• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 5 years of having talking heads completely whiff on what the Seahawks are going to do in the draft, especially in the first round, because they've got their own idea of what the Seahawks should do that isn't on the same wavelength with Schneider and Carroll, I don't care what those guys think anymore. They're gonna be wrong, the Seahawks are gonna do something none of them expect or think the Seahawks should have done and we'll see ridiculously bad grades for another draft that turns out to be good at worst.

IDK, Seattle has pretty much earned a lot of those low grades. People tend to forgive the misses that PC/JS have because they've pulled some brilliance in the later rounds (and UDFA).

2010. Okung was a gimme, everyone and their dog knew Seattle had to take him if he was there. The big drama was Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays (whose career has been so blah that I didn't even realize he was still in the league), which turned out to be no decision at all. Golden Tate was mediocre (or flat out a bust) the first three years and looked like he'd never truly learn the WR position and I wasn't even upset that he left for any reason other than PR. Walter Thurmond is made of glass. EJ Wilson made it two seasons. Then the cream of the crop - Kam Chancellor has been a stud. Anthony McCoy looked like a solid pick until he got on the Walter Thurmand training program. Sexter Davis made it three years. Jameson Konz has played one game.

PC/JS best draft to date. Kiper, who everyone seems to hate because he hasn't liked the Seahawks draft, gave the draft an A.

2011. James Carpenter was a bad pick, even with his vastly improved season this year it doesn't seem to be enough to save them from this pick. John Moffitt was even worse, and was traded after two seasons. KJ Wright has been a solid starting LB. Kris Durham couldn't even make the team with this team's horrible receivers. Richard Sherman has become a stud, but if PC & JS knew this is what he was going to be, they'd have drafted him sooner. Mark LeGree never played a game. Byron Maxwell started slow but turned in a solid year and a half as a starter and will cash in this off season for it. Lazarius Levingston played 7 NFL games. Malcolm Smith has been a solid 4th LB with a Super MVP in his trophy room.

This is the start of the drafts that have Seahawks fans hating Mel Kiper. The D- he gave the Seahawks was the lowest of any team, but in honesty they whiffed big on their first 3 rounds. There has been plenty of ire coming the way of Seattle's first half of that draft, deservedly so, and if not for the late round miracles it would have been a massively disappointing draft class.

2012. Bruce Irvin was good at LB this year, but after three years people are still not sure what we have with him (partially the position change's fault). Bobby Wagner has been one of the best MLB in football. Russell Wilson has been spectacular - but was stated by Kiper at the time that if he'd been just a couple inches taller he'd've gone in the early first round. Robert Turbin, stuck behind Lynch is nothing more than a role player. Jay Howard, played 16 of his career 21 games in 2014 for Kansas City. Korey Toomer, amounts to nothing more than ST and depth. Jeremy Lane, solid but turning out to be injury prone. Winston Guy has played 21 games for 3 teams. JR Sweezy, seems to be settling into his position change, but doesn't appear to be anything special. Greg Scruggs - depth.

I know on cbs everyone thought Bruce Irvin was a massive reach - especially since he was a single move pass rusher. Wagner and Wilson make this draft, without them then there is no class. Kiper gave the Hawks a C- this year, and since most draft grades are tied into the first round (if a team has one) then it's no surprise why it was so low.

2013. Christine Michael hasn't proven anything and maybe won't ever be able to beat out Turbin. Jordan Hill has put together a solid 6 game stretch. Chris Harper was a complete bust. Jesse Williams still hasn't seen the field. Tharold Simon missed all of last year and has been constantly injured even when healthy. Luke Willson has been flash at times, but is inconsistent. Spencer Ware never worked out. Ryan Seymour is added depth for Cleveland. Ty Powell plays for the Bills. Jared Smith hasn't seen the field. Michael Bowie has looked good at times, but has looked horrible at others.

Seattle had botched the last two 1st round picks so bad, I was sure they had done a better job by trading their's to Minny for Harvin, which turned out to be wrong, they couldn't even trade the first round pick away right. Overall, 2013 has been underwhelming, but there have been some flashes here and there, but not enough, yet. Hill looks like he will be the cream of this crop, and Willson may have a decent career yet. Kiper gave the draft a B.

2014. Paul Richardson was just looking like he was getting into the swing of things when he went down. Britt looks like he will be a good RT with more experience. Cassius Marsh looks promising as long as he stays healthy. Kevin Norwood is an unknown as yet. Kevin Pierre-Louis has added some depth. Jimmy Staten, Garrett Scott and Eric Pinkins have all not seen any action. Kiero Small has started at FB for Cleveland.

Kiper gave this class a C+, and though it really hasn't had time to show anything, it hasn't exactly excelled either. Given time it could look better, but right now it looks like Britt will be the only long time starter out of the group.

The point I'm trying to make is that Pete Carroll and John Schneider have been average at best in the first 3 rounds of the draft. They've been great (or lucky, however you want to see it) with the late round picks in the past, but it's been since 2012 since they picked up a starter (Sweezy) and since 2011 since a pro bowler (Sherman) in the fifth or later. A draftnick's job is to keep people talking up to and after the draft. But, even though they are for the most part not football guys, they hit and miss on players about as often as the actual teams do.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there's still a lot of free agent moves to be made, but who'd you rather add from the draft if the Hawks had to choose one of Phillip Dorsett,Tyler Lockette or DGBeckham?

I know a lot would probably say Beckham, but with the Graham trade would the Hawks rather draft Dorsett or Lockette over him?

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at the most current draft round data for 2015 factoring in the moves made today. If I'm reading this right, it says our picks are currently:

2nd (31)
3rd (31)
4th (13) (31)
5th (31)
6th (5)
7th (31)

Compensatory picks which end up basically the (33+) picks of rounds 3-7 will be announced at the owners meeting the end of March.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no one is ever able to pick Seattle picks correctly buts always fun to see who they think we are interested in.

The one the surprised my was #4 RB Mike Davis from South Carolina only because they resigned lynch, have turbin and michael. Can't believe they use another high pick on a RB. (course thought that with Michael also) They also seem very high on WR Breshad Perriman of UCF

2015 NFL Draft: 5 Seattle Seahawks Rumors You Need to Know - RantSports

Their picks our

#5 WR Breshad Perriman

#4 RB Mike Davus

#3 WR Tyler Lockett

#2 OL Ty Sambrailo

#1 WR Sammie Coates

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From nfl.com

It will only take one NFL team to believe in the character of former Washington star Marcus Peters for the cornerback to hear his name called in the first round of next week's NFL draft. But for one club, it appears the talented man-to-man coverage ace who was dismissed from UW last November won't get the call in any round.

"We're not taking him, but somebody will and probably early, too," a scout told nj.com.

The report also cited a scout who suggested that Peters landing with a franchise that can provide him with the proper fit is of utmost importance to his NFL future: "When you hear words like uncoachable it scares you. He better go to the right team, or he'll be out of the league in a couple years."

Peters had trouble getting along with a new coaching staff at UW, but is considered one of the most talented cornerbacks available in the draft. The cornerback position is one that NFL teams value highly, which will help Peters' hopes of maintaining a high place on as many draft boards as possible. An AFC scout expects some clubs to overspend as a result.

"This group is deep, I see a lot of good second-round guys," the scout said. "Of course, some of them will go in the first, because teams get desperate for corners."

Quality cornerbacks are tough to find and don't last long in the draft, particularly with the proliferation of spread offenses in college producing quality wide receivers in droves. And there certainly isn't a shortage of teams in need of help at the position. NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein rates cornerback among the top five position needs of 20 clubs. Some have a more pressing need at corner than others, and those could be the ones who "overdraft" second-day cornerbacks on Day 1.

The nj.com report quoted NFL scouts on many of the top cornerbacks available in the draft. A few of the more compelling remarks:

» One scout said his club is evaluating LSU cornerback Jalen Collins, a potential first-round pick, as a safety.

» Another called Oregon's Ifo Ekpre-Olomu the best cornerback for press coverage in the draft, and believes he is better than 2014 first-round pick Jason Verrett (Chargers).

» A scout on UConn cornerback Byron Jones: "He showed he could run at his pro day. That's all that was missing. He's a first-round pick, now. But we're not taking him, not in the first."

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In ESPN's 3-round live mock draft @McShay13 has the Seahawks taking Ohio State DT Michael Bennett in R2 and Oregon C Hroniss Grasu in R3.

While any Duck drafted by the Seahawks makes me throw up in my mouth a bit, Grasu has been a very good C for them and could be a solid fit for the Hawks.

Both those would be nice picks for the Hawks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two guys named Michael Bennett on the team? That would be something.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-line 1st please (if a good one is available). Our lack of decent DTs also allowed Brady to step right up and let Bennett/Avril go right by him a couple times. Mebane may not be ready to start the season and who knows if he'll recover anyway (same with Hill). Jesse Williams has been injured 3 straight seasons (including college) - that's done and Cassius Marsh also injured.

We need to stack up on DTs, it's amazing how many guys went down and it REALLY showed when you compare this years defense to last years.

Brady was doing jack crap until Avril went down. I don't want to be 'that guy' but if Avril stays in the game I doubt the Pats put up 28.

I agree.... Our pass rush was pretty bad the last couple games... We didn't pressure a gimpy Rodgers much either.... Hill was a big loss for us down the stretch, Mebane was also ... We just couldn't get any pressure upfront and it showed...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a flash about this:

Earlier this year, a report emerged that Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennettwanted to be traded to the Falcons. Another Seahawks pass-rusher ultimately could be the guy who gets shipped to Atlanta.

Per a league source, chatter already has emerged regarding a possible trade that would send linebacker Bruce Irvin to the Falcons, reuniting him with coach Dan Quinn, the former defensive coordinator in Seattle.

Irvin, who was born in Atlanta, was a first-round pick of the Seahawks in 2012 — the same year they added linebacker Bobby Wagner in round two and quarterback Russell Wilson in round three.

With the Seahawks not planning to exercise the fifth-year option Irvin, he could be traded to a new team during the draft, and that team could then exercise the option before the May 3 deadline.

Irvin had eight sacks as a rookie in 2012, and he added 6.5 in 2014.

If true, looks like we could be adding a high pick in this draft. Wow.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like both Bennett brothers are skipping the voluntary workouts, and the Bears are shopping their half of the sibling duo.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBCSports -- Two NFC clubs are reportedly interested in moving up in Round Two.

The Falcons (No. 42) and Seahawks (No. 63) would like to vault into the opening stages of the second round, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

The Falcons have seven picks left — one in Rounds Two through Six and two in Round Seven. All can be traded.

The Seahawks, meanwhile, have 11 selections, including four compensatory picks that cannot be dealt. Seattle has three fourth-rounders, including two that can be moved, and it has at least one selection in all six remaining rounds.

NFL Media, like ESPN, reports the Steelers are another club interested in making a move up in Round Two. Pittsburgh, which holds the 24th pick in the second round (No. 56), has one tradeable choice in each of the next six rounds.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frank Clark combine...

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about this pick. From a football standpoint it looks like a solid pick. It's just gonna be hard to root for the guy because of the domestic violence issue that got him kicked off the Michigan football team. I don't know how far along in the process that whole situation is, so it could very well be decided that the accusations against him were false and he did nothing wrong, but if it's enough to get you kicked off of a college team, there's probably something to it. For that reason, I think it probably would have been better had the Seahawks just steered clear of him altogether.

I like the sound of this Lockett kid though. At first glance, he appears to be a bit of a Golden Tate clone. It says that he can return kicks and punts, so hopefully that puts to rest any talk of our big money starters filling those roles. I wouldn't count on him being the only receiver we draft this weekend, but at the very least he fills some holes that needed patching up in the return game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregg Bell is having a 5 alarm histrionic media whoring meltdown on Twitter for hours over the Clark pick. I think he's going for a Pulitzer tonight. He's acting like we drafted the anti-Christ. Get over it Gregg.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about this pick. From a football standpoint it looks like a solid pick. It's just gonna be hard to root for the guy because of the domestic violence issue that got him kicked off the Michigan football team. I don't know how far along in the process that whole situation is, so it could very well be decided that the accusations against him were false and he did nothing wrong, but if it's enough to get you kicked off of a college team, there's probably something to it. For that reason, I think it probably would have been better had the Seahawks just steered clear of him altogether.

I like the sound of this Lockett kid though. At first glance, he appears to be a bit of a Golden Tate clone. It says that he can return kicks and punts, so hopefully that puts to rest any talk of our big money starters filling those roles. I wouldn't count on him being the only receiver we draft this weekend, but at the very least he fills some holes that needed patching up in the return game.

Don't know about that. This is such a sensitive topic now that it seems just an accusation of domestic violence carries a degree of assumption of guilt on the person accused even if it's not true and/or cannot be proven. Just from the little bit I read, this situation was nothing like Hardy throwing a chick on a pile of weapons and trheatening her life. There was a lamp broken and Clark's accuser had a scratch on her face, both easily could have been a result of him trying to fend off an attack. Sometimes crazy chicks attack, and sometimes athletes date crazy chicks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point I'm trying to make is that Pete Carroll and John Schneider have been average at best in the first 3 rounds of the draft. They've been great (or lucky, however you want to see it) with the late round picks in the past, but it's been since 2012 since they picked up a starter (Sweezy) and since 2011 since a pro bowler (Sherman) in the fifth or later. A draftnick's job is to keep people talking up to and after the draft. But, even though they are for the most part not football guys, they hit and miss on players about as often as the actual teams do.

Wow. I think you have established a standard that NO TEAM can meet. While it would be great if the Seahawks drafted a pro bowler every draft, that isn't how it works. If the Seahawks were able to repeat 2012 every year, we would be the most dominant team in football by a country mile.

While our 2 drafts since the 2012 draft haven't been home runs, they did produce some important players. Jordan Hill, Tharold Simon(who I think will develop into a really good player), Luke Wilson, Justin Britt, Cassius Marsh, Kevin Pierre-Louis. Injuries have hurt these guys a bit but they also just developing.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about that. This is such a sensitive topic now that it seems just an accusation of domestic violence carries a degree of assumption of guilt on the person accused even if it's not true and/or cannot be proven. Just from the little bit I read, this situation was nothing like Hardy throwing a chick on a pile of weapons and trheatening her life. There was a lamp broken and Clark's accuser had a scratch on her face, both easily could have been a result of him trying to fend off an attack. Sometimes crazy chicks attack, and sometimes athletes date crazy chicks.

Um yes.. their are many crazy chicks in the world.... MANY MANY MANY....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Terry Poole and Mark Glowinski .... Both OG ... We HAD to address the offensive line.... I hope we nailed a couple here that can pan out... We haven't done really great with our top O-line draft picks, maybe we will land a gem with lower O-line picks....