• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do not know. We need to poll the poll

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time for a poll?

Yes I think so but with a distant future deadline. as many haven't checked in

So the deadline should be...when?

1. Yes - topics (I think); number of rds, rookie/waiver, draft date.
2. I think most have checked in - and would be up for the vote.
3. Well, the NFL draft takes place the end of this month. Think many would like to do this something shortly thereafter. ..... but that's just my guess.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the rookie/ waiver question?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the rookie/ waiver question?

Whether or not all rds include 'veterans' on waivers, or just rookies, or some combination. .... again, I'm probably showing my dynasty ignorance. .....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not all rds include 'veterans' on waivers, or just rookies, or some combination. .... again, I'm probably showing my dynasty ignorance. .....

Good question.

Does May 6th sound like a good deadline date?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we've first got to determine the roster size., can't determine number if rounds in the draft until we know whether we have 18 or 20 spots.

Then we need a form answer on how many we're keeping. My interpretation of a dynasty is keeping everyone if you like. If the 18 on your roster are better in your opinion than anyone available in the draft, you don't have to drop anyone to draft someone, pretty simple. And if you currently have open spots, obviously your going to be drafting, but once the draft rounds are over (whether that's 3 or 5 doesn't matter), if you've still got open spots, you fill them in first come first serve waivers after the draft.

Then we also need confirmation that current free agents are available in the draft, or if it's strictly rookies.

Then we need a draft date set in stone, anytime after the end of April, Ap. 28th - NFL draft, 3 day event, anytime after May 1st

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we've first got to determine the roster size., can't determine number if rounds in the draft until we know whether we have 18 or 20 spots.

Then we need a form answer on how many we're keeping. My interpretation of a dynasty is keeping everyone if you like. If the 18 on your roster are better in your opinion than anyone available in the draft, you don't have to drop anyone to draft someone, pretty simple. And if you currently have open spots, obviously your going to be drafting, but once the draft rounds are over (whether that's 3 or 5 doesn't matter), if you've still got open spots, you fill them in first come first serve waivers after the draft.

Then we also need confirmation that current free agents are available in the draft, or if it's strictly rookies.

Then we need a draft date set in stone, anytime after the end of April, Ap. 28th - NFL draft, 3 day event, anytime after May 1st

IMHO, I was for larger rosters, im not now, stick with 18.

Draft can be anyone, rookies or FA IMHO........

I say you have to keep 13... making a 5 round draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't determine number if rounds in the draft until we know whether we have 18 or 20 spots.

Why is that? Seems to me roster size doesn't actually effect whether I want 3 rounds or 5 rounds. Obviously before you draft you need to know roster size. Chances are some teams that are loaded will only bother drafting one or two rounds, teams needing lots of help may choose to complete the draft.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? Seems to me roster size doesn't actually effect whether I want 3 rounds or 5 rounds. Obviously before you draft you need to know roster size. Chances are some teams that are loaded will only bother drafting one or two rounds, teams needing lots of help may choose to complete the draft.
I could be wrong but I thought somewhere we pre determined you couldn't keep your whole roster, you had to let 3-5 guys go

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I thought somewhere we pre determined you couldn't keep your whole roster, you had to let 3-5 guys go
That's right I believe, but you don't have to replace them with rookies if you don't want to, you can always pick up a vet off waivers.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions still seem to differ - - thus the need for votes on these matters. .... I'm for getting them out there soon rather than later.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we're adding 2 slots, that's 2 additional rounds, so it matters at least a little

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was predetermined that during the draft, you'd have to drop to add/draft, and we had assumed 3 rounds, so that was 15, but no one ever said you had to participate in the draft