• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Eagles Offseason

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished up the draft. This has been going for over a month. Don't pay too much attention to the money, it's just a free agent bidding exercise to get it close (and it works pretty well). It helps show how they were valued by the rest of the league. CBs were crazy expensive and I couldn't win the 25M+ bids for the top CBs. I moved Maddox to safety and I could really never grab another. Tried to bid on a few and the draft doesn't have many options. If I had to do it over again I'd probably resign McLeod.

I started with 44 million in cap space and made a few adjustment from there, cutting Bradham etc.

I really wanted speed and Dline (very happy to see Howie thinking the same thing off the bat, but that's another topic). So here we go.

Free agency
Added Eli Apple, CB for 12M
Added Michael Pierce, DT for 11M
Added Robert Quinn, DE for 10M
Added Breshad Perriman, WR for 8M
Added Case Keenum, QB for 4M
Added Marquis Goodwin, WR for 2.2M
Added Jalen Mills, CB for 2.2M
Added Jordan Howard, RB 2M
Added Robert Foster, WR for 1M
Added Jonotthan Harrison, C for 1M

Going into the draft I still wanted WR, DL, and CB even though I addressed them in FA. I wasn't going to end up short of depth like this team did last season. So I got super deep where I needed depth.

Drafted
1. Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
Raw, Big and can develop behind the vets. Excellent depth at DT now.

2. Cam Dantzler, CB, Miss St.
Covers number 1s in the SEC and does it well. Has size and confidence. He's like a better Jalen Mills.

3. Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF
Big and can run, still raw yet already productive. Think he's being a bit overlooked.

3. Shyheim Carter, S/CB, Alabama
Deep guy, maybe a bit of a reach, but not a lot of guys can play centerfield and I needed a body that can make plays on the ball.

4. Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado
Speed, super athlete and maybe even a big safety if need be. Chess piece for the D to develop. Speed!

4. Shaq Quarterman, LB, Miami
Short MLB that can thump and play like a bad ass. Comfortable running the D. Good depth for us.

4. Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina St.
Depth after losing Peters and Vaitai, always good to add young Olinemen.

5. L'Jarius Sneed, CB/S/KR, Louisiana Tech
Speed. Dude can fly and maybe even play safety. Worst he's ST or a long CB to develop. Speed.

5. Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona St.
Nice RB that I think is underrated. Does a lot of things well and can get what's given as well as make elusive cuts in the hole.

6. Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss
Speed. Long speed, productive. I see running deep from the slot and developing from there. Might have trouble getting off the line in the pros, but speed! 4.37 forty.

For a depth chart that looks something like this:

QB- Wentz - Keenum - Lauletta
RB- Sanders - Howard - Scott - Benjamin - Holyfield
TE- Ertz - Goedert - Perkins - Ellis
WR- Desean - Goodwin - Foster - Gibson
WR- Perriman - Davis - Alshon - Cracraft
WR- Ward - Whiteside - Watkins - Burnett
LT- Dillard - Taylor
LG- Seumalo - Pryor - Opeta
OC- Kelce - Harrison
RG- Brooks - Herbig
RT- Johnson - Mailata

RE- Quinn - Sweat - Miller
DT- Cox - Blacklock - Hector
DT- Pierce - Malik Jackson - Huggins
LE- Graham - Barnett - Hall
LB- Gerry - Riley - Singleton
LB- Edwards - Quarterman
LB- Avery - Taylor
CB- Apple - Douglas - Sneed
CB- Mills - Dantzler - Williams
CB- Jones - Leblanc - James - Smith
S- Maddox - Carter - Epps
S- Jenkins - Ford
KPL- Elliott - Johnston - Lovato

What do you guys think?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just signed Hargrave from the Steelers, so no, we won't draft another one, at lest not early. We need to draft more than 1 WR.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't sure what thread to post this on, but I had mixed feelings on the Hargraves signing. The more I thought about it the more I love it. Granted, it's a ton of money invested in the middle interior. Cox and Hargraves are going to really going to create havoc on opposing offensive lines. Hopefully they can stay healthy and get a healthy Malik Jackson. I really wanted Byron Jones, but no way could we outbid the Dolphins. On another note, do you think Brendan Graham could be possible trade bait during the draft? I think Howie has his sights on moving up to get his top WR. I can also see a scenario where the Birds make a trade for Slay. Thoughts?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just signed Hargrave from the Steelers, so no, we won't draft another one, at lest not early. We need to draft more than 1 WR.

Old duke I added FIVE wide receivers!

Perriman
Davis
Goodwin
Foster
Quez

They're all fast. They all can catch. They were all good value.

Goodwin is one of the fastest players in the league, but can't stay healthy. That's why I added so many. You never know how many are going to make it all 16 games.

At Dline, the Eagles already added Ridgeway and Hargrave so they've added two DTs already. I'm happy with that at the position. I want to be at least 4 deep and be able to handle the injuries we will have during the season. We need to find our next Fletcher Cox soon though. I'll add that Hargrave went for 15M in this thing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't sure what thread to post this on, but I had mixed feelings on the Hargraves signing. The more I thought about it the more I love it. Granted, it's a ton of money invested in the middle interior. Cox and Hargraves are going to really going to create havoc on opposing offensive lines. Hopefully they can stay healthy and get a healthy Malik Jackson. I really wanted Byron Jones, but no way could we outbid the Dolphins. On another note, do you think Brendan Graham could be possible trade bait during the draft? I think Howie has his sights on moving up to get his top WR. I can also see a scenario where the Birds make a trade for Slay. Thoughts?

DL is the best place to spend your money. It's also hard to draft impact players down there because it's a man's game in the trenches and these college kids take years to develop.

They should add some DE help next. Strengthen the whole position. What the heck is that Penn State kid from last year going to turn into?

I do think Howie would be willing to mix it up and trade older players for youth, but the deal has to be right. If you move Graham that is a huge hole to fill.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the few things that have already happened make the DT stuff moot.

Other than that I really like this exercise and can’t poke much for holes. I like Keenum as a backup and I’m in total agreement on Gabriel Davis as I’ve watched him a bunch locally. I think his for is absolutely Perriman, who has come up the same way he has.

Was this some game or program you used to do this?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the few things that have already happened make the DT stuff moot.

Other than that I really like this exercise and can’t poke much for holes. I like Keenum as a backup and I’m in total agreement on Gabriel Davis as I’ve watched him a bunch locally. I think his for is absolutely Perriman, who has come up the same way he has.

Was this some game or program you used to do this?
Other live GMs running their teams. FA is an auction.

I think the DT stuff just shows Howie is thinking along the same lines I am. If I could have landed Hargrave I probably wouldn't have gone Blacklock, but still think he has the right size and traits to be good value there.