• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Jonah Williams

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any takers...
In the wake of the Orlando Brown signing, #Bengals OT Jonah Williams has requested a trade through his agent Ryan Tollner, sources say. Just 25 years old with 47 career starts at LT protecting Joe Burrow, Williams becomes the top tackle available if Cincy is willing to move on.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any takers...
In the wake of the Orlando Brown signing, #Bengals OT Jonah Williams has requested a trade through his agent Ryan Tollner, sources say. Just 25 years old with 47 career starts at LT protecting Joe Burrow, Williams becomes the top tackle available if Cincy is willing to move on.
Saw that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is in the final year of his rookie deal and would have to be extended first of all.

According to spotrac, his market value is 15 million and his rating is just below average, giving up fewer hurries but more sacks than average. Williams gave up 12 sacks in 2022 according to PFF and had a rating of just 61, which may be the reason the Bengals went after Brown.

Now consider what Williams would be looking for as he is set to make 12 million this season. Do you think he will accept less money that that?

Then consider what Cincinnati will be looking for in return. I expect they would want at least a second rounder, likely a first for him.

Are we willing to give that up or just draft a rookie?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's been a solid player but brittle and made of glass

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is in the final year of his rookie deal and would have to be extended first of all.

According to spotrac, his market value is 15 million and his rating is just below average, giving up fewer hurries but more sacks than average. Williams gave up 12 sacks in 2022 according to PFF and had a rating of just 61, which may be the reason the Bengals went after Brown.

Now consider what Williams would be looking for as he is set to make 12 million this season. Do you think he will accept less money that that?

Then consider what Cincinnati will be looking for in return. I expect they would want at least a second rounder, likely a first for him.

Well, the RT we just threw money at gave up 9 sacks last year so maybe we can make them a tandem that gives up 21 sacks per year all together! Lol...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the RT we just threw money at gave up 9 sacks last year so maybe we can make them a tandem that gives up 21 sacks per year all together! Lol...

Well, I already quoted a stat that based on 3.5 seconds, Wylie is far better than the 9 sacks. Many of those sacks are on Mahomes extending plays.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's been a solid player but brittle and made of glass
Made of glass? He missed 2 of CIncy's playoff games this year b/c he dislocated his kneecap in the Bmore game. But otherwise, he's been rather durable. As a rookie he started all 10 games he played in. He started 16 games each of the last 2 seasons.

I be much more worried about his propensity to give up sacks.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made of glass? He missed 2 of CIncy's playoff games this year b/c he dislocated his kneecap in the Bmore game. But otherwise, he's been rather durable. As a rookie he started all 10 games he played in. He started 16 games each of the last 2 seasons.

I be much more worried about his propensity to give up sacks.

He actually didn’t play his rookie season because of a torn labrum in OTAs 2019.

In 2020, he missed 2 of the first 12 games with an injury before suffering a knee injury in week 14, ending that season.

So, other than those 22 games he missed in his first four years, he has been healthy.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually didn’t play his rookie season because of a torn labrum in OTAs 2019.

In 2020, he missed 2 of the first 12 games with an injury before suffering a knee injury in week 14, ending that season.

So, other than those 22 games he missed in his first four years, he has been healthy.

Yeah no slight Niner Outlaw but this is the history that concerns me. Thx GK

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I already quoted a stat that based on 3.5 seconds, Wylie is far better than the 9 sacks. Many of those sacks are on Mahomes extending plays.
I believe both players are better than the numbers would indicate. There is no way we fit Williams in with our cap situation any how. I still feel Wylie will make a better guard than tackle and we draft right OT this year after our trade down from #16. Or, just draft your Guard this year in round 2 or later.

LT: Leno, Lucas
LG: Wylie, Norwell
C: Gates or Larsen
RG: Cosmi, Charles
RT: Wright, Himmelman

OR

LT: Leno, Lucas
LG: Avila, Norwell
C: Gates or Larsen
RG: Cosmi, Charles
RT: Wylie, Himmelman

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$15 million for a slightly below OT? Does that sound like a solid move to you?