• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

doug williams on Rg3's leadership

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought a rg3 football starting lineup action figure for 10 dollares last week when'he takes us to the superbowl and wins I'm selling it for 50 or higher buy low sell high so I'm backing my investment

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he proves he is as good as you guys think, I will admit it. But the whole above reproach sainted RG3 thing is rather irritating. I think we made a mistake trading for him. And one Division title followed by a 3-13 season where he came off like a spoiled brat doesnt do it for me. Sorry dude. I expect more from a guy we gave up half a draft for. He proclaimed himself 100%, so I dont give him a pass on the injury. I dont give him a pass for youth because Im sorry at 23 you are considered an adult and if you want to be treated as such, act like an adult. To me right now he is Mike Vick without all the dog fighting issues.

Great Shark, RG3 did everything he could physically to get back on the field as the "leader" of this team. INCREDIBLE, if not IMPOSSIBLE physical accomplishment...Would you not agree? BUT, his HC should have been the wiser man with all his years of experience...and, sat him down because he was not ready to take the field.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half a'draft? Please clear that up

Four draft picks in total. Since a draft comprises of 7 rounds. We in effect gave up half a drafts worth of picks for him.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, team Captain?? Ryan Leaf was a team Captain at one point. So was JaMarcus Russell and Andre Ware I do believe. to me he lost the title of leader when he started pointing fingers for losses at his WR's, coaches and O-line in a public forum. Real leaders keep shit like that in house. A real team leader does NOT feed into stuff that likely will get his coach fired. to me at least a real leader would not have pushed to start if he wasnt ready to the detriment of the rest of the team.

Um...I'm pretty sure Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell and Andre Ware where not "selected as team captains" by there peers in their rookie NFL seasons.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Shark, RG3 did everything he could physically to get back on the field as the "leader" of this team. INCREDIBLE, if not IMPOSSIBLE physical accomplishment...Would you not agree? BUT, his HC should have been the wiser man with all his years of experience...and, sat him down because he was not ready to take the field.

And its comments like that which make me think you guys have sainted this kid. When he went back into the game obviously hurt, and got hurt worse because he LIED to the coach... well it was all the coaches fault. When he did and said every thing he could to force his way onto the field for game one, its still all the coaches fault. At what point is HE responsible for his own health and well being?? The head coach is responsible for 52 other guys not named RG3. So if he asked if the guy was able to go back in and the guy lies and says Im good to go, its Bullshit to then say well the coach should have spent all his time babysitting one player. But I forget Rg3 is the only thing that matters right??

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year we drafted rg3 we only lost a 2rd pick. Are'first round pick was rg3 last year was just a first this year was a'first in 2 years we drafted 13 players and this year we will draft 6 more so thats 19 players'. We only lost 2 first round picks and a 2 rd pick in a 3 year time still not half a'draft

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year we drafted rg3 we only lost a 2rd pick. Are'first round pick was rg3 last year was just a first this year was a'first in 2 years we drafted 13 players and this year we will draft 6 more so thats 19 players'. We only lost 2 first round picks and a 2 rd pick in a 3 year time still not half a'draft

Total of 4 picks dude. Simple math. We gave up the 1st and 2nd the year we got him, a first last year and a first this year. thats four picks. Its equal to half a draft. Or if it makes you feel any better about it, I dont think he was worth three firsts and a second rounder. NO player is, period.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its comments like that which make me think you guys have sainted this kid. When he went back into the game obviously hurt, and got hurt worse because he LIED to the coach... well it was all the coaches fault. When he did and said every thing he could to force his way onto the field for game one, its still all the coaches fault. At what point is HE responsible for his own health and well being?? The head coach is responsible for 52 other guys not named RG3. So if he asked if the guy was able to go back in and the guy lies and says Im good to go, its Bullshit to then say well the coach should have spent all his time babysitting one player. But I forget Rg3 is the only thing that matters right??

RG3 is not Tom Brady, and he is not Peyton Manning. If Brady or Manning told the HC they were physically able to play after an injury, you let them go...they earned it, and know what their body's can take in the NFL.

RG3? The HC should have stepped up, and said No.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave up a first for a first that first got canceald out so no we gave up 3 picks

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is not Tom Brady, and he is not Peyton Manning. If Brady or Manning told the HC they were physically able to play after an injury, you let them go...they earned it, and know what their body's can take in the NFL.

RG3? The HC should have stepped up, and said No.

Right dude, sorry not buying it. You are trying to absolve him of any responsibility. In the middle of a game the coach asked him if he was ok to go back in. He lied about it and got hurt worse, then blamed the coach for it. Thats like one of us telling the boss, I will have that report on your desk in time for the quarterly meeting. then blaming the boss for it not being ready when we knew it wasnt even close to being done.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave up a first for a first that first got canceald out so no we gave up 3 picks

Again how did we give up only three picks on him?? We gave up a 1st and a 2nd to take him in 2012 thats two picks. We gave up a 1st last year and a 1st this year. thats four picks. The original pick we used on him doesnt magically vanish to make you feel better about the fact that the Rams buttfucked us on that trade.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree'with shark there 'shany should of said no

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree'with shark there 'shany should of said no

Actually you are disagreeing with me. But Im used to that when it comes to Griffin. I think if he was too hurt to go back in, it was his responsibility to let that be known to the coach. And if he wasnt ready to start the season, he had a responsibility to the team to sit his happy ass down and do what was best for the team, not his ego.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took' are'6th pick and exchanged it for a 2 nd pick so yes the rams got are sixth but we got the rams 2nd so there ( we gave the rams a dollar the rams gave us there dollar) then a 2 ,1,1 that's 3 picks the 6 for the 2 canceal each other out

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you are disagreeing with me. But Im used to that when it comes to Griffin. I think if he was too hurt to go back in, it was his responsibility to let that be known to the coach. And if he wasnt ready to start the season, he had a responsibility to the team to sit his happy ass down and do what was best for the team, not his ego.

What makes me'mad is'rg3 should have not played all year last year and rg3 should of said I'm hurt coach I'm a no go

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took' are'6th pick and exchanged it for a 2 nd pick so yes the rams got are sixth but we got the rams 2nd so there ( we gave the rams a dollar the rams gave us there dollar) then a 2 ,1,1 that's 3 picks the 6 for the 2 canceal each other out

Like I said dude, you are using vanishing picks math to make it sound better than it is. Would you have given up four picks total to draft Mike Vick?? Even though we swapped picks with the Rams, we still used the pick on him. So in total we gave the rams three extra picks, but we have used four picks total on him. And he simply has not been worth that kind of investment.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said dude, you are using vanishing picks math to make it sound better than it is. Would you have given up four picks total to draft Mike Vick?? Even though we swapped picks with the Rams, we still used the pick on him. So in total we gave the rams three extra picks, but we have used four picks total on him. And he simply has not been worth that kind of investment.
I'm done'with this'its all good'shark is mcvay or gruden working with rg3 this year

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskins fan, nothing but love for Doug Williams. But, Doug Williams has ZERO experience as to what is like to be the "face of the franchise" in today's sports arena. In fact, none of the older guys do. This is the BRAND NEW digital age of sports, and "face of the franchise" guys like RG3 and Luck are the guinea pigs of this era...

I know that this won't mean much to you if anything at all, but here goes...............Those who do not know history's mistakes, are doomed to repeat them. IJS.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COACH...when the draft comes we will have the 34th pick. When that pick comes...we can either keep the 34th pick (which has no value once it passes) or use that pick for a player (we could also trade it). You have to use the pick for a player so it "costs you a pick."

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total of 4 picks dude. Simple math. We gave up the 1st and 2nd the year we got him, a first last year and a first this year. thats four picks. Its equal to half a draft. Or if it makes you feel any better about it, I dont think he was worth three firsts and a second rounder. NO player is, period.

simple math we swapped 1st rounders net result being even , and we gave up 3 picks