• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

doug williams on Rg3's leadership

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, smiling isn't leadership.

First in the film room...studying film and the playbook...last to leave...helping others realize exactly where you want them and when you want them there...that is leadership.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True leaders are willing to take the blame when things go wrong, and give the credit to their TEAM when things go right. When boy learns that, maybe he will be considered a leader and not just the guy who is considered the face of the franchise because we gave up so much to get him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True leaders are willing to take the blame when things go wrong, and give the credit to their TEAM when things go right. When boy learns that, maybe he will be considered a leader and not just the guy who is considered the face of the franchise because we gave up so much to get him.

i am sure doug williams knows nothing about leadership

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sure doug williams knows nothing about leadership

Im sure he does, and Einstein knew about Physics and Atoms. But no matter how well the teacher knows the subject, if the student thinks he knows it all, rarely will he learn the lessons being taught.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure he does, and Einstein knew about Physics and Atoms. But no matter how well the teacher knows the subject, if the student thinks he knows it all, rarely will he learn the lessons being taught.

and we derived this from the student how again ? because a 22 yr old didnt handle the press well ?

the one thing that is always said about RG3 by his coaches and teammates are his leadership qualities again backed up by doug williams , the guy several posters think should be rg3's mentor

see i think we cling to the presser as a way to bash him but ignore the facts that his teammates voted him to a leadership position and also voted for him for the courage award

certainly the actions by these players indicate that RG3 does in fact have good leadership qualities because i cant see how they would bestow such honors on him if he were a spoiled diva you make him out to be

but wait , the more logical negative out look is dan snyder called the team in and said "i will cut and blackball any player who doesnt fall in lockstep with my new boy toy and they must bow and worship at my feet with RG3 on my right side because i have all the money and all of you are pawns in my game

so yeah shark , you are right , Rg3 sucks

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we derived this from the student how again ? because a 22 yr old didnt handle the press well ?

the one thing that is always said about RG3 by his coaches and teammates are his leadership qualities again backed up by doug williams , the guy several posters think should be rg3's mentor

see i think we cling to the presser as a way to bash him but ignore the facts that his teammates voted him to a leadership position and also voted for him for the courage award

certainly the actions by these players indicate that RG3 does in fact have good leadership qualities because i cant see how they would bestow such honors on him if he were a spoiled diva you make him out to be

but wait , the more logical negative out look is dan snyder called the team in and said "i will cut and blackball any player who doesnt fall in lockstep with my new boy toy and they must bow and worship at my feet with RG3 on my right side because i have all the money and all of you are pawns in my game

so yeah shark , you are right , Rg3 sucks

Never said he sucked. I just dont buy into the sainthood you and many others have bestowed on him. I do think when millions of dollars are at stake and a Coach has already been fired, players are not dumb enough to pick a fight they cant win. And its easy to be seen as a leader and a good team mate when things are going smooth. But when things go bad and you start the it wasnt my fault agenda.. .to me thats not a leader, its a politician.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he sucked. I just dont buy into the sainthood you and many others have bestowed on him. I do think when millions of dollars are at stake and a Coach has already been fired, players are not dumb enough to pick a fight they cant win. And its easy to be seen as a leader and a good team mate when things are going smooth. But when things go bad and you start the it wasnt my fault agenda.. .to me thats not a leader, its a politician.

and i have never been quoted as saying RG3 is a saint

i dont buy the player wont pick a fight they cant win BS either . we have plenty of players who cant stop flapping their soup coolers on or off the field

and things certainly werent smooth in either of Rg3's campaigns . he went 3-6 his first 9 starts

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leadership shines through on the field because most players are smart enough not to question the leadership of their QB in the press.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leadership is not inherent by promotion, nor is it guaranteed. In this case it is NOW a requirement of the position because of fiat and cash cows. There is no reason to think that this young man cannot become the leader of men that we all hope for, however, in the meantime let's not confuse "leading the team" with "being a leader"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line - it is all about results. If the Skins win more games & RG3 has good numbers & starts to address his shortcomings who will really care what he says in press conferences? It was magnified last season mainly because both the Redskins and RG3 were really bad.

This is a major opportunity for RG3. He has a new coach, an entire offseason to dedicate to improving his game and at least a somewhat upgraded offense & team. Let's put the past behind us & see if the guy is up to the challenge. Then - perhaps he will be viewed as more of a leader (even if not - better results work for me).

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark, a little FYI on RG3.

"Griffin graduated from high school a semester early, after serving as class president and ranking seventh in his class. He began attending Baylor University during the spring 2008 semester when he was 17 years old. As a member of Baylor's track and field team, Griffin finished in first place in the 400-meter hurdles at both the Big 12 Conference Championship and the NCAA Midwest Regional Championship meets; he also broke the NCAA Midwest Regional 400-meter hurdles record. He placed third in the NCAA meet and also participated in the U.S. Olympic Trials, in which he advanced to the semifinals.Griffin graduated in three years with a bachelor's degree in political science and a 3.67 GPA, while appearing on the dean's list twice. During his final year of college sports eligibility, he was studying for a master's degree in communications."

This is not a resume from a kid who is tagged as a..."know it all."

HTTR!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, a little FYI on RG3.

"Griffin graduated from high school a semester early, after serving as class president and ranking seventh in his class. He began attending Baylor University during the spring 2008 semester when he was 17 years old. As a member of Baylor's track and field team, Griffin finished in first place in the 400-meter hurdles at both the Big 12 Conference Championship and the NCAA Midwest Regional Championship meets; he also broke the NCAA Midwest Regional 400-meter hurdles record. He placed third in the NCAA meet and also participated in the U.S. Olympic Trials, in which he advanced to the semifinals.Griffin graduated in three years with a bachelor's degree in political science and a 3.67 GPA, while appearing on the dean's list twice. During his final year of college sports eligibility, he was studying for a master's degree in communications."

This is not a resume from a kid who is tagged as a..."know it all."

HTTR!

MItz... the whole point of the original post was pointing out how RG3 was being instructed on how to be a leader by Doug Williams. You can be one of the smartest people on the planet and not be a Leader. In fact some of the best Leaders of men I have ever known, I mean true leaders, never graduated HS. And yet these men were true leaders. You cant teach the kind of leadership Im talking about. It cant be bestowed upon you because of your draft position, rank, or political title. Much as I say a guy doesnt become a franchise QB just because the team took it up the ass to get him, a guy isnt a leader just because the team says he is the leader.

Side note, actually his resume reads like a guy who thinks he knows it all because he was such an over achiever compared to every one else. People like that usually do tend to think they know it all and are above reproach because they have usually been told they are just that good.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does shark attack rg3 all the time. My god shark rg3 is the best qb we had since theisaman I will not count 1 year wonders rypien, williams, I predict'shark will be eating crow meat all year when the season starts. He will get so fat off of crow relax shark rg3 is a beast :suds:

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskins fan, nothing but love for Doug Williams. But, Doug Williams has ZERO experience as to what is like to be the "face of the franchise" in today's sports arena. In fact, none of the older guys do. This is the BRAND NEW digital age of sports, and "face of the franchise" guys like RG3 and Luck are the guinea pigs of this era...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does shark attack rg3 all the time. My god shark rg3 is the best qb we had since theisaman I will not count 1 year wonders rypien, williams, I predict'shark will be eating crow meat all year when the season starts. He will get so fat off of crow relax shark rg3 is a beast :suds:

When he proves he is as good as you guys think, I will admit it. But the whole above reproach sainted RG3 thing is rather irritating. I think we made a mistake trading for him. And one Division title followed by a 3-13 season where he came off like a spoiled brat doesnt do it for me. Sorry dude. I expect more from a guy we gave up half a draft for. He proclaimed himself 100%, so I dont give him a pass on the injury. I dont give him a pass for youth because Im sorry at 23 you are considered an adult and if you want to be treated as such, act like an adult. To me right now he is Mike Vick without all the dog fighting issues.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont'think rg3 is a'saint but by god he is close

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MItz... the whole point of the original post was pointing out how RG3 was being instructed on how to be a leader by Doug Williams. You can be one of the smartest people on the planet and not be a Leader. In fact some of the best Leaders of men I have ever known, I mean true leaders, never graduated HS. And yet these men were true leaders. You cant teach the kind of leadership Im talking about. It cant be bestowed upon you because of your draft position, rank, or political title. Much as I say a guy doesnt become a franchise QB just because the team took it up the ass to get him, a guy isnt a leader just because the team says he is the leader.

Side note, actually his resume reads like a guy who thinks he knows it all because he was such an over achiever compared to every one else. People like that usually do tend to think they know it all and are above reproach because they have usually been told they are just that good.

Do you not believe that RG3 is a "leader"? How hard is it to come in to the NFL with all the hype, and then gain the respect of the other members of the team by your work ethic to be selected as a " team captain" in your rookie season?

C'mon Shark!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he proves he is as good as you guys think, I will admit it. But the whole above reproach sainted RG3 thing is rather irritating. I think we made a mistake trading for him. And one Division title followed by a 3-13 season where he came off like a spoiled brat doesnt do it for me. Sorry dude. I expect more from a guy we gave up half a draft for. He proclaimed himself 100%, so I dont give him a pass on the injury. I dont give him a pass for youth because Im sorry at 23 you are considered an adult and if you want to be treated as such, act like an adult. To me right now he is Mike Vick without all the dog fighting issues.
half a'draft? Please clear that up

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not believe that RG3 is a "leader"? How hard is it to come in to the NFL with all the hype, and then gain the respect of the other members of the team by your work ethic to be selected as a " team captain" in your rookie season?

C'mon Shark!

Come on man, team Captain?? Ryan Leaf was a team Captain at one point. So was JaMarcus Russell and Andre Ware I do believe. to me he lost the title of leader when he started pointing fingers for losses at his WR's, coaches and O-line in a public forum. Real leaders keep shit like that in house. A real team leader does NOT feed into stuff that likely will get his coach fired. to me at least a real leader would not have pushed to start if he wasnt ready to the detriment of the rest of the team.