• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2019

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the jury is still out on this year's draft. I like what I see from Samuel; he looks like he could be a good one. Hurd is still a question mark; looks like the type of big receiver they need but extremely injury prone. Bad backs on 20 year olds are not a good sign. The punter; solid pick so far. Still up in the air on Bosa because he has been nicked up. Looks pretty unimpressive so far but I'll wait til he's fully healed and if he then pulls another disappearing act in Cleveland like he did on Sunday then I might start talking "bust". He might look better when healthy; we'll see. Skule, so far so good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So far the jury is still out on this year's draft. I like what I see from Samuel; he looks like he could be a good one. Hurd is still a question mark; looks like the type of big receiver they need but extremely injury prone. Bad backs on 20 year olds are not a good sign. The punter; solid pick so far. Still up in the air on Bosa because he has been nicked up. Looks pretty unimpressive so far but I'll wait til he's fully healed and if he then pulls another disappearing act in Cleveland like he did on Sunday then I might start talking "bust". He might look better when healthy; we'll see. Skule, so far so good.

Prior to the season i kept saying these two guys will help the RZ too. One area that was bad last season. Unfortunately, we won't see Hurd just yet. Does Deebo help the red zone offense? Too early to tell.

Have to say i'm pleasantly surprised at Bosa? We knew he'd make an impact but i didn't think so soon. Reason is he didn't play much his last season at Ohio St.

You forgot to mention Dre Greenlaw, who has certainly outperformed his draft status. You don't normally expect a 5th rounder to play much.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the season i kept saying these two guys will help the RZ too. One area that was bad last season. Unfortunately, we won't see Hurd just yet. Does Deebo help the red zone offense? Too early to tell.

Have to say i'm pleasantly surprised at Bosa? We knew he'd make an impact but i didn't think so soon. Reason is he didn't play much his last season at Ohio St.

You forgot to mention Dre Greenlaw, who has certainly outperformed his draft status. You don't normally expect a 5th rounder to play much.
Definitely. He's a good tackler and is fast. I have to say though that in the pre-season the thing that stood out most to me about him was how easily he was fooled by play action. I haven't noticed that in the regular season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/201...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

The 49er's will draft for value anyway, not Need. But we fans and pundits will never know who's the value for our schemes? All we can do is talk about Need as though value and need meets.

Anyway, as it stands now i'd think we'll need an LT first of all. A top C or OG will work too if really excellent value.

If no value in O-line, fine with CB next.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 NFL mock draft: 49ers needs still unclear

The 49er's will draft for value anyway, not Need. But we fans and pundits will never know who's the value for our schemes? All we can do is talk about Need as though value and need meets.

Anyway, as it stands now i'd think we'll need an LT first of all. A top C or OG will work too if really excellent value.

If no value in O-line, fine with CB next.

Or elite FS I think you have to add that too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boy if Justin Skule keeps this up..................

Not to say he's an "All-Pro", but seems to be a solid back-up? Thats good for a 6th round pick and considering the position he plays.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AJ Green maybe for lower pick;s would really help the WRs

Just don't see us trading for a WR?

Shanahan already needs to get more looks to Pettis cause he needs to get better! Then once Taylor and Hurd returns, he needs to get them their share of looks too.

In the big picture, our scheme is effective because you don't know who's going to catch it? So even if we add AJ Green, we're not going to throw to him enough times. That WR waiting in the wings is already Jordan Mathews.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line and secondary.

That is all.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be persuaded to take a WR as well

Nope....SF has invested in WR in the early rounds of the last two drafts. The return hasn't been great, but the point to hammer home is that this team is set up for now. The 49ers don't need a #1 receiver....just get a guy or two who can be depended upon to run the correct route and make a catch. That is all I ask for.

I'll be somewhat upset if they went back to the WR well early in the draft next year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....SF has invested in WR in the early rounds of the last two drafts. The return hasn't been great, but the point to hammer home is that this team is set up for now. The 49ers don't need a #1 receiver....just get a guy or two who can be depended upon to run the correct route and make a catch. That is all I ask for.

I'll be somewhat upset if they went back to the WR well early in the draft next year.

I didn't post take one early. I think secondary and offensive line early and then I could understand a WR no earlier than the third or fourth round.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't post take one early. I think secondary and offensive line early and then I could understand a WR no earlier than the third or fourth round.

I think SF needs to see what they actually have with the guys on the roster, plus the fact that they carried 7 guys onto the final roster. Still plenty of time to find out about Samuel, Hurd, Pettis....but admittedly, the group as a whole are wearing my patience thin. Said it before and I'll say it again....this offense doesn't need a top flight #1 WR...all it needs are guys who can consistently run their patterns, and make catches...ie no drops/poor routes/failure to grasp the offense/etc.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think SF needs to see what they actually have with the guys on the roster, plus the fact that they carried 7 guys onto the final roster. Still plenty of time to find out about Samuel, Hurd, Pettis....but admittedly, the group as a whole are wearing my patience thin. Said it before and I'll say it again....this offense doesn't need a top flight #1 WR...all it needs are guys who can consistently run their patterns, and make catches...ie no drops/poor routes/failure to grasp the offense/etc.

They need someone to replace Goodwin, that deep threat who CAN catch the ball. He had a good year two season ago, but now has the dropsy's again. Someone to fill Goodwin's role shouldn't cost a lot of draft capital. This isn't someone who'll be in on all offensive plays.

Not saying we never need someone like that, who will be playing all the downs.....we do. But am saying don't give up a lot of draft capital right now. IF the asking price is 1st rounders or even 2nd rounders, i wouldn't trade.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need someone to replace Goodwin, that deep threat who CAN catch the ball. He had a good year two season ago, but now has the dropsy's again. Someone to fill Goodwin's role shouldn't cost a lot of draft capital. This isn't someone who'll be in on all offensive plays.

Not saying we never need someone like that, who will be playing all the downs.....we do. But am saying don't give up a lot of draft capital right now. IF the asking price is 1st rounders or even 2nd rounders, i wouldn't trade.

There has been a lot of chatter about Sanders of Denver and AJ Green come the trade deadline. It's not that I'm against it altogether...it's just that the position really isn't that important in what Shanahan does....and yet nobody has separated themselves. Goodwin's play is almost invisible, and realistically, his only asset has been his speed to draw defender(s) deep to open up the underneath stuff.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There has been a lot of chatter about Sanders of Denver and AJ Green come the trade deadline. It's not that I'm against it altogether...it's just that the position really isn't that important in what Shanahan does....and yet nobody has separated themselves. Goodwin's play is almost invisible, and realistically, his only asset has been his speed to draw defender(s) deep to open up the underneath stuff.

Yes, i agree with this.

Goodwin had an opportunity last week for a long ball, but he didn't just drop it, it went right thru his 'bread basket'. He isn't a 'natural' pass catcher, but a speed guy. Anyway, isn't he leaving soon for the Olympics?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, i agree with this.

Goodwin had an opportunity last week for a long ball, but he didn't just drop it, it went right thru his 'bread basket'. He isn't a 'natural' pass catcher, but a speed guy. Anyway, isn't he leaving soon for the Olympics?

I want to see how Hurd, Samuel, and Taylor fuction with Garoppolo for an extended period of time....which may never happen. The only true burner at wideout is Goodwin, and he's looking more and more likely to be expendable. Without a second rounder next year, I just don't think SF has real draft capitol to spend on another receiver, whether it's a trade or a selection.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, i agree with this.

That was also a poorly thrown ball. He was wide open running down the field. Had Jimmy G hit him in stride it was 6 points