• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2019

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying they'll trade Armstread and only because he has value. Since we won't get much for Thomas, we might as well keep him. But we can all see the reason for it, just too many D-linemen.
He's Matt Millan... only with DL

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's Matt Millan... only with DL

Armstead was drafted for a different scheme, i recall Baalke kept saying "4-technique"? Not an excuse, just recalling.

Buckner was considered one of the top players in his entire class, not a hard decision after the first six were off the board.

Thomas just isn't it and that is all on Lynch/Shannahan.

Having this history shouldn't stop us from adding QW. If Bosa goes first, i'm fine with QW.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstead was drafted for a different scheme, i recall Baalke kept saying "4-technique"? Not an excuse, just recalling.

Buckner was considered one of the top players in his entire class, not a hard decision after the first six were off the board.

Thomas just isn't it and that is all on Lynch/Shannahan.

Having this history shouldn't stop us from adding QW. If Bosa goes first, i'm fine with QW.
Buckner was a no brainer
I recall telling my neighbor anyone but Armstrong. I'd rather have his teammate
I never understood the hype over Thomas and was agast when he went so high and to us
I heard he and Lynch took a class together at Stanford
Until we get it right I suppose

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Buckner was a no brainer
I recall telling my neighbor anyone but Armstrong. I'd rather have his teammate
I never understood the hype over Thomas and was agast when he went so high and to us
I heard he and Lynch took a class together at Stanford
Until we get it right I suppose

haaa, there's no choice, have to keep upgrading even if admitting your mistake. If QW is the clear value which it appears he is should Bosa go 1st, draft him.

There was a writer who said he is a little mis-cast in this scheme? Ok, i can buy it a little bit. Clearly, Thomas is a Lynch/Shannahan error any way you look at it. Don't think Thomas is a total waste, just that he was drafted way too high. He will likely be fine with his next team, difference is those fans won't have #3 overall expectations.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying they'll trade Armstread and only because he has value. Since we won't get much for Thomas, we might as well keep him. But we can all see the reason for it, just too many D-linemen.

I think the value in Thomas is he's younger, cheaper, more potential upside and at this stage won't cost as much as they aren't getting a 1st rounder for him probably a 4th is the best they can hope for.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haaa, there's no choice, have to keep upgrading even if admitting your mistake. If QW is the clear value which it appears he is should Bosa go 1st, draft him.

There was a writer who said he is a little mis-cast in this scheme? Ok, i can buy it a little bit. Clearly, Thomas is a Lynch/Shannahan error any way you look at it. Don't think Thomas is a total waste, just that he was drafted way too high. He will likely be fine with his next team, difference is those fans won't have #3 overall expectations.

A lot of people believe QW is the best player in the draft and a more transcendent talent.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kris Kocurek will have a lot to say about either AA or Thomas, regarding potential trades and fits in what he wants to do. I still believe that if Bosa is the pick, you move Thomas inside full time and run with DeeFo, DeFo, SoTo and NiBo.

If QW is the pick? All bets are off....

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray #1 leaving the 49ers with their pick of the defensive players

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Bosa shouldn't have a problem getting after the QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm not a fan of trading up into the 1st round, we'll see about 2-1/2 hours?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I want a small trade back in rounds two and/or three.

All depends on whom they decide to trade for. Most seem to want a WR in the second....I say I'd rather have more defense.

Ahhww shit. We got Bosa. They'd have to draft a backup long snapper to even attempt to down this night.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so pleased with the Bosa pick. We got the right guy. Even if something happens where by injury or shitty play he turns out to be a bust they made the right choice. They didn't fall for Arizona's amateur hour tricks pretending they weren't going after Murray hoping to get the 49ers to trade up to #1.
Well done 49ers.