• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2019

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lighting fast off of the edge but he needs to work on his hips and leverage. He usually uses his speed to "swim" around tackles. I've said it before, when he gets in front of a lineman with long arms and mobility his two strongest assets are dissolved. He's still strong, fast, and I think his ceiling could be pretty high. Still like Bosa more as an immediate impact player. Either way, our DL will be better than last year out of the gates.
Seems I remember hearing the same thing about the 49ers latest first-round bust, Solomom Thomas.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems I remember hearing the same thing about the 49ers latest first-round bust, Solomom Thomas.

Sure Thomas has been a disappointment, but I wouldn't label him a bust just yet. I also think he has the frame to get bigger and then be used on the inside where he was pretty effective last season. As for Q, I'm not sure can put on a bunch of weight...if he did it might neutralize his speed at the NFL level.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Thomas has been a disappointment, but I wouldn't label him a bust just yet. I also think he has the frame to get bigger and then be used on the inside where he was pretty effective last season. As for Q, I'm not sure can put on a bunch of weight...if he did it might neutralize his speed at the NFL level.
If they get Bosa we probably won’t see much of Thomas

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a fact. I think Baby Bosa will be a brute at the next level and free up some of the DL to wreck shop...and he'll make his own opportunities as well. If AZ takes him, I say we see if we can trade back to a QB hungry team.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fact. I think Baby Bosa will be a brute at the next level and free up some of the DL to wreck shop...and he'll make his own opportunities as well. If AZ takes him, I say we see if we can trade back to a QB hungry team.

I don't think so. Move Thomas inside permanently, and he'll be at worst a decent pro.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/commentary/2056-49ers-draft-may-tip-hand-regarding-long-term-plans/

I'd be ok with this

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Bosa is there, our first pick is simple.

If Bosa is taken by Arizona, then we have a trade down scenario. However, i STILL think teams looking for a QB won't trade up to #2? If i wanted to trade up for a QB, i'd have trade deals in place with the Raiders and Jets.

Under this scenario I see us having to make a pick, and i'd be fine with either QW or Allen. The starting line-up will be 'messy' with QW, but i'm fine drafting him for what he can do over his career. Things change fast in the NFL, so we won't see all these D-linemen for long. Wouldn't be surpised if Armstead is traded during the draft day, ala Trent Brown. I know we all want to trade Thomas, but he ain't worth a trade.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly on day two I wouldn't mind if they traded back in the 2nd and 3rd to pick up extra picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly on day two I wouldn't mind if they traded back in the 2nd and 3rd to pick up extra picks.

Since there appears to be enough WR's and FS's in the pool, ok with this too. However, if CB comes into play and there's somebody they really like.....draft him. I don't get the impression the CB pool is deep enough?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB pool isn't as deep as some but I think it's kind of once you get past a few most are more a less on the same level.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rnd 1) Bosa/QW. Pick one position, and the opposite may be in play in Rnd 2. Instead, I'll go...
Rnd 2) Best FS available...someone like Gardner-Johnson. A guard or WR might be considered.
Rnd 3) BPA type we didn't get in Rnd 2.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rnd 1) Bosa/QW. Pick one position, and the opposite may be in play in Rnd 2. Instead, I'll go...
Rnd 2) Best FS available...someone like Gardner-Johnson. A guard or WR might be considered.
Rnd 3) BPA type we didn't get in Rnd 2.

Round 1 - Looks like it'll be simple, draft Bosa. Also think once this is done, they trade Armstead ala Trent Brown.
Round 2 - Likely WR, but i'd be fine with FS.
Round 3 - FS. I liked Grant Cohn's evaluation, so i'll agree with Darnell Savage or Juan Thornbill. The instincts and angles are huge.
Round 4 - Will predict LB for depth, plus Alexander may not be ready for the opener.
Round 6 - Punter?
Round 6 - OG/C?

Would've liked to have added a OT prospect, but addressing these other positions first is fine. By the time you get to Round 6, don't think an OT is worth drafting?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they will move Thomas inside and it will come down to Armstead vs Thomas going forward. Thomas graded out pretty well playing inside on a limited basis. He can be an effective player there but will probably never live up to the status of a top 5 pick. Thomas is not a Leo. I think they played him there because they had no other options. Armstead played the LEO the year before and was ineffective there too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will move Thomas inside and it will come down to Armstead vs Thomas going forward. Thomas graded out pretty well playing inside on a limited basis. He can be an effective player there but will probably never live up to the status of a top 5 pick. Thomas is not a Leo. I think they played him there because they had no other options. Armstead played the LEO the year before and was ineffective there too.
Doesn't seem like the former leadership group drafted very well to fill the positions of need.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem like the former leadership group drafted very well to fill the positions of need.

LOL, if you are referring to Baalke they didn't fill any positions period. There are only a few holdovers left. It is pretty glaring when you see how many defensive players Baalke drafted and the team still has issues on defense.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, if you are referring to Baalke they didn't fill any positions period. There are only a few holdovers left. It is pretty glaring when you see how many defensive players Baalke drafted and the team still has issues on defense.
He seemed even more inept when it came to OG's

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed even more inept when it came to OG's

Thomas and Martin were two awful picks. Those are two of many. He drafted a bunch of cornerbacks and they are all gone except for Ward who hasn't been any good either. And it is not like those players went elsewhere and did anything either. They are either backups or out of the league

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas and Martin were two awful picks. Those are two of many. He drafted a bunch of cornerbacks and they are all gone except for Ward who hasn't been any good either. And it is not like those players went elsewhere and did anything either. They are either backups or out of the league
Yes, plenty of DB's who didn't make it