• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke's 2022 Draft Predictions

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a dick here. But you used the word "appear" a LOT. That is a lot different than "JDR chokes." We can all say No. 5 defense is better than No. 25. What schemes is JDR using that you think he is choking? You don't like 4-2-5 with a lot of zone coverage? Should he be playing more man? Just trying to understand where his coaching choked?

I know how long Turner has been coaching. I also know his dad was a very good OC. I would think he knows a thing or two. So far he has had Haskins, a broken Smith and TH for QBs and one real WR.

If you are a numbers guy the D performed well two years ago against a much easier schedule than last years schedule.
Our defense in 2020 gave up 329 points (20.6 per game) and in 2021 434 points (25.5 per game 2021). I have repeatedly said that I am open to any theories to explain this and all I have heard so far is COVID and Snyder. Please correct me if I am missing anything. As such, nobody seems to know why our defense dropped off the face of the earth. We are simply throwing our hands up and blaming the football gods. To me, it is either 1 of 2 things:

A. JDR (coaches)
B. Players

Do I know each scheme that is being run on every play? I do not. What I can tell you is that something was clearly different in 2021 and it resulted in confusion and a lack of fundamentals. This was evident in each game. I believe we can blame JDR for putting Davis in a position he is not suited for. We can argue that the players simply didn't execute or the coaching staff didn't do their job. Take your pick.

Again, if it's on the coaches, why were NO coaching staff changes made in the offseason? Again, if it's on the players, why did we not make upgrades during free agency? It seems that RR is simply taking a mulligan for the defense in 2021. That is irresponsible. The plan at this point is to get the band back together and roll the dice again with no changes.

I apologize if I am not following the connection between Norv Turner and Scott Turner? Yes, Norv was excellent but so far, Scott has been substandard. Just because Norv was great doesn't mean Scott is. We can make excuses for him and that is now par for the course with WSH fans. Our fanbase comes up with more excuses than any other fan base in the NFL. Turner did not have the experience to do this job. Being a HS OC, a college analyst, and a quality control coach might be good experience, but it should not be enough experience to be an NFL OC. He has been awful the first 2 years and he only got the job due to nepotism.

I agree that he has not had Pro Bowlers on offense to help him. However, that proves my other point: RR is not building this roster correctly and we are lacking talent everywhere. That is RR's fault.

Again, if we are going to be RR apologists, that's fine, but the facts are what they are.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, JDR's messaging wasnt as clear as it should be to his players for games 1-5, and then he figured out how to be clearer with what he wanted. Also, obvoiusly, he made some adjustments to player assignments that helped (Collins to Buffalo Nickel, 3 safeties). It was unfortunate that it took as many games as it did, but on the other hand, the competition was better due to playing a first place schedule, and some of the player mistakes were baffling.

Personally, I coudl see how JDR came to the conclusion that he doesn't need high priced upgrades to fix his defense, especially if he feels as though he was cleare with what he wanted after game six.

I think the case is "muddier" on offense. Turner called a few godawful games, a few great games, and most of the games he called were average. On the other hand, TH couldn't make all of the throws, and everybody was injured. I think that when you think you have a creative offesnive mind as your OC, that these days you have to lock them up early. Lord knows the redskins let a LOT of offensive coaching talent leave over their recent history, so they pulled the trigger on Turner earlier than perhaps they should.

With a qb with an NFL arm, already a lot of speed on the field, and the likelihood of adding new weapons through the draft to help Wentz, this would seem to be the "show us what you got" season for Turner. Hopefully he rises to the occassion.
I agree with some of this. If we are going to roll with 3 safeties, that is fine, but we need to have that personnel. I am guessing he thinks the draft will get that Buffalo Nickel? That is a gamble as you can't always get the players you want. It's a crapshoot.

If JDR doesn't need elite players...great. If that is true, he would then need elite coaches. His coaching staff clearly isn't elite. Several were RR yes men in CAR and followed him here. We appear to be more worried about nepotism than talent.

I agree that effective young OC MUST be locked up. We have been burned by this in the past. However, putting Turner in the same class as O'Connell, McVay, and LaFleur is out of line to me. He is not near as talented. Progress was observed with those 3. I have seen no progress with Turner. The fact that we signed Turner to a multi-year extension is laughable.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll continue this some day when you we actually talk about the strategy of football. Just putting up how many points that were given up is the result, why is the question and answer. A fan will say "it was the coaches more often than not." :2cents:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty obvious what happened last year. Tough schedule, injuries/covid, bad Qb, and the defense struggled until Collins went to the Buffalo Nickel. IF we has any type of QB we win both Eagle games and make the playoffs. So why is it all doom and gloom? Why is the sky falling?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll continue this some day when you we actually talk about the strategy of football. Just putting up how many points that were given up is the result, why is the question and answer. A fan will say "it was the coaches more often than not." :2cents:
Happy to talk about strategy. I am no football coach but can hold my own.

I agree with your statement but I actually blame the GM most of the time instead of the coach. In our situation, our coach is our GM of course. The GM builds the roster and is responsible for making sure the talent to do the job is on the field.

When RR was named coach/GM/President, our fate was sealed.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty obvious what happened last year. Tough schedule, injuries/covid, bad Qb, and the defense struggled until Collins went to the Buffalo Nickel. IF we has any type of QB we win both Eagle games and make the playoffs. So why is it all doom and gloom? Why is the sky falling?
Go ahead and add the following: The Rams were really good, the Cowboys had a great offense, and the refs are against us. The fact that you blame a tough schedule is laughable. Only a WSH would blame the schedule as a reason for losing record. There are plenty of excuses to go around Dean. Our fans are great at it!

There you go again with the Eagles theory. There is no evidence of that and I proved you wrong already. Keep living in a fantasy land. Why is simply making the playoffs now your Super Bowl? Suppose we did make the playoffs and faced the Bucs, they would have pulled us apart like warm bread. I honestly don't think you watch the games at all. We would have a worse draft pick and would have been humiliated on national TV. You simply keep repeating this over and over again with the hope that we will believe it.

Calling a spade a spade is not doom and gloom... it's reality. I have said 8-9 wins for a while. Early predictions are spot on with this as well. Here are 2 win projections for us. I guess they are not as smart as you Dean.

Your Wentz savior theory has been debunked at every level. Another former teammate took a shot at him.

So now a former owner, coach, and player have come after Wentz. Yet, you ignore this and continue to believe he is the right guy for us. For the thousandth time...what do you know that the owners/coach/players don't?

The sky isn't falling, we just aren't very good. It's a fact that you have to reject for some reason. There is zero evidence to support that a better QB makes us a shoe in for the playoffs.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and add the following: The Rams were really good, the Cowboys had a great offense, and the refs are against us. The fact that you blame a tough schedule is laughable. Only a WSH would blame the schedule as a reason for losing record. There are plenty of excuses to go around Dean. Our fans are great at it!

There you go again with the Eagles theory. There is no evidence of that and I proved you wrong already. Keep living in a fantasy land. Why is simply making the playoffs now your Super Bowl? Suppose we did make the playoffs and faced the Bucs, they would have pulled us apart like warm bread. I honestly don't think you watch the games at all. We would have a worse draft pick and would have been humiliated on national TV. You simply keep repeating this over and over again with the hope that we will believe it.

Calling a spade a spade is not doom and gloom... it's reality. I have said 8-9 wins for a while. Early predictions are spot on with this as well. Here are 2 win projections for us. I guess they are not as smart as you Dean.

Your Wentz savior theory has been debunked at every level. Another former teammate took a shot at him.

So now a former owner, coach, and player have come after Wentz. Yet, you ignore this and continue to believe he is the right guy for us. For the thousandth time...what do you know that the owners/coach/players don't?

The sky isn't falling, we just aren't very good. It's a fact that you have to reject for some reason.

You are trying to pick apart a season with TH at the helm. You need to chill. We differ on RR and del rio we will just leave it at that. A consistent playoff team would do wonders for this organization and fan base. There is not true way or blue print to win a Super Bowl. It can be done many ways., I have more confidence in RR than Gruden or Shany. That is just my opinion.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to pick apart a season with TH at the helm. You need to chill. We differ on RR and del rio we will just leave it at that. A consistent playoff team would do wonders for this organization and fan base. There is not true way or blue print to win a Super Bowl. It can be done many ways., I have more confidence in RR than Gruden or Shany. That is just my opinion.

And who put TH at the helm? Who signed off on him being the backup? Who signed him to a 2-year deal in 2021? Who thought it was a good idea to sign a 38-year-old journeyman to be our starting QB? It was Rivera.

I am trying to understand why you have any type of faith in Rivera. Do you feel his 3 winning seasons out of 11 is good? Do you believe he is a talented GM/head of the front office? Can you help me understand why Rivera has your support either as a coach or head of the front office? I am honestly curious why there is an emotional tie there. Do you feel you have to be loyal because he is the coach of the team you support? In other words, if Rivera was fired tomorrow and Jim Zorn was hired, how would you feel about that?

I agree that a consistent playoff team would do wonders for the fans/team. If that is the case, you need to fire Rivera as he doesn't do that. There is a reason he was fired in Carolina. He has 2 straight losing seasons here in WSH. We only made the playoffs in 2020 because Dallas and NYG suffered catastrophic injuries and Philly literally quit in the final game of the year. We got lucky in other words.

Shanahan had a great eye for offense coaches obviously but fell into the pit of being a coach/GM. While 2012 was one of the best years in the past 20, he flamed out. Shanahan had an amazing track record coming into WSH. Gruden was ok but is a much better coordinator. Rivera is a better HC than Gruden but he has not nor will he accomplish what Shanahan ever did.

Any thoughts on the latest source coming out and throwing Wentz under the bus? Any thoughts on why he has so many enemies?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who put TH at the helm? Who signed off on him being the backup? Who signed him to a 2-year deal in 2021? Who thought it was a good idea to sign a 38-year-old journeyman to be our starting QB? It was Rivera.

I am trying to understand why you have any type of faith in Rivera. Do you feel his 3 winning seasons out of 11 is good? Do you believe he is a talented GM/head of the front office? Can you help me understand why Rivera has your support either as a coach or head of the front office? I am honestly curious why there is an emotional tie there. Do you feel you have to be loyal because he is the coach of the team you support? In other words, if Rivera was fired tomorrow and Jim Zorn was hired, how would you feel about that?

I agree that a consistent playoff team would do wonders for the fans/team. If that is the case, you need to fire Rivera as he doesn't do that. There is a reason he was fired in Carolina. He has 2 straight losing seasons here in WSH. We only made the playoffs in 2020 because Dallas and NYG suffered catastrophic injuries and Philly literally quit in the final game of the year. We got lucky in other words.

Shanahan had a great eye for offense coaches obviously but fell into the pit of being a coach/GM. While 2012 was one of the best years in the past 20, he flamed out. Shanahan had an amazing track record coming into WSH. Gruden was ok but is a much better coordinator. Rivera is a better HC than Gruden but he has not nor will he accomplish what Shanahan ever did.

Any thoughts on the latest source coming out and throwing Wentz under the bus? Any thoughts on why he has so many enemies?

After what TH did in the playoff game you think, RR was going to cut him? He gave him a chance. Fitz getting hurt killed us this year. I think RR has done fine considering what he has had. You want the guy to be a miracle worker. Gruden got out coached in every game he coached in. He was bad. Sure Shanny did some things here but wasn't as good as advertised in huis time in WSH. I think Wentz can have a good year. He has talent and if he stays healthy he should win for us.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what is obvious , a bunch of young players read their press clippings and played hero ball . it easy to be a top 5 defense when you line up against patsies and cream puff's and out athlete them . its a hole different ball game when you play top teams and they expose you for your lack of film study lack of seeking improvement and putting personal glory above the team .

the fact is we werent good enough . our defense didnt help a qb who has all the heart in the world but lacked talent because they were arrogant selfish pricks

and if they make the playoffs next season you will proclaim some huge turn around until they play a first place schedule vs great teams and we are exposed and become urine yet again

wince cant carry a team , he is a bus driver and time and time again last season he showed he was pedestrian and the choke job he had vs the ash and trash called the jags will rear its ugly head yet again and his qb future will end up on the scrap heap of broken dreams

the sky is falling dean ? we are urine and we have been since the snyder regime

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what is obvious , a bunch of young players read their press clippings and played hero ball . it easy to be a top 5 defense when you line up against patsies and cream puff's and out athlete them . its a hole different ball game when you play top teams and they expose you for your lack of film study lack of seeking improvement and putting personal glory above the team .

the fact is we werent good enough . our defense didnt help a qb who has all the heart in the world but lacked talent because they were arrogant selfish pricks

and if they make the playoffs next season you will proclaim some huge turn around until they play a first place schedule vs great teams and we are exposed and become urine yet again

wince cant carry a team , he is a bus driver and time and time again last season he showed he was pedestrian and the choke job he had vs the ash and trash called the jags will rear its ugly head yet again and his qb future will end up on the scrap heap of broken dreams

The sad thing is that ex-teammates are now coming out against Wentz. Not sure if Dean read the article and quotes I posted, but I have never seen owners, coaches and now players come out against a QB to this extent. Yet, this is the QB Dean is excited about. I have never wanted a player off the roster prior to them even taking a snap like Wentz. This was a HUGE mistake and the NFL community is laughing at us. We were literally the only call the Colts got. I am sure they were laughing the entire time on the phone as we took the bait. What a disaster of a front office!

I have no clue where the theory that all we need is an average QB to win came from. A good QB is NOT the missing piece we need. I honestly think some people on here do not watch the games. This Polly Anna mentality that we have a good front office, good coaching staff, and good players is just odd to me. Again, I think some posters are just not watching the games here. It's worse because some on here are celebrating the lighter schedule and wearing it as a badge of honor. That is just absurd to me. We have fallen pretty far as a fan base.

Best case scenario is for Goodell to force out Snyder and that we get an owner who writes the checks and stays out of the way. He then hires a GM and goes back to attending charity events. The GM then builds the team and front office from scratch.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you that we had an easier schedule in 2020. I dont care how we get to the playoffs, as long as we are in the playoffs. You can write of Wentz for the Jags game but if he won that game, is it a different story? Would the trade still happen? Im not saying Wentz is Rodgers but he is good enough to win 9 or 10 games this year to get in the playoffs.

Im still trying to process why Wilson went the the Broncos instead of coming here. If he wants to win we would be an automatic playoff team with him here. Now he is in the AFC and there is a legit shot that the Broncos wont make the playoffs. I don't think that was a move for him to win. Wilson was the one that nixed our deal or was it Seattle?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is that ex-teammates are now coming out against Wentz. Not sure if Dean read the article and quotes I posted, but I have never seen owners, coaches and now players come out against a QB to this extent. Yet, this is the QB Dean is excited about. I have never wanted a player off the roster prior to them even taking a snap like Wentz. This was a HUGE mistake and the NFL community is laughing at us. We were literally the only call the Colts got. I am sure they were laughing the entire time on the phone as we took the bait. What a disaster of a front office!

I have no clue where the theory that all we need is an average QB to win came from. A good QB is NOT the missing piece we need. I honestly think some people on here do not watch the games. This Polly Anna mentality that we have a good front office, good coaching staff, and good players is just odd to me. Again, I think some posters are just not watching the games here. It's worse because some on here are celebrating the lighter schedule and wearing it as a badge of honor. That is just absurd to me. We have fallen pretty far as a fan base.

Best case scenario is for Goodell to force out Snyder and that we get an owner who writes the checks and stays out of the way. He then hires a GM and goes back to attending charity events. The GM then builds the team and front office from scratch.

Yes I'm more excited about Wentz than Bridgewater the guy who you wanted to be our starter this year. Yes, anybody who watches the games knows that we had a major QB problem. We could still have a QB problem next year too if Wentz fails. totally possible. Yes the defense regressed, but you refuse to add injuries and covid to the equation. I still cant believe you are taking the 2020 season to evaluate this team. Plus you dont realize any team losing their starting QB Week 1 is going to be in for a world of hurt for the season. But of course you dont add that when you realize. You take offensive numbers with TH at the helm. You take defensive numbers when our top 2 DE's are out. You write off rookies who get hurt or dont produce in Year 1.

2020 was not a fair evaluation at all and you know it. I dont like Synder at all but I m still a believer in RR and Del Rio

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm more excited about Wentz than Bridgewater the guy who you wanted to be our starter this year. Yes, anybody who watches the games knows that we had a major QB problem. We could still have a QB problem next year too if Wentz fails. totally possible. Yes the defense regressed, but you refuse to add injuries and covid to the equation. I still cant believe you are taking the 2020 season to evaluate this team. Plus you dont realize any team losing their starting QB Week 1 is going to be in for a world of hurt for the season. But of course you dont add that when you realize. You take offensive numbers with TH at the helm. You take defensive numbers when our top 2 DE's are out. You write off rookies who get hurt or dont produce in Year 1.

2020 was not a fair evaluation at all and you know it. I dont like Synder at all but I m still a believer in RR and Del Rio
I am using both 2020 and 2021 as fair evaluations. We were 7-10 both years. I admitted we had 2 injuries (DE) and COVID, but that doesn't explain dropping nearly 20 spots and giving up 100 more points than 2020. 2020 was two years ago....2021 was last year.

Fitzpatrick being called a starter is a stretch. In 17 years as a QB, he was the starter for the bulk of games in only 5 seasons. Another bullseye by Rivera! Fitzpatrick at the helm would have made little to no difference. He has a career completion % of 60% and was viewed as a backup by the entire NFL. Only Rivera viewed him as a starter at age 38...LOL.

You never addressed the latest Wentz article by a former WR. You seemed to gloss over evidence as it's provided to you. I would be more excited about Bridgewater. He would be cheaper, cost less draft capital and his ex-teammates, coaches and owners don't throw him under the bus. Can you explain that please?

If I can't use 2020 and 2021 to evaluate the Rivera regime, what do you suggest I use? I used his CAR years and you ignored those for some reason. I ask again, why are you a believer in Rivera?. If he has another losing season, that would be 3 winning seasons out of 12. Do you still support him? I am beginning to think that you are blindly loyal to any coach we have and feel you betray the organization by having an unfavorable opinion.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that we had an easier schedule in 2020. I dont care how we get to the playoffs, as long as we are in the playoffs. You can write of Wentz for the Jags game but if he won that game, is it a different story? Would the trade still happen? Im not saying Wentz is Rodgers but he is good enough to win 9 or 10 games this year to get in the playoffs.

Im still trying to process why Wilson went the the Broncos instead of coming here. If he wants to win we would be an automatic playoff team with him here. Now he is in the AFC and there is a legit shot that the Broncos wont make the playoffs. I don't think that was a move for him to win. Wilson was the one that nixed our deal or was it Seattle?

You mean 2021 right?

You never want to back into the playoffs period. That goes for any sport. I am shocked you don't know that.

Wentz would have still been dumped or traded. The owner and team hated him. I have posted numerous articles on this.

Are you serious? The Broncos had the 3rd best defense in 2021 and they just hired an offensive guru in Hackett? They are not under investigation by Congress, don't have an owner who harasses women and steals, and they don't have a coach who is clueless.

Hmm, Scott Turner vs Hackett...who do you think is a better offensive mind...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am using both 2020 and 2021 as fair evaluations. We were 7-10 both years. I admitted we had 2 injuries (DE) and COVID, but that doesn't explain dropping nearly 20 spots and giving up 100 more points than 2020. 2020 was two years ago....2021 was last year.

Fitzpatrick being called a starter is a stretch. In 17 years as a QB, he was the starter for the bulk of games in only 5 seasons. Another bullseye by Rivera! Fitzpatrick at the helm would have made little to no difference. He has a career completion % of 60% and was viewed as a backup by the entire NFL. Only Rivera viewed him as a starter at age 38...LOL.

You never addressed the latest Wentz article by a former WR. You seemed to gloss over evidence as it's provided to you. I would be more excited about Bridgewater. He would be cheaper, cost less draft capital and his ex-teammates, coaches and owners don't throw him under the bus. Can you explain that please?

If I can't use 2020 and 2021 to evaluate the Rivera regime, what do you suggest I use? I used his CAR years and you ignored those for some reason. I ask again, why are you a believer in Rivera?. If he has another losing season, that would be 3 winning seasons out of 12. Do you still support him? I am beginning to think that you are blindly loyal to any coach we have and feel you betray the organization by having an unfavorable opinion.

Bridgewater over Wentz is beyond ridiculous. Not even going to comment on that. Depends on how we had the losing season to evaluate RR. His coaches gave Wentz props. Players didnt like him. That doesn't mean his current players wont like him. You never know. Im not loyal to any coach we had. Gruden was a disaster IMO. He hired Dc Barry over Phillips. That was awful. He was horrible in game coach and will always get outsmarted after halftime.

There is no doubt RR is and upgrade over Gruden.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean 2021 right?

You never want to back into the playoffs period. That goes for any sport. I am shocked you don't know that.

Wentz would have still been dumped or traded. The owner and team hated him. I have posted numerous articles on this.

Are you serious? The Broncos had the 3rd best defense in 2021 and they just hired an offensive guru in Hackett? They are not under investigation by Congress, don't have an owner who harasses women and steals, and they don't have a coach who is clueless.

Hmm, Scott Turner vs Hackett...who do you think is a better offensive mind...

Wilson is going to the AFC. Denver might not make the playoffs never mind Super Bowl. Look at the Qb's in the AFC. Wilson has a better chance making the playoffs with us vs Denver b/c of the conference. 2020 was an easier schedule than 2021.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater over Wentz is beyond ridiculous. Not even going to comment on that. Depends on how we had the losing season to evaluate RR. His coaches gave Wentz props. Players didnt like him. That doesn't mean his current players wont like him. You never know. Im not loyal to any coach we had. Gruden was a disaster IMO. He hired Dc Barry over Phillips. That was awful. He was horrible in game coach and will always get outsmarted after halftime.

There is no doubt RR is and upgrade over Gruden.
Bridgewater would simply serve as a mentor for the rookie QB that we would have drafted. That would be his purpose. We would have had about 15 million more in cap space plus a 2nd and 3rd rounder back. The point would be to draft our franchise QB in 2022.

Reich has since turned on Wentz.

This is a quick article I strongly encourage you to read.

Gruden did have 1 good year but yes, as I have said, he was a good OC but not a HC. Rivera is a better coach for sure. That is still not saying much. You can't compare every coaching candidate to Gruden like you can't compare potential starting QBs to TH. The problem though is that Rivera runs the front office and has brought in questionable free agents and his draft strategy has been quite poor.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater would simply serve as a mentor for the rookie QB that we would have drafted. That would be his purpose. We would have had about 15 million more in cap space plus a 2nd and 3rd rounder back. The point would be to draft our franchise QB in 2022.

Reich has since turned on Wentz.

This is a quick article I strongly encourage you to read.

Gruden did have 1 good year but yes, as I have said, he was a good OC but not a HC. Rivera is a better coach for sure. That is still not saying much. You can't compare every coaching candidate to Gruden like you can't compare potential starting QBs to TH. The problem though is that Rivera runs the front office and has brought in questionable free agents and his draft strategy has been quite poor.

Who is this rookie Qb you speak of? The QB class this year is awful. Carolina might even pass on Pickett. Carolina!! Who were RR questionable Fa's? That article has nothing to do with Wentz this year. New team, coaches, and teammates.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Washington Commanders
    CARSON WENTZQB, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
    Carson Wentz

The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports Carson Wentz "is viewed by [Washington] coaches as more than just a bridge player or even an experimental fix."​

Commanders head coach Ron Rivera has said repeatedly this offseason that the team sees Wentz as a long-term answer under center for a franchise that has long sought a viable starting quarterback. After playing his way out of Indianapolis after one season -- alienating coaches and teammates alike -- Wentz will look to revive his fledgling career in Washington this season.
    RELATED:
    lor Heinicke
    SOURCE: WashingtonPost.com
    Apr 22, 2022, 10:45 AM ET