• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, you guys are talking 'ifs' and 'buts'. Howard is 22 years old and has already shown what he can do on a not-so-good team (sorry, Joe). Plus, he's related to Moe and Curly. I shall hang onto him.
:stooges:
I like Howard. And I'm trying not to play the "homer" card.
But like I just posted to Foot on his other thread, there is a bit of caution with Howard imo:
Chicago was a hot mess of injuries. One reason Howard got the ball as much as he did was because he was literally the only healthy skill player. Just ask Cutler, Hoyer, Jeffery, White, Miller, Royal, Langford, Carey and Marquess Wilson.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stooges:
I like Howard. And I'm trying not to play the "homer" card.
But like I just posted to Foot on his other thread, there is a bit of caution with Howard imo:

And look what he did when he got the ball. Seriously, Joe, you don't think Fox wanted him all along to be his thumper? He fits Fox's coaching style to a T.

Um, Fox is still the coach, right? I haven't checked in awhile. ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox is still the coach.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget McCaffrey will be there at three. Fornette and cooks are clearly 1.1 and 1.2 but McCaffrey is in my opinion 1.3 then the drop begins. Just my opinion but I'm taking McCaffrey at three unless some amazing rookie show dominance in the pre season
Its Fournette/Cook..then about 8 guys or more, where they fit 3-11, will be dependant on where they land and team needs. Thus, no massive advantage at 3 vs 11 (or 14)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Fournette/Cook..then about 8 guys or more, where they fit 3-11, will be dependant on where they land and team needs. Thus, no massive advantage at 3 vs 11 (or 14)
Think McCaffrey will be the third RB taken in our rookie draft.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think McCaffrey will be the third RB taken in our rookie draft.
If Foot has the pick? Yeah pretty much. Anyone else? Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't unless he hits a jackpot landing spot. As things sit right now, pre combine, not knowing where anyone goes, there are 3 other RB'S right there with him, not to mention a few WR's.

Once the NFL draft happens, that'll likely change, might be more guys I would take over McCaffrey, he might be the obvious choice. But right now, I wouldn't throw in my 5.5 with my 1.10 to move up to 1.3 (well maybe my 5.5, but nothing more )

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this mostly. I think Mccaffrey will be good, but so much depends on who drafts him. He's a great pass catcher, but let's say New England drafts him, what kind of value is he actually going to have with White and Lewis already there as pass catching backs and Blount the goal line guy? That goes for Cook and Fournette too. There are some coaches that no matter what players they have will always prefer a committee approach to a workhorse back and there just aren't many guys that can put up starting running back fantasy points with 12 touches per game.

Now with that being said, draft positions are all about perceived values as you never really know the value that anybody actually had in their draft pick for several years down the road. It's all a guessing game. Once every 20 years you will find the perfect situation of last year in Ezekiel Elliott going to Dallas. You had the best offensive line in football looking for a running back and they just happened to be bad enough to have the 4th pick in the draft and he had no competition for carries at all with McFadden getting hurt. No matter who drafts any of the backs this year, they will not be going to anything close to that same situation. As much as we all like to think this is all about skill, there's a lot of luck in hitting on draft picks, we see it every year in redraft leagues. Last year if you held the 5th pick in drafts, chances are you had to decide between Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, and Ezekiel Elliott (the A league excluded of course with Tlance taking him #1). Two of them most likely would have carried you to the fantasy playoffs, the other two most likely made you pull your hair out all freaking year. It's not the pick number you have that matters, it's the player that you pick with it that does. The talent difference between Leonard Fournette at #1 and Curtis Samuel at #6 isn't so great that you can say without a shadow of a doubt that Fournette will be a better pro than he will. It all depends on the situation. Last year in Washington is a perfect example. Before the season Keith Marshall was seen as the rookie to draft because he might take the job from Matt Jones. Marshall gets hurt, Robert Kelley makes the team as the backup and takes over the job in mid-season and does a helluva job. I found this article in google that is very interesting as it was written in June of last year before the season on fantasy football today.

Top 12 Impact Rookies for 2016

Jordan Howard isn't even in the top 12 and Chef won't trade him for Brandin Cooks, Paul Perkins (#5 on the list LOL) and the 3rd pick in the draft this year. Robert Kelley isn't even in the article. I'm just saying that there are a lot of running backs capable of being RB1's or RB2's that aren't necessarily at the top of everybody's lists before the season if the breaks go their way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foot has the pick? Yeah pretty much. Anyone else? Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't unless he hits a jackpot landing spot. As things sit right now, pre combine, not knowing where anyone goes, there are 3 other RB'S right there with him, not to mention a few WR's.

Once the NFL draft happens, that'll likely change, might be more guys I would take over McCaffrey, he might be the obvious choice. But right now, I wouldn't throw in my 5.5 with my 1.10 to move up to 1.3 (well maybe my 5.5, but nothing more )

Well draft choices are always a crap shoot, but I rather pick early then late. Not to say you can't hit on a gem late, just not as likely.

Screenshot%20-%202_6_2017%20%207_33_01%20PM.png

Last year the first three picks were solid and Trudem found a gem at pick 12.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ Nelson! That's my boy!

I always loved it when he yelled "Dynomite!"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, you guys are talking 'ifs' and 'buts'. Howard is 22 years old and has already shown what he can do on a not-so-good team (sorry, Joe). Plus, he's related to Moe and Curly. I shall hang onto him.
One thing about being on a not so good team is TDs. Howard only got 6, where RBs like D. Johnson 16, Zeke 15, Blount 18, heck L. Murray had 12.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this mostly. I think Mccaffrey will be good, but so much depends on who drafts him. He's a great pass catcher, but let's say New England drafts him, what kind of value is he actually going to have with White and Lewis already there as pass catching backs and Blount the goal line guy? That goes for Cook and Fournette too. There are some coaches that no matter what players they have will always prefer a committee approach to a workhorse back and there just aren't many guys that can put up starting running back fantasy points with 12 touches per game.

Now with that being said, draft positions are all about perceived values as you never really know the value that anybody actually had in their draft pick for several years down the road. It's all a guessing game. Once every 20 years you will find the perfect situation of last year in Ezekiel Elliott going to Dallas. You had the best offensive line in football looking for a running back and they just happened to be bad enough to have the 4th pick in the draft and he had no competition for carries at all with McFadden getting hurt. No matter who drafts any of the backs this year, they will not be going to anything close to that same situation. As much as we all like to think this is all about skill, there's a lot of luck in hitting on draft picks, we see it every year in redraft leagues. Last year if you held the 5th pick in drafts, chances are you had to decide between Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, and Ezekiel Elliott (the A league excluded of course with Tlance taking him #1). Two of them most likely would have carried you to the fantasy playoffs, the other two most likely made you pull your hair out all freaking year. It's not the pick number you have that matters, it's the player that you pick with it that does. The talent difference between Leonard Fournette at #1 and Curtis Samuel at #6 isn't so great that you can say without a shadow of a doubt that Fournette will be a better pro than he will. It all depends on the situation. Last year in Washington is a perfect example. Before the season Keith Marshall was seen as the rookie to draft because he might take the job from Matt Jones. Marshall gets hurt, Robert Kelley makes the team as the backup and takes over the job in mid-season and does a helluva job. I found this article in google that is very interesting as it was written in June of last year before the season on fantasy football today.

Jordan Howard isn't even in the top 12 and Chef won't trade him for Brandin Cooks, Paul Perkins (#5 on the list LOL) and the 3rd pick in the draft this year. Robert Kelley isn't even in the article. I'm just saying that there are a lot of running backs capable of being RB1's or RB2's that aren't necessarily at the top of everybody's lists before the season if the breaks go their way.

The article really is a perfect example of what crap shoots drafts and prospects are. And the dude traded for CJ Spiller. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about being on a not so good team is TDs. Howard only got 6, where RBs like D. Johnson 16, Zeke 15, Blount 18, heck L. Murray had 12.

True, but he's 22. He can wait for the team to get better.

And you sure made quite the bid for him. ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, and that's my point, as if right now, that 3rd RB could be anyone, including guys that won't go until the 3rd day, and it could be someone that most of us are missing or end up missing..so wether it's 3 or 14, makes little difference. Hopefully the combine and a landing spot or two clarifies a few things and that spot ends up more valuable. Bar's may have tripled in value on draft day last year

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he's 22. He can wait for the team to get better.

And you sure made quite the bid for him. ;)

Oh I like him, thinks he's good, but not AP in his prime good. My offers were for how I value him, thought they were decent offers . Was real disappointed, when you turned them down. :gaah:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I like him, thinks he's good, but not AP in his prime good. My offers were for how I value him, thought they were decent offers . Was real disappointed, when you turned them down. :gaah:

Lol, no one is AP in his prime good.

In any event, I guess we'll see in about 6 months or so. Time to put my baseball face on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well imessed up trading him, but i did take howard top 5 in last years rookie draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well imessed up trading him, but i did take howard top 5 in last years rookie draft

You traded DeMarco Murray and Howard for Matt Jones and Sanders, just think if you had never of made that trade.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting thought - guess you are seeing the same things we are - I think the early draft positions are being over-rated - thus why our offers to move up have been rather tame. But I can see the point; it's certainly nice to have earlier choices than later ones - even if you take a guy that you could have gotten later.