• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2019

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Disruption up the middle isn’t the 49ers’ issue though. They actually did a decent job getting pressure inside this season. Their issues getting after the quarterback came when they failed to get someone around the edge, and they can’t afford to take a swing at an edge rusher in the later rounds. They need to draft one as early as possible to maximize the potential talent they’re getting at the position.

Wow, is it "they" or "Buckner"?

This article talks about a mock which has the 49ers taking Q. Williams. But at the end this writer says he can't imagine the 49ers will do this. I agree.

As much as QW is a top player, don't believe his value is high enough over the ER's?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenarios for SF in the 2019 draft:

1) Bosa. If he's there, take him. Period.

2) Some QB hungry team moves up and gives us so much in return for the #2, we might be able to still come away with a couple of high end edge rushers not named Bosa (I'm looking at you Polite and Burns....)

3) Bosa is gone, and no great deal? Simply take QW. There are no other players on his level, except for Bosa - at this moments...not counting combine blowups and stuff. - Him and Buckner on the inside would do what everyone envisioned Donald and Suh were gonna do this year. Collapse the pocket on the inside (which QB's hate more than pressure from the edge).

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenarios for SF in the 2019 draft:

1) Bosa. If he's there, take him. Period.

2) Some QB hungry team moves up and gives us so much in return for the #2, we might be able to still come away with a couple of high end edge rushers not named Bosa (I'm looking at you Polite and Burns....)

3) Bosa is gone, and no great deal? Simply take QW. There are no other players on his level, except for Bosa - at this moments...not counting combine blowups and stuff. - Him and Buckner on the inside would do what everyone envisioned Donald and Suh were gonna do this year. Collapse the pocket on the inside (which QB's hate more than pressure from the edge).

If it comes down to option #3 then they are likely taking an edge rusher in the second round. Then maybe corner in the third or trading back into the second to get a CB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it comes down to option #3 then they are likely taking an edge rusher in the second round. Then maybe corner in the third or trading back into the second to get a CB.

At this point, i tend to think similar to this, not same but similar. Cause i just haven't read enough to think QW's value is clearly higher than the other ER's? While i DO agree he is a top prospect and yes, he'd help us a lot, the other ER's seem to provide near value too.

Where i differ is that i don't think they'll wait till the 2nd round to take an ER. A small trade back is ideal, but at very least stay within the 1st round.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, QW's talent far surpasses any edge rusher/leo except for Bosa. I dunno who is the next guy after NB at the position, but there is a noticeable gap.

It also depends on free agency...if they say sign someone like Brandon Graham from the Eagles...but SF needs to get an edge rusher for the 2019 season, period. Multiple guys preferably. If it's in the draft, they can't settle while a bunch of guys fly off the board.....Lynch and co. will get ripped apart if they come up dry.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As of right now, QW's talent far surpasses any edge rusher/leo except for Bosa. I dunno who is the next guy after NB at the position, but there is a noticeable gap.

It also depends on free agency...if they say sign someone like Brandon Graham from the Eagles...but SF needs to get an edge rusher for the 2019 season, period. Multiple guys preferably. If it's in the draft, they can't settle while a bunch of guys fly off the board.....Lynch and co. will get ripped apart if they come up dry.

Your opinion on QW is fine, but it is just your opinion.

For me, i'll just keep reading the tons of draft articles from here to April. Maybe....MAYBE enough information comes out, to make me change my mind?

But as of now, Josh Allen and Clellin Ferrell look good too as top 5 picks. Haven't read enough on others?

Agree if they sign a quality ER in free agency, then draft an ER (or SAM) in round 2. If we sign a "less than top" ER in free agency, we still draft another in Round 1. I expect we'll do the latter.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion on QW is fine, but it is just your opinion.

For me, i'll just keep reading the tons of draft articles from here to April. Maybe....MAYBE enough information comes out, to make me change my mind?

But as of now, Josh Allen and Clellin Ferrell look good too as top 5 picks. Haven't read enough on others?

Agree if they sign a quality ER in free agency, then draft an ER (or SAM) in round 2. If we sign a "less than top" ER in free agency, we still draft another in Round 1. I expect we'll do the latter.

It is not just my opinion. It's the opinion, as of now, guys who are starting to study them, watching all 22 film, etc. PFF ranks him as the best player in college last year, I believe. Again....as per my post #2, it's Bosa/trade/QW in that order. As of right now, if it came down to the third choice, it's an easy one.....QW.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is not just my opinion. It's the opinion, as of now, guys who are starting to study them, watching all 22 film, etc. PFF ranks him as the best player in college last year, I believe. Again....as per my post #2, it's Bosa/trade/QW in that order. As of right now, if it came down to the third choice, it's an easy one.....QW.

Yeah, so these other guys opinions are also "as of now", and are just starting to study. So same response as for you, their opinion is ok but it is just their early opinion.

ALL opinions "as of now", aren't complete opinions for me. What i mean about 'aren't complete', is that the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Days have yet to take place. So there is more information for everyone to study. If after the Combine all these opinions remain the same, then i might change my mind?

Trust me, i'm for value and if it turns out QW is the clear value, ok to draft him. Cause this isn't fantasy football where you draft for one season, you have to draft the maximum talent possible. Things change fast in the NFL, so while it isn't the biggest need today, it will be tomorrow.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so these other guys opinions are also "as of now", and are just starting to study. So same response as for you, their opinion is ok but it is just their early opinion.

ALL opinions "as of now", aren't complete opinions for me. What i mean about 'aren't complete', is that the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Days have yet to take place. So there is more information for everyone to study. If after the Combine all these opinions remain the same, then i might change my mind?

Trust me, i'm for value and if it turns out QW is the clear value, ok to draft him. Cause this isn't fantasy football where you draft for one season, you have to draft the maximum talent possible. Things change fast in the NFL, so while it isn't the biggest need today, it will be tomorrow.

Which is why I said 'as of now.' Right now...if the draft were held today and Bosa was gone and there was no good deal in place for SF....the pick should be Q. Williams. There is no other ER close enough to justify a pick @ 2.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which is why I said 'as of now.' Right now...if the draft were held today and Bosa was gone and there was no good deal in place for SF....the pick should be Q. Williams. There is no other ER close enough to justify a pick @ 2.

Ok, since you said it isnt just your opinion, post articles where others say this?

BTW - i'm not saying this is wrong, all i said was your opinion is fine but mine is i'll wait and see.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, since you said it isnt just your opinion, post articles where others say this?

BTW - i'm not saying this is wrong, all i said was your opinion is fine but mine is i'll wait and see.

While this isn't a direct quote, it somewhat leads a picture. The comparison is between Bosa and some of the best ER's of the last 5 plus years to come out....and J. Ledyard is a pretty good source:

Comparing Nick Bosa To Recent Elite Edge Prospects - The Draft Network

I ain't finding comparisons between...say...Josh Allen and those absolute elite edge rushers.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Joey Bosa DE/OLB Ohio St
2)Amani Oruwariye Cb Penn St
3) T.J Hockenson TE Iowa

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm fine Williams at #2 he is that good but they will need to move up to get an edge rusher as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While this isn't a direct quote, it somewhat leads a picture. The comparison is between Bosa and some of the best ER's of the last 5 plus years to come out....and J. Ledyard is a pretty good source:

Comparing Nick Bosa To Recent Elite Edge Prospects - The Draft Network

I ain't finding comparisons between...say...Josh Allen and those absolute elite edge rushers.

Ok, i'll buy this writer implying Bosa is above the rest.....for now. But we'll see if others climb up later?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly I'm fine Williams at #2 he is that good but they will need to move up to get an edge rusher as well.

I know we go with maximum value and if QW is it, then that's it.

General comment on moving up, this is a tricky thing with no guarantees. There might not be a team interested in trading down OR, they will ask for more in the deal. Not to mention there might not be an ER who REALLY fits our D? I've mentioned this possibility too, but lets just hope we get our ER up high and not get into this situation.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go

1) ER
2) SAM
3) CB
With my 3 ...rounder It's early and subject to change
It's a mistake to marry a pick to a position in that way

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With my 3 ...rounder It's early and subject to change
It's a mistake to marry a pick to a position in that way

i know.

i'm for maximum value but we fans really don't know who TRULY is max value for this team? So all we can go by on this board is Need. That is fine for message boards, so just saying i know.

If we start posting actual names, that is fine for this boar too, but everyone has his own opinion on each prospect.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know.

i'm for maximum value but we fans really don't know who TRULY is max value for this team? So all we can go by on this board is Need. That is fine for message boards, so just saying i know.

If we start posting actual names, that is fine for this boar too, but everyone has his own opinion on each prospect.
But of course