• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a RB it's because Starks is 30 and the only other RB on roster not named Lacy is an undrafted FA. I just think they are hedging their bets vs wanting to share the load.

I think the poor offensive showing from last year will give them the kick in the pants needed to get going again. Well that and a healthy OL and Jordy!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a RB it's because Starks is 30 and the only other RB on roster not named Lacy is an undrafted FA. I just think they are hedging their bets vs wanting to share the load.

I think the poor offensive showing from last year will give them the kick in the pants needed to get going again. Well that and a healthy OL and Jordy!
Haven't they use the committee approach last few years? Seems like it to me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my whole team is new, i'll do a big deal....problem is theres like 3-4 of us wheeling, and not even responses from others

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my other dynasty league I just made a trade. I am light on RB and have Bridgewater as my QB, while being deep on IDP and WR.

I traded
Darren McFadden
C J Mosley
Khalid Mack
Eric Decker

For
Chris Ivory
Josh Norman
Kawann Short
Tony Romo

IMO the RBs are a wash, I lose on the IDP, and if Romo can stay healthy I win big on him over Decker.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas - have we come to a firm decision on how many rds the draft will be ?? Seen support for 3 - 5. Will each rd be rookies/waivers or rookie only ?? Just wondering if we need a vote or not. Also, consensus on number of keepers going into the draft (15 max seems to be the number I've seen most).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas - have we come to a firm decision on how many rds the draft will be ?? Seen support for 3 - 5. Will each rd be rookies/waivers or rookie only ?? Just wondering if we need a vote or not. Also, consensus on number of keepers going into the draft (15 max seems to be the number I've seen most).
Be nice to settle this, but are all team owners present yet?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my other dynasty league I just made a trade. I am light on RB and have Bridgewater as my QB, while being deep on IDP and WR.

I traded
Darren McFadden
C J Mosley
Khalid Mack
Eric Decker

For
Chris Ivory
Josh Norman
Kawann Short
Tony Romo

IMO the RBs are a wash, I lose on the IDP, and if Romo can stay healthy I win big on him over Decker.
My take-

In a dynasty especially, Ivory is quite a bit more valuable than DMC. Now with Alf around, and the high likelihood that Dallas takes a RB early (not to mention the question marks that DMC has always had), plus he's 30, it doesn't seem like a great situation. In Ivory's case, the Jags are obviously not impressed with Yeldon, you don't sign a "change of pace" RB to a 5 year deal otherwise. Ivory will be the breadwinner there.
I also think you lost out big time on the IDP side, Mack being a dynasty jewel for IDP, Norman being a big name who won't be putting up much statistically. Once a corner becomes feared like he is, they stop throwing at him. No INT's, no passes defended, very few tackles, very poor IDP option.

Mosley and Short, meh, whatever

And you also really lost out on Decker v Romo. Now given your situation with TeddyB, you did get a big improvement, but for how long? Romo is short in time, and is seemingly more and more fragile every year. I don't know how often you'll be able to enjoy the upgrade. And Decker is simply a rock solid stud at WR, all he does is score points every week. For WR not in that upper tier, that's somewhat rare.

In the words of Harry Doyle, "personally I think we got hosed on that deal. "

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Lefty

and I think we need to all keep the same amount

or if we don't than all extras picks need be done after we draft our 3 or 5 players(whatever we settle at)

Otherwise

Imagine a scenario where I keep 12 while everyone else keeps 15. I with the first pick could actually pick the first 4 rookies my 13th my 14 th my 15th. And finally my number one over all to start the draft with my 16 th player.

Or is it obvious. That in the same scenario we would all draft 3 or 5 (whatever we settle at). and then I would replace my 3 missing players only after the draft was complete

im pretty certain of the answer if we do keep different amount of players. But feel the obvious should be stated

Apologies if my post is potentially confusing

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Lefty

and I think we need to all keep the same amount

or if we don't than all extras picks need be done after we draft our 3 or 5 players(whatever we settle at)

Otherwise

Imagine a scenario where I keep 12 while everyone else keeps 15. I with the first pick could actually pick the first 4 rookies my 13th my 14 th my 15th. And finally my number one over all to start the draft with my 16 th player.

Or is it obvious. That in the same scenario we would all draft 3 or 5 (whatever we settle at). and then I would replace my 3 missing players only after the draft was complete

im pretty certain of the answer if we do keep different amount of players. But feel the obvious should be stated

Apologies if my post is potentially confusing

I believe it goes like this, you can drop players now, because you know who you are going to drop, or you can wait until your turn to pick comes up, then drop a player to make room for the pick you want to make. If you rather keep the 15 on your roster, you pass on drafting.:noidea:

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it goes like this, you can drop players now, because you know who you are going to drop, or you can wait until your turn to pick comes up, then drop a player to make room for the pick you want to make. If you rather keep the 15 on your roster, you pass on drafting.:noidea:
I would say exactly
Thus draft starts with pick 1 and follows suit until each respective team fills up

But we do need to set the roster max. Will it remain at 18. will it move to 19 or 20 and is there a roster minimum

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I bow to Harold and Steeler. by stating. "Sorry Chef you are no longer the trade king".

Cmon @Chef99 get to it