• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty MBBRL... Do we dare?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought we were planning this for next year................I'm too busy for another league this year.

That's probably the best plan in all honesty. YOu don't want to just throw a dynasty together at the last minute. That'd give everyone involved time to weed out the bad ideas, and the decide on a real format, with real rules, and real owners

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably the best plan in all honesty. YOu don't want to just throw a dynasty together at the last minute. That'd give everyone involved time to weed out the bad ideas, and the decide on a real format, with real rules, and real owners

why you being a party pooper...

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft, we're one game into the preseason. Plenty of time to get everything figured out.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with waiting until next year is that we would have to wait for next year just to talk about this again, and then best case scenario is that we do it next year... More likely we will say once again lets do it next year... we need someone to push it... I am willing to push it, but i want to do it now...

If you want to do this then we should do it now...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with waiting until next year is that we would have to wait for next year just to talk about this again, and then best case scenario is that we do it next year... More likely we will say once again lets do it next year... we need someone to push it... I am willing to push it, but i want to do it now...

The problem is, and nothing against some of the guys that have expressed interest, but this dynasty keeper that Foot initially mentioned should be filled with original MBBRL members and b-leaguers. Reason being is that all of these owners have been together for years going back to CBS. If we start to add new members without having the chance to add the originators, it kinda takes away from the name of the league and original concept. Does that make sense?

Again, not trying to say the guys expressing interest wouldn't do well or stay, but there's no guarantee. With the original members, nobody is really going anywhere. And that's what would make the dynasty league a lot of fun IMO. And I may not even be added to this dynasty league if enough of the original guys want spots.

But I just think with respect to the MBBRL name, this doesn't get started until everyone has had a chance to chime in. I tried getting more of the ball rolling but it doesn't seem like many are responding in time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, and nothing against some of the guys that have expressed interest, but this dynasty keeper that Foot initially mentioned should be filled with original MBBRL members and b-leaguers. Reason being is that all of these owners have been together for years going back to CBS. If we start to add new members without having the chance to add the originators, it kinda takes away from the name of the league and original concept. Does that make sense?

Again, not trying to say the guys expressing interest wouldn't do well or stay, but there's no guarantee. With the original members, nobody is really going anywhere. And that's what would make the dynasty league a lot of fun IMO. And I may not even be added to this dynasty league if enough of the original guys want spots.

But I just think with respect to the MBBRL name, this doesn't get started until everyone has had a chance to chime in. I tried getting more of the ball rolling but it doesn't seem like many are responding in time.

2 things...
1. Why does this league have to be MBBRL- we just got fannnation people why cant they join??

2. Even the B league MBBRL had inactive owners, the key is that they cant rejoin the next year... And a good dynasty would need rules for turnover of owners and even expansion...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so far only okiehokie has shown interest who is not part of some kind of MBBRL community...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily.

The discussion would be ongoing. I can tell you from experience that it is difficult to put together a quality re-draft league in a couple weeks when you need to vote on rules, etc.

For a dynasty league, this process is infinitely more complicated and if the league constitution is not well thought out, you may have a difficult time retaining owners. Replacing dynasty league owners is a pain, because generally the guys leaving have crappy teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all means though, do it if you can make it work, and good luck!

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be for it if there's no IDP, otherwise I'd be out

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're right. Let's put this on hold.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I would say put it on hold for a year, but keep the thread alive. Get a number of people to discuss it and come up with the rules we will use, if someone is not going to discuss the rules they would probably be a deadbeat team anyways.

1 how many teams....... one or two leagues.

2 how many players per team

3 what is the starting lineup

4 how many keepers

5 what is the scoring

6 what to do about dead teams or owners who are not coming back

just some of the rules we would need to decide.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I would say put it on hold for a year, but keep the thread alive. Get a number of people to discuss it and come up with the rules we will use, if someone is not going to discuss the rules they would probably be a deadbeat team anyways.

1 how many teams....... one or two leagues.

2 how many players per team

3 what is the starting lineup

4 how many keepers

5 what is the scoring

6 what to do about dead teams or owners who are not coming back

just some of the rules we would need to decide.

apparently i dont have a vote since it looks like we wont get 10 players... But I strongly disagree with you guys about waiting till next year... If you want to do it, we should do it... it is that easy... otherwise we may never do it... Lets not be the NY mets and always look to Next season... I am still pushing for this season... But it really doesnt matter, if we dont get the people we cand do it...

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you decided on IDP or not?

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys decide to go forward I'd be very interested in joining even though I'm not part of the MBBRL.

I came over from CBS but I'm not big poster. However I'm an active owner and this would be my first dynasty league, which is why my interest is high. I also want in with a group of heavy fanatics who wont quit.

I'm in the Hoop league as of now and if this league doesn't kick off I'd be game for joining another if anyone needs slots filled.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, doesn't look like I can private message you on here, can you message me your email?