• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke's 2022 Draft Predictions

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a panic move , hell you listen to dean and the excuses about whether anyone would come here or not illustrates his fear and panic and willingness to accept the company line and the propaganda spewed by these incompetent nit wits . CDC was a fear based move , mcnabb was fear based , RGME was fear based

Hell I was about to buy him a comfort blanket to keep him from shaking from shear panic his words showed .

“ no one would come “ he shrieked in terror
This article sums up my feelings on Wentz. Why in the world did we do this???

Why the Commanders are making a mistake with Carson Wentz​

A year ago, the Colts acquired Wentz holding the same belief he would be their long-term quarterback. Keep in mind, head coach Frank Reich had a strong preexisting relationship with the quarterback and both the Colts’ coaching staff and offense were better to help get the most out of a passer.
Before the 2021 season even concluded, Indianapolis realized it made a terrible mistake. The Colts, including Reich, became frustrated by Wentz’s inability to handle coaching and the coaching staff never saw improvement in his decision-making.

These are the very same issues the former No. 2 overall pick had in Philadelphia. He clashed with the coaching staff, refusing to take accountability at times and he often pushed back against criticism. It bothered teammates and culminated in the Eagles realizing he couldn’t be their franchise quarterback.
Just looking at the box score would indicate Wentz played fairly well in 2021. Keep in mind that he finished among the bottom 10 starting quarterbacks in bad throw rate (18.8%) and on-target rate (73.7%).
Wentz also didn’t perform well in crucial situations. While he posted a 102.1 passer rating in the first two quarters of games, per Pro Football Reference, it dropped to 89.7 in the second half of regular-season games. He also threw a majority of his interceptions in the fourth quarter and completed just 56.2% of his pass attempts on third downs.

The Commanders overpaid when they didn’t have to, and it seems to be the cost of doing business for them. However, the coaching staff and organization selling itself on Wentz as a long-term solution to years of quarterback woes is a mistake. He failed and burned bridges in far better circumstances. A team with far more turmoil isn’t going to result in better circumstances. They’ll likely have learned from their mistake by December.

This is a classic case of don't listen to what they say but watching what they do concerning Wince.

If they truly believed in Carson Wince wouldn't they have signed him to an extension that saved them cap space this year and locked him down in a manner equal to their (weak, false) publicly stated confidence?

Our friend and fellow poster @Dean often reminds us that "IF he fails" next year he can be released without zero G-money owed and nothing left on the books, cap-wise. Well, logically, if this public proclamation is truly reflective of the way they are viewing Wince, why hurt the team this year and keep him on the one-year deal that he has now? Their actions speak of an organization hoping for something that hasn't transpired to date while hedging their bets in the event that he is what he is. NOT exactly a vote of confidence in the player and an extremely idiotic attempt to sell the public on their words.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article sums up my feelings on Wentz. Why in the world did we do this???

Why the Commanders are making a mistake with Carson Wentz​

A year ago, the Colts acquired Wentz holding the same belief he would be their long-term quarterback. Keep in mind, head coach Frank Reich had a strong preexisting relationship with the quarterback and both the Colts’ coaching staff and offense were better to help get the most out of a passer.
Before the 2021 season even concluded, Indianapolis realized it made a terrible mistake. The Colts, including Reich, became frustrated by Wentz’s inability to handle coaching and the coaching staff never saw improvement in his decision-making.

These are the very same issues the former No. 2 overall pick had in Philadelphia. He clashed with the coaching staff, refusing to take accountability at times and he often pushed back against criticism. It bothered teammates and culminated in the Eagles realizing he couldn’t be their franchise quarterback.
Just looking at the box score would indicate Wentz played fairly well in 2021. Keep in mind that he finished among the bottom 10 starting quarterbacks in bad throw rate (18.8%) and on-target rate (73.7%).
Wentz also didn’t perform well in crucial situations. While he posted a 102.1 passer rating in the first two quarters of games, per Pro Football Reference, it dropped to 89.7 in the second half of regular-season games. He also threw a majority of his interceptions in the fourth quarter and completed just 56.2% of his pass attempts on third downs.

The Commanders overpaid when they didn’t have to, and it seems to be the cost of doing business for them. However, the coaching staff and organization selling itself on Wentz as a long-term solution to years of quarterback woes is a mistake. He failed and burned bridges in far better circumstances. A team with far more turmoil isn’t going to result in better circumstances. They’ll likely have learned from their mistake by December.

Let teh season play out we will see what happens. If he fails we move on to another QB. He cant be any worse than TH or haskins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a classic case of don't listen to what they say but watching what they do concerning Wince.

If they truly believed in Carson Wince wouldn't they have signed him to an extension that saved them cap space this year and locked him down in a manner equal to their (weak, false) publicly stated confidence?

Our friend and fellow poster @Dean often reminds us that "IF he fails" next year he can be released without zero G-money owed and nothing left on the books, cap-wise. Well, logically, if this public proclamation is truly reflective of the way they are viewing Wince, why hurt the team this year and keep him on the one-year deal that he has now? Their actions speak of an organization hoping for something that hasn't transpired to date while hedging their bets in the event that he is what he is. NOT exactly a vote of confidence in the player and an extremely idiotic attempt to sell the public on their words.

There is no need to extend him now. If he does do well he is still signed under a reasonable price for a starting QB. Plus after June 1 we have 22m to spend in FA. So why extend him now? Just to keep Ionman? lol

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let teh season play out we will see what happens. If he fails we move on to another QB. He cant be any worse than TH or haskins
Again, you can't compare Wentz to Haskins and TH. This is what you keep doing. You simply compare what we have to what we had.

For example, you keep saying Rivera is better than Gruden. So what? What does that mean? Same with Wentz and TH.

We are NOT in competition for what we had...we are in competition with the rest of the league. I don't care about Gruden or Smith/Haskins/TH, I care about how our coach/QB stack up to the rest of the league. If we simply compare the present to what we had 3-5 years ago, we are setting ourselves up for mediocrity. At this time, we are extremely behind.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again.

We all know Wentz is probably better than TH or Haskins. I don't care about TH. The goal shouldn't be to simply have someone who is a fraction better. We should be looking for someone who can lead and produce on the field. As proven numerous times, Wentz cannot do that.

I am not sure why your measuring stick is always the previous regime.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again.

We all know Wentz is probably better than TH or Haskins. I don't care about TH. The goal shouldn't be to simply have someone who is a fraction better. We should be looking for someone who can lead and produce on the field. As proven numerous times, Wentz cannot do that.

You can't say for a certainty that Wentz will fail. You are making a prediction. I believe better QB production will make the team win. If TH can get 7 wins why can't Wentz get 9?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more than fair to compare Wentz to the QBs who proceeded him. You are trying to get better, if Wentz is better than theorectically the Redskins got better.

If you look at the PFR stats the only two QBs the Redskins could had a reasonable chance to get were Jimmy G and Bridgewater.
Teddy had 9 less TDs and the same amount of Int's on 90 less throws
Jimmy G had 7 less TDs and 5 more Ints

Jimmy G threw for 300 yards while Teddy threw for 500 less..

Jimmy had 3 GWDs, Teddy 1 and Wentz 0

Jimmy G would have cost as much as Wentz, Kyle wasn't going to give him away to Snyder.

Teddy was probably the cheapest move but would have at best been = to Wentz

Ryan would have likely cost the same if not more and had lesser stats than Wentz last year.

I don't think McNabb was a panic move, I think he was a dumbass move. Snyder and Allen thought they were smart .... the Shanahan's disagreed.

I never thought the Smith move was a panic move. Remember Cousins was still under contract. Again I think it was Snyder and Allen saying look Kirk we got a guy who cost less and is as good. They were wrong on both counts.

I think this years draft is mediocre at QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more than fair to compare Wentz to the QBs who proceeded him. You are trying to get better, if Wentz is better than theorectically the Redskins got better.

If you look at the PFR stats the only two QBs the Redskins could had a reasonable chance to get were Jimmy G and Bridgewater.
Teddy had 9 less TDs and the same amount of Int's on 90 less throws
Jimmy G had 7 less TDs and 5 more Ints

Jimmy G threw for 300 yards while Teddy threw for 500 less..

Jimmy had 3 GWDs, Teddy 1 and Wentz 0

Jimmy G would have cost as much as Wentz, Kyle wasn't going to give him away to Snyder.

Teddy was probably the cheapest move but would have at best been = to Wentz

Ryan would have likely cost the same if not more and had lesser stats than Wentz last year.

I don't think McNabb was a panic move, I think he was a dumbass move. Snyder and Allen thought they were smart .... the Shanahan's disagreed.

I never thought the Smith move was a panic move. Remember Cousins was still under contract. Again I think it was Snyder and Allen saying look Kirk we got a guy who cost less and is as good. They were wrong on both counts.

I think this years draft is mediocre at QB.

FWIW if Smith doesn't break his leg much different outcome for this franchise. Thats water under the bridge now.

Duke thinks Bridgewater can give the same production and just as talented as Wentz. Which is completely wrong. His justification was that we didn't have to give up draft capital, but we don't know if he would of have singed here. Thats what people dont understand, you name players but you dont know if they would have signed here.

What if we didnt make the trade for Wentz , he hit FA and signed with another team. Then we strike out on trib, Bridgewater, MM, and a Grap trade that prob ably would of cost more in draft capital. We would then have to rely on TH and a rookie at #11. no thanks,

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith looked bad before he broke his leg. Anyone who says otherwise is guilty of revisionist history. Aside from the year he had right before free agency, Smith was a low risk low reward qb. That’s why skinsdad called him captain checkdown - he was a better version of jason campbell.

Andy Reid suckered the redskins into bad deals twice, with two different teams and quarterbacks.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith looked bad before he broke his leg. Anyone who says otherwise is guilty of revisionist history. Aside from the year he had right before free agency, Smith was a low risk low reward qb. That’s why skinsdad called him captain checkdown - he was a better version of jason campbell.

Andy Reid suckered the redskins into bad deals twice, with two different teams and quarterbacks.

I thought we were going to the playoffs that year if he didn't break his leg. He was good enough to win not a superstar by no means. Its Cousins a superstar? No. He is good enough to win.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need to extend him now. If he does do well he is still signed under a reasonable price for a starting QB. Plus after June 1 we have 22m to spend in FA. So why extend him now? Just to keep Ionman? lol
If they are stating publicly that they see him as a long-term answer, then it makes all of the sense in the world to extend him now. Since you can't fathom why I'll give you a few reasons.

1. An extension now frees up cap space now and gives them options now in free agency and/or adds to that 22M that you speak of.

2. Gives a boost of confidence to your QB who's badly in need of the same, and tells your team and fans that your optimism isn't just public utterances but backed by concrete action. Tell me that Wince and this team don't need some reinforced confidence.

3. Let's say that you and they are correct about Wince, meaning that he really steps up his game this year (sadly he won't) wouldn't an extension now look like peanuts compared to what he would command (pun) after such a season? If they are that confident, why put their salary cap nuts in a vise by waiting for him to succeed? (their logic and yours)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again.

Slightly disagree with "We should be looking for someone who can lead and produce on the field" Good start, but IMHO, this team and organization should, as a goal, be looking for and fielding the best talent in the league that produces SB's. No harm intended, but this organization is one that's desperate for goal-oriented clarity, "lead and produce on the field" just didn't provide that from my perspective.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say for a certainty that Wentz will fail. You are making a prediction. I believe better QB production will make the team win. If TH can get 7 wins why can't Wentz get 9?
Define "Fail" sir!!

The goal for every player in the league is to win Super Bowls, their careers are too short to aim for anything less. The same can and must be said about coaches and support personnel. Therefore unlike 31 teams in the league annually ONLY one will not "fail." Under that circumstance, seasonal "failure" is anything less than a hands-down divisional title and being the odds on favorite to reach and win the SB.

Looking at Wince and this team, can you honestly, straight-faced pronounce that Wince will succeed? What's it called when you do not succeed?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are stating publicly that they see him as a long-term answer, then it makes all of the sense in the world to extend him now. Since you can't fathom why I'll give you a few reasons.

1. An extension now frees up cap space now and gives them options now in free agency and/or adds to that 22M that you speak of.

2. Gives a boost of confidence to your QB who's badly in need of the same, and tells your team and fans that your optimism isn't just public utterances but backed by concrete action. Tell me that Wince and this team don't need some reinforced confidence.

3. Let's say that you and they are correct about Wince, meaning that he really steps up his game this year (sadly he won't) wouldn't an extension now look like peanuts compared to what he would command (pun) after such a season? If they are that confident, why put their salary cap nuts in a vise by waiting for him to succeed? (their logic and yours)

IF they extend him it would cost more money. I thought he was on a current contract that made sense for a starting QB in the league. They are just protecting themselves if he fails. It's possible he could fail but they want him to be the guy here. The team wants to see him prove it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "Fail" sir!!

The goal for every player in the league is to win Super Bowls, their careers are too short to aim for anything less. The same can and must be said about coaches and support personnel. Therefore unlike 31 teams in the league annually ONLY one will not "fail." Under that circumstance, seasonal "failure" is anything less than a hands-down divisional title and being the odds on favorite to reach and win the SB.

Looking at Wince and this team, can you honestly, straight-faced pronounce that Wince will succeed? What's it called when you do not succeed?

If we make the playoffs this season Wentz would have succeeded here. So, if Wentz doesn't win a Super Bowl he is a failure? lol

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW if Smith doesn't break his leg much different outcome for this franchise. Thats water under the bridge now.

Duke thinks Bridgewater can give the same production and just as talented as Wentz. Which is completely wrong. His justification was that we didn't have to give up draft capital, but we don't know if he would of have singed here. Thats what people dont understand, you name players but you dont know if they would have signed here.

What if we didnt make the trade for Wentz , he hit FA and signed with another team. Then we strike out on trib, Bridgewater, MM, and a Grap trade that prob ably would of cost more in draft capital. We would then have to rely on TH and a rookie at #11. no thanks,

That is a lie and I did not say that. Show me where I said that??? Here is what I said:

Correct. Bridgewater is a lesser QB then Wentz.

Go and check post 509 on the Commander Offseason thread for 4/7/22. I admitted that Wentz was the better QB. If you are going to confuse facts, that is one thing, but now you are misquoting posters.

I doubt Wentz would have signed with another team because NOBODY wanted him! You continue to believe that not one FA would have signed to start here. That is a HUGE stretch and you know it. You are making it sound like we basically have to force/kidnap a QB via trade to come here. If we are literally dumpster fire and that toxic, how in the world can we be successful? You aren't making any sense. You told us to have "faith" and that you like what Rivera is doing but in now admit that we cannot secure free agents? Which is it?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a stretch as well. He would be the 12th highest-paid QB in the entire NFL. You are making stuff up again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lie and I did not say that. Show me where I said that??? Here is what I said:

Correct. Bridgewater is a lesser QB then Wentz.

Go and check post 509 on the Commander Offseason thread for 4/7/22. I admitted that Wentz was the better QB. If you are going to confuse facts, that is one thing, but now you are misquoting posters.

I doubt Wentz would have signed with another team because NOBODY wanted him! You continue to believe that not one FA would have signed to start here. That is a HUGE stretch and you know it. You are making it sound like we basically have to force a QB via trade to come here. If we are literally dumpster fire and that toxic, how in the world can we be successful?

Point being you don't know who we would have gotten. If Wentz hit FA it is possible other teams could of been interested. Teams didnt want to trade for him b/c of his contract and draft capital that they would have to give up.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "Fail" sir!!

I am about to give up. I am now being misquoted and Dean has literally spread misinformation over the past two weeks that a simple google search would clear up.

He admitted to me that he is "loyal" to the coach. He dismissed facts when backed into a corner and says "let's just see".