• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2019

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 - Looks like it'll be simple, draft Bosa. Also think once this is done, they trade Armstead ala Trent Brown.
Round 2 - Likely WR, but i'd be fine with FS.
Round 3 - FS. I liked Grant Cohn's evaluation, so i'll agree with Darnell Savage or Juan Thornbill. The instincts and angles are huge.
Round 4 - Will predict LB for depth, plus Alexander may not be ready for the opener.
Round 6 - Punter?
Round 6 - OG/C?

Would've liked to have added a OT prospect, but addressing these other positions first is fine. By the time you get to Round 6, don't think an OT is worth drafting?

These are two needs that need to be addressed which is why I can easily see a trade back in the middle rounds to gain picks to take a project tackle and a guard that could push the starters or provide solid depth in the very least.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These are two needs that need to be addressed which is why I can easily see a trade back in the middle rounds to gain picks to take a project tackle and a guard that could push the starters or provide solid depth in the very least.

Ok with a SMALL down in rounds 2 or 3, but wouldn't go too far down. Reason is i'd rather get one better O-line prospect, over two 'projects'.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok with a SMALL down in rounds 2 or 3, but wouldn't go too far down. Reason is i'd rather get one better O-line prospect, over two 'projects'.

I agree I didn't want them to move down much in either or both rounds but at this point I would say the tackle could more of the project and the interior the better prospect. I feel that way because even though Staley is older he and McGlinchey are a very good tandem.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/201...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

can't agree with this mock, don't see the 49ers trading up into the 1st round. this class is supposedly deep with talent, so why give up draft capital? If anything, we'd trade down from #36.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have to agree can't see a trade up but I suppose they could if a great player dropped in the draft.

I read an article yesterday (sorry didn't save it) which says the "elite" talent pool isn't deep. The good talent pool goes into Round 3, but there isn't a lot of elite guys. The point of that article is that unless you trade up into the 'top 10', doesn't make sense to trade up. The difference between late 1st and early 3rd isn't enough to warrant a trade up.

It did assume the team trading up gives up value, or looked the other way, a team doesn't take less to move down.

IF this article is correct, can't see a 'great player' falling too far? There just aren't enough of them. That said, QB's are another matter. If a QB falls to late 1st, someone might want to trade up to get him? He won't be a 'great player', but QB's are a different animal.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article yesterday (sorry didn't save it) which says the "elite" talent pool isn't deep. The good talent pool goes into Round 3, but there isn't a lot of elite guys. The point of that article is that unless you trade up into the 'top 10', doesn't make sense to trade up. The difference between late 1st and early 3rd isn't enough to warrant a trade up.

It did assume the team trading up gives up value, or looked the other way, a team doesn't take less to move down.

IF this article is correct, can't see a 'great player' falling too far? There just aren't enough of them. That said, QB's are another matter. If a QB falls to late 1st, someone might want to trade up to get him? He won't be a 'great player', but QB's are a different animal.

That is basically the talent level at CB a few guys that will go in the 1st round like Williams and Baker maybe one more and the rest are 2nd and 3rd round or later types with very little separating them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is basically the talent level at CB a few guys that will go in the 1st round like Williams and Baker maybe one more and the rest are 2nd and 3rd round or later types with very little separating them.

Yes, one of the examples. Another is FS and another is WR. More than enough good talent to reach Round 3.

Another spot is ER, some decent ones falling to Round 2.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Gould is traded, then obviously we add one more draft pick. Even if it is for 2019 draft, don't feel we have to draft a PK. There must be more than a few NFL experienced kickers to sign.

Not saying that is the permanent or best move, but if there still position players worth drafting, draft him instead.

what would we get for Gould in a trade, a 7th? Maybe a 6th? Can't see another team giving up more than a 6th.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gould is traded, then obviously we add one more draft pick. Even if it is for 2019 draft, don't feel we have to draft a PK. There must be more than a few NFL experienced kickers to sign.

Not saying that is the permanent or best move, but if there still position players worth drafting, draft him instead.

what would we get for Gould in a trade, a 7th? Maybe a 6th? Can't see another team giving up more than a 6th.

With how the Bears lost in the playoffs they might give up a little more:heh:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it isn't the only question see Reuben Foster but his political views sure as hell isn't a factor to me.
Nor should they be. If it wasn't the ridiculous city of San Francisco they wouldn't matter.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all goes well, tonight, SF will deliver the baby:shrug:

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00