• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke's 2022 Draft Predictions

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure so you guarantee a losing season and HOPE that a QB from this draft is going to be our savior. Give me a QB name that you would want in this draft if we didnt get Wentz and signed Bridgewter in FA.
I already told you.. trade down in the second round with Kansas city, use one on the QB. Any inexpensive bridge QB will do under that circumstance.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you.. trade down in the second round with Kansas city, use one on the QB. Any inexpensive bridge QB will do under that circumstance.

Why cant you give me a QB name? Again a big if in a trade down.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretend? They traded for the guy. They have to motivate him. Wentz has to be motivated b/c if he fails here, he is probably out of the league.
Yes pretend, it was and remains an extremely foolish decision to trade for him. He'll if they had waited Mayfield would be a better free agent option. Why must Washington be the graveyard for Wince's already spent career? Haven't you had your fill of failed experiments with this team?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant you give me a QB name? Again a big if in a trade down.
I gave you four named options, and all of them are graded as best in round two. Here are the names once again... Willis, Pickett, Corral and Ridder. One of them will be there in round two. I can't predict how they will fall but this I can guarantee. Any one taking these guys early in round one, is reaching and won't get immediate value in doing so. I posted more in-depth analysis about this last year, I believe it was August 2021 if you want to research it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes pretend, it was and remains an extremely foolish decision to trade for him. He'll if they had waited Mayfield would be a better free agent option. Why must Washington be the graveyard for Wince's already spent career? Haven't you had your fill of failed experiments with this team?

lol Mayfield, he is still hurt

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a strawman type of argument Sportster. It is purposely diverting the conversation to something else instead of addressing the point at hand.

For example:

Claim: Carson Wentz is not a leader, he has burned bridges, has a substandard completion %, refuses to take accountability, is not a team player, panics when the game is on the line, and is injury prone. This was a bad deal for Washington and we gave up to much.

Dean's Response: Well, he is better than Taylor Heinicke.

Because the testimonies of former coaches and players and the data cannot be refuted, it is easier to divert the attention to Heinicke (strawman). None of the points above were addressed, as such, it's better to provide a new attack.

Same with Rivera:

Claim: Rivera has historically been a poor coach, and he is even worse as a talent evaluator. He has done an ineffective job in managing the front office, rebranding the team name, and building the roster since his arrival.

Dean's Response: Well, he is better than Gruden ever was.

Again, what does Gruden have to do with the original claim? It doesn't, it is a logical fallacy and argument tactic to deflect the real issue. In this case, it is Rivera. It is what politicians do when they are cornered in a debate. They simply change the argument and create a strawman in an attempt to refute the original point/claim.

I am not sure if this is all on purpose or not.
I did not mention Dean once. What are you talking about. Somehow when you use stats you are right but when I used them you went off on a tangent. Stick to the topic man.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the organization is about to botch the 1st round of the draft

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not taking a QB at #11
What if they did? What would your thoughts be about their confidence in Wince? What would it do to your confidence in them and Wince?
These are good questions pre-draft.

I understand supposition, so play along and don't go with the "it's not going to happen" escape bit.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they did? What would your thoughts be about their confidence in Wince? What would it do to your confidence in them and Wince?
These are good questions pre-draft.

If that happened, I would flip out. No way its happening.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a 1st round grade on a QB you take them if possible because of the 5th year option