and explosive with a franchise QB with a very capable backup. As pissed off as I was at the beginning. I get it. Not much to complain about as we are very lucky to be in the position that we are in. Plus it will be really interesting watching Hurts in the preseason....assuming we have one. So pumped to get this season going. Can’t wait to see the new guys

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in seeing how well Shaun Bradley p[lays. He could be an exciting LB'er. Wish the OTA's were going on! :gaah:

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in seeing how well Shaun Bradley p[lays. He could be an exciting LB'er. Wish the OTA's were going on! :gaah:
Since you are "old" and since you are also a Sixers fan, I'm sure that you remember the Sixers Shaun Bradley.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so of course most of the fan base hates it. LMAO! all that whining during last season.. SPEED, SPEED, WE NEED SPEED!! so the eagles take a burner with their first pick, and everyone gets mad they didn't take jefferson instead, who spent the year in the slot.

then the hurts pick was ABSOLUTELY needed at some point, and fans decide to go apeshit over it. almost 2 weeks later, most still have no clue why they took him. driscoll was a solid pick and tega was a fantastic pick for the 6th round. no real complaints with the rest.

-

the #1 bullshit pro-wentz complaint is he needs talent, mainly speed. they drafted reagor, hightower and watkins. they traded for goodwin. jackson is back. they drafted sanders and whiteside last year, goedert the year before. there's ertz. and now we have a speed changeup option in hurts who can come in and give some different looks, especially for the stagnant redzone offense when we refuse to run the ball. plenty of offensive talent (and variety now) spread around.

they keep feeding wentz pieces. this is the OPPOSITE of an elite QB. there is no excuse for wentz to come out this upcoming season and show inconsistency or the inability to dump significant points on the board game after game. despite the contract, you can tell the eagles are tired of waiting and they are on the final stages. wentz probably has 1-3 years to truly show something or else they'll find a way to dump him. only the truly delusional fans will still call him "elite" if he makes it to 31-32 years old with 0 playoff wins.

and that's why the hurts pick was so valuable and needed to be done. just based off wentz' injuries alone, they need a REAL backup/spot starter. you can't pay a guy like foles to do that, but you can't bring in guys like mccown either and expect them to do high damage. so not only can hurts be used as a weapon with wentz, but he can cover for him if (coughWHENcough) he's injured. and possibly, eventually take over for wentz when he fails to get the job done with this new speed setup.

there is NO REASON why eagles fans should be pissed or crying. they are doing exactly what is needed and wanted. a lot of the complaining is directed at the slow paced offense. they did a 180 this offseason to change that. if they took jefferson and a defensive player who didn't fit right in instead of hurts, then the whining would be on an epic level once again about the above mentioned speed.

despite phillygreen's continued fagatronics related to the defense.. it's almost always TOP 10 quality under schwartz. and it should be again this year. offense? ? ?#?32? ? @?@#R?Tf ? OFFENSE? no more excuses. no more agholor crying. no more too slow crying. no more weapon crying. lets just hope mr. glass shows up..

You were so close to this being a half decent post... then you have to add your nonsense about the D being TOP 10 and make yourself look like a fool again.

I asked for FPA in the draft, and I think get got that, so I'm happy.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

spot on with the hurts view. there's so many angles to his pick that help the team overall now and in the future that it definitely will give us more in the long run than any other position. it had to be done at some point and i think hurts was a great choice to do it with.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you are "old" and since you are also a Sixers fan, I'm sure that you remember the Sixers Shaun Bradley.

I know. that's hilarious. this kid can really play, and with our current LB'ers not very good, I can see him starting by season's end.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. that's hilarious. this kid can really play, and with our current LB'ers not very good, I can see him starting by season's end.
That would be nice and it would mean that they have one less hole to fill next year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a faster Dak Prescott ... if you watch the college tape they play very similarly with similar size and arm. A lot of what makes Dak a good QB is his dual threat ability despite running a 4.79 40 ... Hurts is a better play maker as a runner imo (4.59 speed).
You're Drunk. If he's better than Dak, Wentz is headed to the bench

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're Drunk. If he's better than Dak, Wentz is headed to the bench

He's a comparable prospect to Dak coming out of Mississippi State ... but a faster, better play maker with his feet (thus a higher draft pick). I didn't say he's better than Dak "now" ... but I didn't think I had to.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, what did you expect from a perverted cowpuke troll? Besides, the media usually hypes the cowturds anyway. Just look at how many commercials Dak gets. Results are, they missed the playoffs again, and the Birds won with a 40 year old backup.

Reactions: Rey