• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles LB Malcom Smith was a reach in the first round. He was projected late second to mid third round. Desperation makes teams reach for players earlier then normal.
Projected by who? It's all perception.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected by who? It's all perception.

Sources say by Scouts and GM's that watched him. Of course they don't give names out, but heard it on the sports radio.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources say by Scouts and GM's that watched him. Of course they don't give names out, but heard it on the sports radio.

*shrug*

Tatupu was an egregious reach. He worked out okay. Hell, people were laughing their ass off at us about Irvin. Then it leaked that the Jets, Bears, and Niners all wanted him in the first as well. He's done fine. Conversely, we would have been called morons to pass over Aaron Curry for Clay Matthews. No one would have batted an eye if we had used a fourth or fifth rounder on Dion Bailey.

The whole reach/steal thing is overblown.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pre-draft rankings are pretty much a group-think exercise. Some of the guys may be receiving some input for certain players from actual teams, but hard to say if it's misdirection or truth. I value where an actual NFL team grades a player a lot more than where McShay or Mayock thinks they should go, and we don't really get to see that side of it. Then you get to fans, and we pretty much base our entire opinion on what we hear from the pundits. We think we know, but we really don't.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda want to wait until the after FA to see who they signed and who we loss before saying which pick should be first but man do we need help on D-line and O-line. GOD I hope if they do pick Oline that Cable doesn't have final say again. And I feel 100% confident that in round 4 to 5 they will draft another corner back. That's there move. I personally believe they are going to trade the 31 pick and gain more picks later in the draft like they did last year.

I'm not so sure about that.
It is looking like we will get 12 picks this year adding in the Percy trade pick and 4 comps.
This might even be a year to trade up, but I doubt that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point, but don't reach for a OL. That bits you in the butt.

What qualifies as a reach?

I was thinking of the year the Seahawks used their 1 round choice on Carpenter , and the 2 round choice on Moffitt. It was a poor year for OL and the Seahawks needed OL and ended up reaching IMO. Happens to the best and I think they learned from it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think marshawn will be back he has no reason to leave from the rumors we have all herd we are offering him money to be one of top paid backs in the league and hes on a championship contending team what more could you ask for. We really should just stock up on OL and DL especially the DL the only guy we need to find a replacement for is james carpenter I dont think he will be back next season. I think at times last season we really missed red bryant and chris clemons

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think marshawn will be back he has no reason to leave from the rumors we have all herd we are offering him money to be one of top paid backs in the league and hes on a championship contending team what more could you ask for. We really should just stock up on OL and DL especially the DL the only guy we need to find a replacement for is james carpenter I dont think he will be back next season. I think at times last season we really missed red bryant and chris clemons

I do think Lynch will be back. Still besides Carp, you got to consider that the Seahawks best 2 OL seemed to get injuried the last two years. It's a good idea to pick up OL, just don't reach for them again. Get some real talent.

As for missing Red and Chris. I'd say that the Seahawks could use one more pass rusher. Might have the guy on the roster right now, his name escapes me a the moment, but he was a rookie who got injuried.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Lynch will be back. Still besides Carp, you got to consider that the Seahawks best 2 OL seemed to get injuried the last two years. It's a good idea to pick up OL, just don't reach for them again. Get some real talent.

As for missing Red and Chris. I'd say that the Seahawks could use one more pass rusher. Might have the guy on the roster right now, his name escapes me a the moment, but he was a rookie who got injuried.

agree, its good to find OL because you can find a veteran DL to play on a rotational basis at a bargin price if he chooses to win over money like a darnell dockett

as for the rookie do you mean Cassieus marsh? A couple of people are high on him someone I knew who was a UCLA fan said that marsh was a monster, compared him to paul kruger personally idk if he has that speed to get to the QB we will see

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, its good to find OL because you can find a veteran DL to play on a rotational basis at a bargin price if he chooses to win over money like a darnell dockett

as for the rookie do you mean Cassieus marsh? A couple of people are high on him someone I knew who was a UCLA fan said that marsh was a monster, compared him to paul kruger personally idk if he has that speed to get to the QB we will see

Yes Cassieus Marsh, he may be the answer. I won't mind seeing the Seahawks adding to the DL at all, with a vet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why McShay thinks we would draft Gurley.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get it either, seems low on a list of priorities for this team right now. If I hear a RB's name at 31 I might punch my tv.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either, seems low on a list of priorities for this team right now. If I hear a RB's name at 31 I might punch my tv.

If I hear a RB name at 63 I might do the same (I don't have any attachments to your tv ;) )

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if marshawn came out and retired I wouldnt want todd gurly that was a serious injury he had, couldnt run in the combine and he refused for doctors to take a look at his leg I wouldnt want him

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand it either when both lines need help, secondary needs some depth, need an up grade at WR/PR/KR and possibly a TE. RB is the last item on the list even if Lynch retires.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw report stating that Seattle could possibly be looking at Maxx Williams (6'4" 249 lbs), TE Minnesota with our pick in the first round. Athletic, pass catching TE.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would surprised with our 1st rounder is if we spend it on a QB. I could see and understand using it on pretty much anything else (save K/P). I would welcome the Gurley pick. Lynch may not be here much longer, and if the FO is sold on him and he's still there then the fit seems pretty good.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would surprised with our 1st rounder is if we spend it on a QB. I could see and understand using it on pretty much anything else (save K/P). I would welcome the Gurley pick. Lynch may not be here much longer, and if the FO is sold on him and he's still there then the fit seems pretty good.

That 1st pick should be somebody who will help them get back to the SB in 2016, not somebody that will probably sit behind Marshawn for 2 years, considering he comes back. Just my opinion.

I would like to see them either trade out or take the best available offense/defensive lineman.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 1st pick should be somebody who will help them get back to the SB in 2016, not somebody that will probably sit behind Marshawn for 2 years, considering he comes back. Just my opinion.

I would like to see them either trade out or take the best available offense/defensive lineman.
Well then we have a fundamental difference on what we think the draft is for. I think it's much more about the long game than the immediately upcoming season. I'm also OK with a lineman, but often times those guys aren't particularly good right away. The guys who help us get back to the SB were probably drafted 2-4 years ago.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 5 years of having talking heads completely whiff on what the Seahawks are going to do in the draft, especially in the first round, because they've got their own idea of what the Seahawks should do that isn't on the same wavelength with Schneider and Carroll, I don't care what those guys think anymore. They're gonna be wrong, the Seahawks are gonna do something none of them expect or think the Seahawks should have done and we'll see ridiculously bad grades for another draft that turns out to be good at worst.