• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy. Shit.
It was a bad decision for sure. While I am not defending him in any way people need to realize that you cant put your hands on someone else, this goes for both men and women. It is not ok to put your hands on someone because there are consequences. He reacted in a terrible way and this will likely stay with him for the rest of his life costing him more money and opportunities than most people will make in their lives.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bad decision for sure. While I am not defending him in any way people need to realize that you cant put your hands on someone else, this goes for both men and women. It is not ok to put your hands on someone because there are consequences. He reacted in a terrible way and this will likely stay with him for the rest of his life costing him more money and opportunities than most people will make in their lives.

Actually, in this context, you are at least making excuses for, if not actually defending him.

Disgusting, reprehensible act of an animal. Not only did he get off with a slap on the wrist, he is still poised to make more money and still has more opportunity than most people will ever have in their lives.

So please, cut the bullshit.

"It was a bad decision for sure". Lol, if it were your mother or daughter or wife he hit, I'm betting you might feel a bit more strongly on the matter.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, in this context, you are at least making excuses for, if not actually defending him.

Disgusting, reprehensible act of an animal. Not only did he get off with a slap on the wrist, he is still poised to make more money and still has more opportunity than most people will ever have in their lives.

"It was a bad decision for sure". Lol, if it were your mother or daughter or wife he hit, I'm betting you might feel a bit more strongly on the matter.
I feel plenty of disgust towards it. It was a terrible act that he committed. However if he walked away nothing is ever said again about the event which I feel is wrong as well. She put her hands on him which shouldn't happen either.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I said it wrong. All I was trying to convey is they both made decisions/actions that contributed to that awful situation and both are in the wrong. Granted he went way over the top with his. Yes he also got a slap on the wrist which is a joke.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll just say this, cutting the bullshit and everything

I don't care if a kid is destined to be a janitor, carnival ride operator, doctor, lawyer, or HOF NFL RB, everyone, so long as they haven't intentionally killed someone, deserves one shot to prove the stupid shit they do between adolescence and 23-25, is not who they are as human being. That does not mean I don't think they need to pay consequences, and must prove themselves worthy of that chance, but I just can't write off someone becuase of one incident as an 18 year old. In his case, every report is that through the community service, counseling/therapy/anger management..he's proven worthy of receiving that chance. No idea what a first time assault charge brings in that state, or if what he received is in line with others or if he got preferential treatment being a star athlete. But most first time offenders don't receive much more than probation and community service, so I can't say what a slap in the wrist would be, or what the proper punishment should have been, but it does sure seem as though he got off easy. To me there should have been some jail time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel plenty of disgust towards it. It was a terrible act that he committed. However if he walked away nothing is ever said again about the event which I feel is wrong as well. She put her hands on him which shouldn't happen either.

I agree... I don't mind that he laid hands on her back... The problem is that he punched her... and punched her hard... I would have had no problem if he just pushed her, even if she fell... but that punch was definitely over-kill...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower @Yellow Fuzzies , @obxyankeefan, @Barilko , @The Foot , @Bandit , @Chef99 , @HaroldSeattle, @Ram Tough , @MilkSpiller22 , @broncosmitty, @TKOSpikes , @Trudem, @SteelersPride

D2 is discussing it, we probably should to.

Draft day

NFL draft is over Saturday April 29th, or draft will be slow, here on the Hoop, so there's no reason we can't start it the next day on Sunday or Monday to allow plenty of time for pre draft trading to get worked out. However, I have no problems with whomever owns pick#1 at the time, making it whenever he likes. I.E., is SP wants to make picks 1 & 2 official, he can do it right now for all I care. But the official "on the clock" won't start until Sunday or Monday, whichever is decided.

Our draft is "drop/draft" format, just like last year. If trades or preemptive drops have you below 18 players, you can simply draft until you get to 18,but once you have 18, a player must be dropped to draft a new one. Players dropped during the draft are immediately available in the draft. You can skip your pick, you do not have to use your entire allotment if picks, but if you skip a pick, it is gone, you cannot draft again until your next pick is on the clock
Draft is open to rookies and all players available on the wire.

Owners will have a 12 hour clock, not including the hours of 10pm est to 6am est...under normal circumstances, there's no reason anyone can't make a pick from 6am to 8pm that evening, but I'm not gonna count sleep time against anyone. If the window expires, the next pick is on the clock and the owner who missed their window can make their pick at any time.
If something comes up, or is already planned, where you know you won't be available, just speak up, we'll hit pause on the draft. But if nothing is said ahead of time, the click will continue to tick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL draft is april 29th... I don't think we should do the draft until at least may 7th... I like having time to think about what happened in the NFL draft, to consider what to do in our draft...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL draft is april 29th... I don't think we should do the draft until at least may 7th... I like having time to think about what happened in the NFL draft, to consider what to do in our draft...
Well I'll surely leave that open to discussion, but I have a feeling you'll be a singular minority..most of us are chomping at the bit to go.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be good whenever...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am chomping at the bit but I dont see any harm in waiting a week honestly. However like you said I also dont care if SP makes his picks right now

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll surely leave that open to discussion, but I have a feeling you'll be a singular minority..most of us are chomping at the bit to go.

is that new??

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing to consider, if it matters, once the draft ends, rounds 1 and 2 will already be 48 hours old, so if we start on Monday, there will have been 4 days to think about it

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day we start makes no difference to me. I do think that giving a few days to look over possible trades wouldn't be a bad idea, especially for the guys that weren't active or on the boards during tradeapalooza a few weeks ago. I'm thinking either Wednesday the 3rd or Thursday the 4th would be good dates to start.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill be waiting on somebthings
it was more that I dont care when we start but you having 1 and 2 if you are set you can announce whenever. If you want to wait thats fine too

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the reasoning behind drafting so early?
I really don't know for certain..but my hunch says to increase the difficulty. The longer we wait, the more clear a rookie's role, or lack thereof, becomes. Some like it that way, others prefer the difficulty that comes with the somewhat unknown.. but, every dynasty I'm aware of, has their draft within a week or two of the NFL one..as did we last year, so just sticking with that as a guideline