• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke's 2022 Draft Predictions

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC did not make the playoffs. Never hated KC didnt think he deserved to be the highest paid in the game. IUs Wentz the highest paid in the game? NO!!
he most certainly made the playoffs with the redskins go look it up

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we lost QB1
point being you claimed making the playoffs would be good for the franchise back then as well while i advocated getting the better draft pick.

i said a team with a losing record didnt deserve to be in the playoffs . you thought it was a panacea

making the playoffs that losing year did nothing for the franchise , we were a losing team the following year

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no to that deal. Its not all doom and gloom for us like the guys on here think it is. We were a playoff team last year if we had a good QB
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I think Hamilton falls due to that shitty 40 he ran and can be had in the 2nd. I'd take USC's Drake London with the first pick if he's there.

@chillerdab Hopefully they cease n desist with that square peg in a round hole bullshit as well. Jackson's strength as a CB is in man coverage not zone. I won't say Davis is a bust, but trying to turn him into a MLB was a bust of an idea. He has the physical tools to be a WLB though. Hopefully playing there proves successful. It shouldn't have taken 5 games to realize Collins wasn't a cover FS. Speaking of Collins has he signed with another team yet? If If not they should go hard at re-signing him back. He made plays as the hybrid.

Wince has a legit NFL arm, but his accuracy isn't the greatest. With Drake he doesn't need to be. One of his best traits is tracking n coming up with balls that aren't so accurately thrown.

What's up @duke1861 Good to see you here homie.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I think Hamilton falls due to that shitty 40 he ran and can be had in the 2nd. I'd take USC's Drake London with the first pick if he's there.

@chillerdab Hopefully they cease n desist with that square peg in a round hole bullshit as well. Jackson's strength as a CB is in man coverage not zone. I won't say Davis is a bust, but trying to turn him into a MLB was a bust of an idea. He has the physical tools to be a WLB though. Hopefully playing there proves successful. It shouldn't have taken 5 games to realize Collins wasn't a cover FS. Speaking of Collins has he signed with another team yet? If If not they should go hard at re-signing him back. He made plays as the hybrid.

Wince has a legit NFL arm, but his accuracy isn't the greatest. With Drake he doesn't need to be. One of his best traits is tracking n coming up with balls that aren't so accurately thrown.

Hello my friend!! I hope all is well!

When you applying for that GM job???

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point being you claimed making the playoffs would be good for the franchise back then as well while i advocated getting the better draft pick.

i said a team with a losing record didnt deserve to be in the playoffs . you thought it was a panacea

making the playoffs that losing year did nothing for the franchise , we were a losing team the following year
Dean has been struggling. In the past few weeks he claimed:

1. Multiple teams approached the Colts about Wentz.
Truth: We were the only call they got and bid against ourselves per multiple sources.

2. KC did not make the playoffs.
Truth: That is exactly what he did in 2015.

3. Jon Bostic was "decent" in 2020.
Truth: Bostic graded very much below average and was potentially the worst starting MLB in the NFL in 2020.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict the deadskins will totally botch the first round, but......ultimately I expect a one and done year so....

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you actually routing for you team to lose just sums up all of your messages on here.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd round? What?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that the decision makers in washington have to work smarter.

I dont blame them for drafting Davis, who was supposedly a mid first round talent. Not realizing sooner than they did that he wasnt ready for MLB was on them.

Landon Collins has NEVER been a good coverage safety. He was routinely burned in coverage as a NYGiant. Why RR thought he might work as a coverage safety in Washington is beyond me. Why it took so long for JDR to change his scheme and/or LC’s role in the scheme is beyond me too.

That’s what is so concerning in the trade for Wentz. He sucked in his last year in philly and was dropped by his mentor’s team in one year.

I dont know what he can do well, because the last time I watched Wentz, he was forcing balls and being sacked repeatedly by Chase Young and company. He looked like Patrick Ramsey at the end of his time in DC: afraid of being hit and an inaccurate passer who didnt trust what he saw.

I called Collins being a bad free agent signing, which is not any big feat at all, because at least half of us already knew that he was a bad signing when he signed here.

On the other hand, if they resign LC for less money to play buffalo nickel, then thag would be a GREAT signing, because - as you said, Breed - he made plays there.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean has been struggling. In the past few weeks he claimed:

1. Multiple teams approached the Colts about Wentz.
Truth: We were the only call they got and bid against ourselves per multiple sources.

2. KC did not make the playoffs.
Truth: That is exactly what he did in 2015.

3. Jon Bostic was "decent" in 2020.
Truth: Bostic graded very much below average and was potentially the worst starting MLB in the NFL in 2020.

totally forgot about 2015. I admit I was wrong about teams in the Wentz trade market but Im still happy we got him. Bostic was not a prized FA. We needed someone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you actually routing for you team to lose just sums up all of your messages on here.
my team ? i am an observer , my team is in the history books

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you commander fans.

2020 you guys had a dominant defense. 2021 your defense kind of sucked with a similar roster.

Do you guys think you need to be a defensive first team to succeed?? Or do you think your defense is closer to the 2021 version??

I think this is the most important question for who you should draft. If you think defense will get you wins, then I think you should bolster that defense

If you need offense. You are probably best off drafting a qb. And hoping for the best. Unless you trust wentz!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello my friend!! I hope all is well!

When you applying for that GM job???

Far as the GM gig, why? The salary would be cool, but I or anyone else would just be another person in the room no one would listen to. Unfortunately I think there's only 2 voices in DC that get listened to. Snyder n RR. Snyder's been sent to a corner for a time out right now so that leaves RR to his own devices right now and he's went all in on the Wince trade far as his future in DC it appears.

What kicks my ass is thinking about all the talent that was literally under Snyder's nose at one time. The article below makes some valid points about why Washington shouldn't really be on the hook for none of them becoming the Redskins HC, but imo. It doesn't touch on arguably the biggest reason why no one might've wanted the position even had it been offered. That being the hands on approach of Snyder. Interesting note that the article claims the FO saw the capabilities to be a legit HC in McVay, but were surprised his opportunity came as early as it did. I can't argue with that. And by chance if the Skins would've made McVay their HC I think his "Fu*k them draft picks!" style of coaching would've drove many a Skins fan off a cliff including me. Due to the fact that the Skins have been way too trade happy in the Snyder era, especially during Gibbs 2.0, with very little to show for it.

Why people should stop sharing graphic of former WFT coaches

I think that the decision makers in washington have to work smarter.

I dont blame them for drafting Davis, who was supposedly a mid first round talent. Not realizing sooner than they did that he wasnt ready for MLB was on them.

Landon Collins has NEVER been a good coverage safety. He was routinely burned in coverage as a NYGiant. Why RR thought he might work as a coverage safety in Washington is beyond me. Why it took so long for JDR to change his scheme and/or LC’s role in the scheme is beyond me too.

That’s what is so concerning in the trade for Wentz. He sucked in his last year in philly and was dropped by his mentor’s team in one year.

I dont know what he can do well, because the last time I watched Wentz, he was forcing balls and being sacked repeatedly by Chase Young and company. He looked like Patrick Ramsey at the end of his time in DC: afraid of being hit and an inaccurate passer who didnt trust what he saw.

I called Collins being a bad free agent signing, which is not any big feat at all, because at least half of us already knew that he was a bad signing when he signed here.

On the other hand, if they resign LC for less money to play buffalo nickel, then thag would be a GREAT signing, because - as you said, Breed - he made plays there.
I agree with everything you say though I think they could've waited at least another rd before drafting Davis. Thhough if they do that they might miss out on being able to draft Cosmi who lopoked really good till he got hurt. Regardless, I think Davis could be a stud at either WLB or SLB. Asking him to be a MLB after only starting 11 games in college was a lot.

Far as Wince I think they need to give as much as they can far as weapons go. Just looking at the team right now. I think Tmac is gonna be Tmac and the only way for both Samuel and Brown to go is up far as what they did last year. Hopefully Thomas is 100% for the season and I thought Bates showed himself to be more than capable as a #2 TE. If they draft Drake that will give Wince 3 targets of 6'5" or better with Drake having the ability to get downfield. He also doesn't have to be wide open or have a greatly thrown ball to make a play. The kid knows how to use his body, size and hands to his advantage. He doesn't have elite speed, but with size n strength he'll win quite a bit if press coverage is played against him or out-muscle n out-man DBs if they play off him. Though from what keeps being said. This draft is supposedly full of WR talent. So I wouldn't be against drafting a WR more in the speed kills can gewt deep mode either. Whatever WR the Skins draft though. I think a key ability for them will be adjusting to passes that aren't necessarily well thrown or right on target.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally forgot about 2015. I admit I was wrong about teams in the Wentz trade market but Im still happy we got him. Bostic was not a prized FA. We needed someone.
Well, no worries. We have a long team history. Nobody has it all memorized.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article sums up my feelings on Wentz. Why in the world did we do this???

Why the Commanders are making a mistake with Carson Wentz​

A year ago, the Colts acquired Wentz holding the same belief he would be their long-term quarterback. Keep in mind, head coach Frank Reich had a strong preexisting relationship with the quarterback and both the Colts’ coaching staff and offense were better to help get the most out of a passer.
Before the 2021 season even concluded, Indianapolis realized it made a terrible mistake. The Colts, including Reich, became frustrated by Wentz’s inability to handle coaching and the coaching staff never saw improvement in his decision-making.

These are the very same issues the former No. 2 overall pick had in Philadelphia. He clashed with the coaching staff, refusing to take accountability at times and he often pushed back against criticism. It bothered teammates and culminated in the Eagles realizing he couldn’t be their franchise quarterback.
Just looking at the box score would indicate Wentz played fairly well in 2021. Keep in mind that he finished among the bottom 10 starting quarterbacks in bad throw rate (18.8%) and on-target rate (73.7%).
Wentz also didn’t perform well in crucial situations. While he posted a 102.1 passer rating in the first two quarters of games, per Pro Football Reference, it dropped to 89.7 in the second half of regular-season games. He also threw a majority of his interceptions in the fourth quarter and completed just 56.2% of his pass attempts on third downs.

The Commanders overpaid when they didn’t have to, and it seems to be the cost of doing business for them. However, the coaching staff and organization selling itself on Wentz as a long-term solution to years of quarterback woes is a mistake. He failed and burned bridges in far better circumstances. A team with far more turmoil isn’t going to result in better circumstances. They’ll likely have learned from their mistake by December.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article sums up my feelings on Wentz. Why in the world did we do this???

Why the Commanders are making a mistake with Carson Wentz​

A year ago, the Colts acquired Wentz holding the same belief he would be their long-term quarterback. Keep in mind, head coach Frank Reich had a strong preexisting relationship with the quarterback and both the Colts’ coaching staff and offense were better to help get the most out of a passer.
Before the 2021 season even concluded, Indianapolis realized it made a terrible mistake. The Colts, including Reich, became frustrated by Wentz’s inability to handle coaching and the coaching staff never saw improvement in his decision-making.

These are the very same issues the former No. 2 overall pick had in Philadelphia. He clashed with the coaching staff, refusing to take accountability at times and he often pushed back against criticism. It bothered teammates and culminated in the Eagles realizing he couldn’t be their franchise quarterback.
Just looking at the box score would indicate Wentz played fairly well in 2021. Keep in mind that he finished among the bottom 10 starting quarterbacks in bad throw rate (18.8%) and on-target rate (73.7%).
Wentz also didn’t perform well in crucial situations. While he posted a 102.1 passer rating in the first two quarters of games, per Pro Football Reference, it dropped to 89.7 in the second half of regular-season games. He also threw a majority of his interceptions in the fourth quarter and completed just 56.2% of his pass attempts on third downs.

The Commanders overpaid when they didn’t have to, and it seems to be the cost of doing business for them. However, the coaching staff and organization selling itself on Wentz as a long-term solution to years of quarterback woes is a mistake. He failed and burned bridges in far better circumstances. A team with far more turmoil isn’t going to result in better circumstances. They’ll likely have learned from their mistake by December.
It was a panic move , hell you listen to dean and the excuses about whether anyone would come here or not illustrates his fear and panic and willingness to accept the company line and the propaganda spewed by these incompetent nit wits . CDC was a fear based move , mcnabb was fear based , RGME was fear based

Hell I was about to buy him a comfort blanket to keep him from shaking from shear panic his words showed .

“ no one would come “ he shrieked in terror

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you commander fans.

2020 you guys had a dominant defense. 2021 your defense kind of sucked with a similar roster.

Do you guys think you need to be a defensive first team to succeed?? Or do you think your defense is closer to the 2021 version??

I think this is the most important question for who you should draft. If you think defense will get you wins, then I think you should bolster that defense

If you need offense. You are probably best off drafting a qb. And hoping for the best. Unless you trust wentz!!
This defense is not as good as it presented in 2020, and they aren't as bad as presented last year. That said, I expect that the 2022 season will be a lot more representative of who they truly are and that translates to a defense ranking somewhere between 10 and 16 this year. (They actually were the 7th best defense against the run last year... yeah, I know....who knew??)

Unfortunately, we have an old dinosaur as HC whose claim to head coaching fame comes from the notion that contrary to all known things about the NFL becoming a passing, scoring, league insists that his teams can win 17-13, 19-16, and 20-17 type games. In fact, in his two seasons here these are his team scoring averages 2020 = 20.1 2021 = 19.7 while his defensive teams have allowed on average 20.6 in 2020 and 24.2 last year.

A couple of things about this team, it badly needs an infusion of offensive firepower and that begins with the QB. Unfortunately, there is no QB in this draft worthy of being drafted in round one, and as such better value can be achieved in round two. So far, unofficial polling has confidence in Wince at 999 million against and 1 in favor.