• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't trade my Rb for a wr, albeit a good one

That's fair, and I know it's the only thing that stopped you from accepting. Think I'll be thankful for Gio and sit the trade talks out until we're closer to the season.

It's an RB jungle out there!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an RB jungle out there!

Yes it is. Nobody is excited about this rookie draft, so adding a draft pick to a offer doesn't seem to help much. Been thinking that lots of teams are going to have hope they find a gem in this draft, so maybe once the NFL draft takes place, these draft picks will look a little more valuable.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. Nobody is excited about this rookie draft, so adding a draft pick to a offer doesn't seem to help much. Been thinking that lots of teams are going to have hope they find a gem in this draft, so maybe once the NFL draft takes place, these draft picks will look a little more valuable.
There are definitely a few RB's and WR's that would be much more appealing than their current draft status would initially have you think, if they find good homes. Plenty of teams with glaring needs, albeit some instances are strictly supporting roles, but still enough that they'd be desirable to us.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely!

Once we see a few guys who have a chance to get solid carries with the team that drafts them, things will change.

I know I'm not willing to part with the guys that look like they could/might be getting a lot of carries.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some guys I'm really hoping fall to the right teams.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose, the Rb was the deal breaker, I traded Hopkins to get him,

Understand -

Seriously send me some trades tonight I accept them when I wake up groggy

Ahh, so that was the error of our ways. .... still looking things over.

Absolutely!

Once we see a few guys who have a chance to get solid carries with the team that drafts them, things will change.

I know I'm not willing to part with the guys that look like they could/might be getting a lot of carries.

Our concern as well. As Chef said its a RB jungle. ..... and there do not appear to be any potentially 'great' WRs in this years class. .... yet opportunity may change that.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok @TREFF offer sent for my guy. Please don't laugh too hard. Hey gives ya pick 14 and 15.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok @TREFF offer sent for my guy. Please don't laugh too hard. Hey gives ya pick 14 and 15.
Aww yes, but what I want is pick 1 :)

Honestly though given the situation with MartyB, even though he's like the village bicycle this offseason, Hopkins ain't going nowhere unless I'm blown away. .Really blown away. I like Osweiler, and what he could mean for the Texans' passing attack, and Hopkins was on the verge of becoming elite with Hoyer, some might say he's already there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww yes, but what I want is pick 1 :)

Honestly though given the situation with MartyB, even though he's like the village bicycle this offseason, Hopkins ain't going nowhere unless I'm blown away. .Really blown away. I like Osweiler, and what he could mean for the Texans' passing attack, and Hopkins was on the verge of becoming elite with Hoyer, some might say he's already there.

I think he's elite already. Mmmm:scratch: should I have made another run at Rawls, when I had Hopkins?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand -

Ahh, so that was the error of our ways. .... still looking things over.

Our concern as well. As Chef said its a RB jungle. ..... and there do not appear to be any potentially 'great' WRs in this years class. .... yet opportunity may change that.
I thinks there's potential for a handful of "above average-great" WR's in this class. Treadwell, Fuller and Thomas all might be good, but I'm really interested to see where Charon Peake and Marquez North go, but even more so where Braxton Miller ends up and what they might have planned for him.

RB's though? It begins and ends with Elliot or Henry. Obviously someone is going to emerge from further down and end up being decent or better, but I'm not even sure that'll be foreseeable after we know where everyone will be drafted. It'll take injuries for most or all of the others to be given a shot.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's elite already. Mmmm:scratch: should I have made another run at Rawls, when I had Hopkins?
It wouldn't have been completely out of the question, no. I wouldn't have done a 1-1 deal, Rawls for Hopkins, but I would've considered it being the foundation of a deal, yes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't have been completely out of the question, no. I wouldn't have done a 1-1 deal, Rawls for Hopkins, but I would've considered it being the fountain of a deal, yes.
Damn! I really wanted to give it one more try. Should of, could of....:doh:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! I really wanted to give it one more try. Should of, could of....:doh:
Yep, should have ;)

I honestly wasnt really expecting you to go for Freeman, figured you'd counter with Rawls, and we'd go back and forth a bit..but I sure ain't complaining!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, should have ;)

I honestly wasnt really expecting you to go for Freeman, figured you'd counter with Rawls, and we'd go back and forth a bit..but I sure ain't complaining!
:sad2: I blame it on the RB jungle. While I was waiting for you to hear from Bar, I was getting slammed with rejections for a upgrade at RB. Freeman started sounding pretty good, and if you weren't willing to trade a RB, I had no good options to upgrade at RB.

Without looking can you tell me which WR was behind Hopkins for FF points from WRs? No spoilers from folks checking FF scoring.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Doug Baldwin. Not a flashy player, but one who has gotten better ever year and this is a contract year. I expect even better results.:hope:
Beside I can't beat myself up to bad for settling for a RB that was #1 in points scored in FF last year. He really tailed off in the second half, but still a outstanding year. Also the Falcons signed Mack at center, so hopefully the OL improves, which should help the offense both passing and running.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Doug Baldwin. Not a flashy player, but one who has gotten better ever year and this is a contract year. I expect even better results.:hope:
Beside I can't beat myself up to bad for settling for a RB that was #1 in points scored in FF last year. He really tailed off in the second half, but still a outstanding year. Also the Falcons signed Mack at center, so hopefully the OL improves, which should help the offense both passing and running.

No need to justify - not sure anyone here is second-guessing you - what's done is done - just like drafting - take 'em and hope. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope would've never guessed Baldwin..but hearing doesn't shock me, he and RW lit it up down the stretch!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to justify - not sure anyone here is second-guessing you - what's done is done - just like drafting - take 'em and hope. ....

Being a Seahawk homer, this is more to convince myself I did the right thing. I really wanted Rawls, seriously wanted Rawls. Most likely would have ended up seriously over paying for him, except Treff convinced me he wasn't going to trade him. :rolleyes2:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i seriously wanted Hopkins

i really wish our rules were locked in place before whealing and dealing

oh well

ya snooze ya loose....

i share your pain Harold as much as you want Rawls i wanted Hopkins...