• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duffman

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BA is ALMOST as bad a stat as W-L (not quite, but I am just trying to make a point). Pederson's OPS is still tops, and he is a bopper who caught a lot of people's imagination at the HR Derby. Duffy has shown to be almost slump-proof, and his numbers continue to improve. Maybe by the end of the year he will be at the top of my ballot. But as of a week ago (when I looked at it in detail), Pederson still had that slot.

so you're saying that Joc is one of the chosen people?

I like it.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BA is ALMOST as bad a stat as W-L (not quite, but I am just trying to make a point). Pederson's OPS is still tops, and he is a bopper who caught a lot of people's imagination at the HR Derby. Duffy has shown to be almost slump-proof, and his numbers continue to improve. Maybe by the end of the year he will be at the top of my ballot. But as of a week ago (when I looked at it in detail), Pederson still had that slot.

So help me Bonds, if Duff goes on a 2-25 skid, I'm hunting you down and ending you for jinxing him.

Ok, maybe not. But stating that out loud screams of bad juju.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk, I always like to look at OBP/SLG/OPS as well over batting average. But the guy is batting .222, and that is mostly in his control, unlike W/L. He's struck-out a league high 129 times too. If he got his BA around .250, I could take him more seriously.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, I always like to look at OBP/SLG/OPS as well over batting average. But the guy is batting .222, and that is mostly in his control, unlike W/L. He's struck-out a league high 129 times too. If he got his BA around .250, I could take him more seriously.
But when you have an OBP as respectable as his to go hand-in-hand with his BA, that shows he isnt just "Rob Deer"ing the ball. To have that kind of OBP and still blast the HRs he does is very impressive.

Duffy is playing a great #2/#3 game, Pederson is playing a great #4/#5 game.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewind: Duffy and 'Duffy-ish' player spark big win | CSN Bay Area

Tomlinson and the rest of the organization’s prospects don’t need to copy Duffy’s swing, they just need to follow the mental approach. The rookie was hitting .300 on the first day of July and he has been between .283 and .310 every day since. There are good days and series, and there are days when Duffy takes an 0 for 5 in a prime spot of the lineup, but the down times never last.

Since the Giants cut ties with Casey McGhee on May 24 and made Duffy the third baseman, he [Duffy] has never gone more than two straight games without a hit. Read that again. The down times never last.

Wow!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olney: Duffy for NL Rookie of the Year
The pool of candidates is extremely deep (Kris Bryant, Jung Ho Kang, Randal Grichuk and Noah Syndergaard -- just to name a few), but Giants 3B Matt Duffy stands above the rest, writes Buster Olney. Duff deserves it (Insider)