• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty MBBRL... Do we dare?

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get this started, forgive me if I'm stepping on anyone's toes that brought this up before. I'd like to do a 12 team league with MBBRL members first, keeper league. Comment below if you'd like to be in. I will outline a few rules that I expect but can be modified by the 12 members before the draft.

1). Membership will be allowed to MBBRL members first
2). Standard QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, Def, K and 6 bench
3). Can keep up to 4 keepers, if you keep player you give up draft pick in 1st round for 1st player kept, etc.
4). No limit to how many seasons player can be kept
5). No cash league

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in. But tk, i tried this already they dont want to do it this season.

Just wondering what is your thoughts of this scoring format.

1 point per reception

.33 points per rushing attempt

.2 points per completion

Rest is standard.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points seem fine, I'm more concerned just getting 12 people that want to do this and then spend a few days voting on rules

Owners In:
Milk
TK

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think it's too hard when most of us are in multiple leagues to iron out a few rules, it doesn't take a year to put a league together

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3). Can keep up to 4 keepers, if you keep player you give up draft pick in 1st round for 1st player kept, etc.

IMO, this is the worst kind of keeper league. It's like the one I'm in now, and I don't like it. A keeper league and a dynasty league are two different animals.

A league with rules like drafted him in the 15th, keep him in the 15th kind of thing would be the only way to get me interested in just a keeper league.

But dynasty would be my choice. And since I'm in no Auction Leagues, that's what I'd be looking for... but I do not want to start it up in a rush, and like others have said, a dynasty would have to attract the dedicated of the dedicated...and that's not being flung together (especially if all MBBRL members aren't interested...which seems to be the case)

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'm not looking for a league draft him in the 15th, give up 15th

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple way to solve that is by auction draft like you mentioned, love this format as it makes all drafts interesting (to me) more than snake

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll weigh in with my thoughts on the whole thing..and if this doesn't jive with most who are interested, may I suggest that you call it the "SportsHoopla Dynasty League" instead of the MBBRL. The MBBRL already has a set of rules and deviating from them isn't really what the MBBRl is about.

First and foremost, the team ownership..a dynasty, as it should be, is designed for a long haul, there CANNOT be excessive turnover if we do this, and hopefully none at all. We can't have people who disappear, abandon their team, or might beat risk of getting the "Hammer". NO one wants to take over a team in a dynasty format that they didn't have a hand in building, and finding a suitable replacement could be a nightmare.

So my proposal here would be that all owners must be nominated/seconded by at least three founding MBBRL members. (Will, Lefty, Joe, TKO, Sam, Fuzzy, Ram, Foot, Duff, Dub, and myself, forgive me if I left anyone out). Bear in mind, we don't care about how good we think you are at the hobby, just that you enjoy it, and enjoy sharing your thoughts on the board. Owners would have to be active on the SportsHoopla boards. Leaving or getting banned from SportsHoopla results in team forfeiture. I would suggest that we start with a goal of 12 teams, but depending on interest and amount of quality prospects, we should go into it being flexible knowing that settling with ten teams is a possibility.

Secondly, we'd have to pick the commish from that pool of approved owners. I have no doubts Micro will have no issues with the nominations and has already expressed a willingness. If this gets of the ground, he's probably my first choice

Next if we are going to put the "MBBRL" name to this thing, it has to follow the same rules, as close as possible. Obviously many rules pertaining to the roster would HAVE to be different. But scoring, roster size, starting spots, etc, should all be the same. Especially scoring.

As to keepers, my understanding of "Dynasty" is that every one is kept year to year in perpetuity. the only difference being the rookie draft, someone will have to get dropped in order to make room for the incoming rookies. We'd have to come together on the length of that draft, and what happens to the players who are dropped to accommodate those rookies. Do they instantly become free agent..as in even during the draft they can be picked up? or do they go on waivers to be decided later that week?

And no, no auction draft, referring back to keeping in step with the already established MBBRL rules/setup.

Those are just my thoughts, and how I'd like to see the start of a foundation to this thing. Obviously there will be differing opinions, and thats what we're here to discuss, but, putting the MBBRL name onto the league comes with certain expectations, which really aren't up for negotiation, IMHO

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any room, id love 2 join

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll weigh in with my thoughts on the whole thing..and if this doesn't jive with most who are interested, may I suggest that you call it the "SportsHoopla Dynasty League" instead of the MBBRL. The MBBRL already has a set of rules and deviating from them isn't really what the MBBRl is about.

First and foremost, the team ownership..a dynasty, as it should be, is designed for a long haul, there CANNOT be excessive turnover if we do this, and hopefully none at all. We can't have people who disappear, abandon their team, or might beat risk of getting the "Hammer". NO one wants to take over a team in a dynasty format that they didn't have a hand in building, and finding a suitable replacement could be a nightmare.

So my proposal here would be that all owners must be nominated/seconded by at least three founding MBBRL members. (Will, Lefty, Joe, TKO, Sam, Fuzzy, Ram, Foot, Duff, Dub, and myself, forgive me if I left anyone out). Bear in mind, we don't care about how good we think you are at the hobby, just that you enjoy it, and enjoy sharing your thoughts on the board. Owners would have to be active on the SportsHoopla boards. Leaving or getting banned from SportsHoopla results in team forfeiture. I would suggest that we start with a goal of 12 teams, but depending on interest and amount of quality prospects, we should go into it being flexible knowing that settling with ten teams is a possibility.

Secondly, we'd have to pick the commish from that pool of approved owners. I have no doubts Micro will have no issues with the nominations and has already expressed a willingness. If this gets of the ground, he's probably my first choice

Next if we are going to put the "MBBRL" name to this thing, it has to follow the same rules, as close as possible. Obviously many rules pertaining to the roster would HAVE to be different. But scoring, roster size, starting spots, etc, should all be the same. Especially scoring.

As to keepers, my understanding of "Dynasty" is that every one is kept year to year in perpetuity. the only difference being the rookie draft, someone will have to get dropped in order to make room for the incoming rookies. We'd have to come together on the length of that draft, and what happens to the players who are dropped to accommodate those rookies. Do they instantly become free agent..as in even during the draft they can be picked up? or do they go on waivers to be decided later that week?

And no, no auction draft, referring back to keeping in step with the already established MBBRL rules/setup.

Those are just my thoughts, and how I'd like to see the start of a foundation to this thing. Obviously there will be differing opinions, and thats what we're here to discuss, but, putting the MBBRL name onto the league comes with certain expectations, which really aren't up for negotiation, IMHO

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: and thats the limit of Claps allowed

P E R F E C T Treff

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any room, id love 2 join

I think we're trying to get the groundwork laid for next year Ram.. but as an original MBBRL, I think it's safe to say you'd be at the top of prospective owners when we get to that point.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely a no go if it has to be this year - and I didn't join up with the original guys until the last 2 years or so at CBS anyway.

Next year, would be interested. I was supposed to drop 1 of my money leagues from last year (wife's rules, and I enjoy someone ELSE playing with my giblets besides myself, from time to time, so I try to follow as many of her rules as possible) and I dropped 1, and another was disbanding. Being the busy bee that I am, I quickly joined another league with my cousin's friends, and the league that I thought was disbanding, reunited.

Long story, sorry, but there's no way I could add another free league in on top of my other leagues this year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're trying to get the groundwork laid for next year Ram.. but as an original MBBRL, I think it's safe to say you'd be at the top of prospective owners when we get to that point.

:agree:

I'd say that would be a smart plan. To attempt something like that at this late date will probably end up like a previous endeavor we attempted too late last year - failure. ....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in assuming im nominated or whatever is what i meant