• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2019

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. I would hope that picking up Ford would smother any thought of bypassing QW if Bosa is gone for Allen.
I do like Allen as well.

They came away seemingly unhappy with Allen when he pulled out of the Senior Bowl at the last minute. Hopefully that feeling is only in regards to #2, but say a trade back 2 or 3 spots and he's there? Take him in a heartbeat.

No matter what....I still think they need more pass rushers, and they should grab somebody very early in the draft (assuming they are done with trades/FA)

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They came away seemingly unhappy with Allen when he pulled out of the Senior Bowl at the last minute. Hopefully that feeling is only in regards to #2, but say a trade back 2 or 3 spots and he's there? Take him in a heartbeat.

No matter what....I still think they need more pass rushers, and they should grab somebody very early in the draft (assuming they are done with trades/FA)
This draft lends itself to taking a passrusher
Yes, bookends

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe QW is a top talent and could even be BPA of the entire draft? Is he clearly ahead of Bosa in value? If he is clearly ahead of Bosa, then i'd be ok with QW. We can only hope our scouting staff can gage this well?

If the value is close enough, Bosa is the call. It is harder to draft a top ER because you have to be drafting 'top 5'. You can depend on getting lucky as there are examples of ER's outside top 5, but odds are you need a high pick.

We shouldn't think Ford is the 'long term' answer at LEO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/124240-bucky-brooks-mocks-first-three-rounds-49ers-draft/

I know everyone will be ok with this mock assuming Bosa goes #1. But i think at this point, everyone believes he won't.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delved into a draft simulator
2: R1P2

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
36: R2P4
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
67: R3P3
CB JOEJUAN WILLIAMS
VANDERBILT
104: R4P2
LB GERMAINE PRATT
NC STATE
176: R6P3
EDGE JOHN COMINSKY
CHARLESTON
212: R6P39

CB DAVID LONG
MICHIGAN

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Delved into a draft simulator
2: R1P2

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
36: R2P4
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
67: R3P3
CB JOEJUAN WILLIAMS
VANDERBILT
104: R4P2
LB GERMAINE PRATT
NC STATE
176: R6P3
EDGE JOHN COMINSKY
CHARLESTON
212: R6P39

CB DAVID LONG
MICHIGAN

This obviously starts out well. :-)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa certainly has the pedigree.

""Bosa is universally regarded as the best of the bunch – if not the best prospect in this draft, period. He’s got size, strength, speed, balance, tenacity and lineage. His dad was a first-round draft pick. His uncle was a first-round draft pick. His brother was the No. 3 pick three years ago.""

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa certainly has the pedigree.

""Bosa is universally regarded as the best of the bunch – if not the best prospect in this draft, period. He’s got size, strength, speed, balance, tenacity and lineage. His dad was a first-round draft pick. His uncle was a first-round draft pick. His brother was the No. 3 pick three years ago.""

I think both prospects have room to grow in their talent. Bosa is a bulldozer off the edge with good hands...Q has a limited amount of pass rush moves but is lightning fast. All that said...tackles in the NFL are a bit different than college. I believe that both will show their talent throughout their first year in flashes, but it's going to be a little different as the talent is much more advanced. Either way...they're both studs and would work well along side of our current talent on the DL.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both prospects have room to grow in their talent. Bosa is a bulldozer off the edge with good hands...Q has a limited amount of pass rush moves but is lightning fast. All that said...tackles in the NFL are a bit different than college. I believe that both will show their talent throughout their first year in flashes, but it's going to be a little different as the talent is much more advanced. Either way...they're both studs and would work well along side of our current talent on the DL.
Especially Bosa with Buckner and Ford taking all the heat off of him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/201...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

We've been reading that adding Bosa doesn't bode well for Armstread or Thomas, and it doesn't. But we have to look at this over Bosa's career, so you take him and deal with Thomas or Armstead? I would think they'll TRY to set-up a trade ala Trent Brown, for Armstead? Thomas won't get us a trade.

I like Armstead more than most, so not pushing to trade him. But you get Bosa first and foremost, then deal with the others after.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 NFL draft: The case for the 49ers picking Nick Bosa

We've been reading that adding Bosa doesn't bode well for Armstread or Thomas, and it doesn't. But we have to look at this over Bosa's career, so you take him and deal with Thomas or Armstead? I would think they'll TRY to set-up a trade ala Trent Brown, for Armstead? Thomas won't get us a trade.

I like Armstead more than most, so not pushing to trade him. But you get Bosa first and foremost, then deal with the others after.

I think it's simple. Move Thomas inside full time where he actually played well last year when he was inside. A 4 man front of Ford, Buckner, Thomas and Bosa. I think a lot of problems can be solved. Armstead can sub in, what probably looks to be his final year with SF.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's simple. Move Thomas inside full time where he actually played well last year when he was inside. A 4 man front of Ford, Buckner, Thomas and Bosa. I think a lot of problems can be solved. Armstead can sub in, what probably looks to be his final year with SF.

i read more than a few times Thomas is ok inside on "obvious passing downs', but not ok for run D. He isn't able to anchor against double teams. DJ Williams will certainly have to be the NT in base. After watching highlights of DJ, why not cause he's better than Mitchell.

Either way, i'm sure they're going to mix it up a little, and take advantage of depth.

BTW - We also read they've tried Armstread at NT last year. IF anything, he'd go inside over Thomas.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 NFL draft: The case for the 49ers picking Nick Bosa

I am not sure what impact Bosa would have on either Armstead or Thomas. Both Armstead and Thomas played outside and neither were effective as outside rushers. Thomas is going to moving inside. There is going to be alot of competition for spots on the dline.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i read more than a few times Thomas is ok inside on "obvious passing downs', but not ok for run D. He isn't able to anchor against double teams. DJ Williams will certainly have to be the NT in base. After watching highlights of DJ, why not cause he's better than Mitchell.

Either way, i'm sure they're going to mix it up a little, and take advantage of depth.

BTW - We also read they've tried Armstread at NT last year. IF anything, he'd go inside over Thomas.

Thomas strength has been in the run game and PFF had graded him out pretty well as a run defender. Thomas was poor as a pass rusher playing at the Leo position. The hope is he can be a better pass rusher on the inside.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thomas strength has been in the run game and PFF had graded him out pretty well as a run defender. Thomas was poor as a pass rusher playing at the Leo position. The hope is he can be a better pass rusher on the inside.

Well lets start with this, Thomas hasn't been good at anything. :-)

I believe we've read of these two areas, he's better at run D but don't think it was inside? I think he is better at run D from the 'big end' spot? That is, unless you consider Big End 'inside'? I don't think it is defined as "inside" in our scheme, but don't know with 100% accuracy.

My understanding is "inside" pertains to NT and 3-Tech. The Big End and LEO aren't inside positions.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets start with this, Thomas hasn't been good at anything. :-)

I believe we've read of these two areas, he's better at run D but don't think it was inside? I think he is better at run D from the 'big end' spot? That is, unless you consider Big End 'inside'? I don't think it is defined as "inside" in our scheme, but don't know with 100% accuracy.

My understanding is "inside" pertains to NT and 3-Tech. The Big End and LEO aren't inside positions.

PFF ranked Thomas average overall during the 2018 season. It was his run defense which was ranked above average in the 70s. He had poor pass rushing grades. Most of his snaps last season were on the outside where he did set the edge well against the run. He did see more snaps on the inside during the last part of the season where his numbers were better overall. I believe he is ok defending the run and I think the question is can he be better inside as a pass rusher where he looked better with the small sample size.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the other guy they are talking about, Allen from Kentucky, is no good. He'll be a bust.

He's lighting fast off of the edge but he needs to work on his hips and leverage. He usually uses his speed to "swim" around tackles. I've said it before, when he gets in front of a lineman with long arms and mobility his two strongest assets are dissolved. He's still strong, fast, and I think his ceiling could be pretty high. Still like Bosa more as an immediate impact player. Either way, our DL will be better than last year out of the gates.