• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2019

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, it looks like the average grade SF gets from all the 'experts' around the web n such is a 'B.' Perhaps our draft is better than I originally thought (admittedly, I'm not a huge follower of college football) but maybe it's also taking into consideration that Bosa alone carries the weight of the draft.

Still won't budge on the punter pick. Dude better be Ray Guy times infinite plus...and still kicking for SF in 2035.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, it looks like the average grade SF gets from all the 'experts' around the web n such is a 'B.' Perhaps our draft is better than I originally thought (admittedly, I'm not a huge follower of college football) but maybe it's also taking into consideration that Bosa alone carries the weight of the draft.

Still won't budge on the punter pick. Dude better be Ray Guy times infinite plus...and still kicking for SF in 2035.

He did win the Ray Guy award for what that's worth

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that nice
Lets all give him the punters salute
giphy.gif

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...I read that. Dude still needs to be a field-flipping game changer, with a howitzer type leg when SF is pinned deep in it's own end for me to even entertain the notion that it was worth it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I read that. Dude still needs to be a field-flipping game changer, with a howitzer type leg when SF is pinned deep in it's own end for me to even entertain the notion that it was worth it.

Oh I agree and even then I doubt it would have been worth it. I would have preferred they traded back once or twice more.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/commentary/2069-49ers-made-right-choice-punter-wishnowsky/

Although we didn't like the pick in Round 4 (too early), this DOES make sense.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about redzone play similar to NE, line up 1 TE near G and either play action or run. They used Gronk though!?:)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all know we can move the ball between the 20's, but we can't get enough TD's. Hurd will likely be huge in the RZ whether using his size on a short pass, or running it in.

You can't leave Samuel one on one, which opens it up for others.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the pick of Bosa alone, if he can stay healthy, makes it a good draft even though all the other picks are suspect.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all know we can move the ball between the 20's, but we can't get enough TD's. Hurd will likely be huge in the RZ whether using his size on a short pass, or running it in.

You can't leave Samuel one on one, which opens it up for others.
If we use the right sets and receivers there will always be at least 1 open every play, similar to the Rams!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/125231-george-kittle-looks-benefit-arrival-deebo/

Yes, Deebo Samuel will be a big help in the RZ, the area we need the most help.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just the pick of Bosa alone, if he can stay healthy, makes it a good draft even though all the other picks are suspect.

Yes, as long as Bosa plays as projected, this team takes a step up immediately. Not totally liking this class, but as i'm reading more, it isn't as bad as I first felt.

Don't think the other actual picks are suspect, certainly not Deebo Samuel? Maybe Hurd is but the more you read, the more you see how he'll help this offense. We ALL know how bad our RZ offense has been.

The complaints for Wisnowsky is that he was drafted too early. We don't have a punter, he's the best last three years, so it makes sense we should draft him. I also think it was a little early but as long as he pans out, it'll be worth it over drafting a back-up FS or CB.

Dre Greenlaw doesn't have prototypical size, but looks like he has a chance to become a solid back-up? Today's NFL is about quickness and coverage, and he does look like he can do this too? Are you being influence by prototypical height?

Also think its a LITTLE unfair judging 6th round picks as though they're supposed to be starters? These late picks are still on the board for various reasons. They're expected to be good back-ups, not starting FS or starting CB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we use the right sets and receivers there will always be at least 1 open every play, similar to the Rams!

Yes, not only open but open more quickly. This helps the QB and pass protection.

But again, we weren't that bad between the 20's even with last year's personnel. So that's why i keep thinking of the RZ. No doubt Samuel helps here and you can picture how Hurd will make a difference with his RB background. Even as a RB threat, he'll help our RZ offense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as long as Bosa plays as projected, this team takes a step up immediately. Not totally liking this class, but as i'm reading more, it isn't as bad as I first felt.

Don't think the other actual picks are suspect, certainly not Deebo Samuel? Maybe Hurd is but the more you read, the more you see how he'll help this offense. We ALL know how bad our RZ offense has been.

The complaints for Wisnowsky is that he was drafted too early. We don't have a punter, he's the best last three years, so it makes sense we should draft him. I also think it was a little early but as long as he pans out, it'll be worth it over drafting a back-up FS or CB.

Dre Greenlaw doesn't have prototypical size, but looks like he has a chance to become a solid back-up? Today's NFL is about quickness and coverage, and he does look like he can do this too? Are you being influence by prototypical height?

Also think its a LITTLE unfair judging 6th round picks as though they're supposed to be starters? These late picks are still on the board for various reasons. They're expected to be good back-ups, not starting FS or starting CB.
Wishnowsky handles the kickoffs too so that saves a roster spot

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wishnowsky handles the kickoffs too so that saves a roster spot

???

Definitely a positive that Wisnowsky can also kick-off, but even if he didn't we wouldn't use another roster spot? The PK would do it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Definitely a positive that Wisnowsky can also kick-off, but even if he didn't we wouldn't use another roster spot? The PK would do it.
Seems like Gould can't or won't do it because Pinion did the kickoffs when he was here.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like Gould can't or won't do it because Pinion did the kickoffs when he was here.

Yes, kicking off is another good reason to draft Wisnowsky, no doubt. But having Wisnowski or formerly Pinion kick off, doesn't save a roster spot.

Wisnowski tested well for a Punter, maybe he helps with coverage too? Not saying he'll make tackles, but should the returner get in the open, seems Wisnoski might have enough athleticism to re-direct or otherwise slow him down?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...-49ers-decision-draft-mitch-wishnowski-round/

It is still questionable drafting Wishnowski mid-4th, but at least there are other factors to ease our minds......a little. Although not big factors, being a good holder is defintely good, and having the threat of a fake is good too.

Like all other picks, if he pans out to what they think, it'll be worth it. Pinion was considered too high in Round 5, but think he easily met his draft status.