• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Donald Driver Retires

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is kind of a homer thread, but Driver retiring is big news in Packer Land. He might be the most loved Packer in history, and that's saying something. I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets a street named after him pretty soon.

He was a 7th round pick out of Alcorn State. He could have qualified for the 2000 Olympics as a high jumper, but he loved football and wanted to play even though he was just fighting for a roster spot. I remember early on during his first few years, he had some drops that put him on the sideline even though he was proving to be Favre's biggest deep threat, a shitty Mike Sherman decision that no one really agreed with. When he got his chance again to be a full time target he blew up and instantly became the #1 WR. From 2002 to 2010 he only had one season under 1,000 yards. During the Super Bowl year Rodgers was really spreading the ball around a lot, but nobody will forget the big plays Driver made that year when the Pack HAD NO CHOICE but to win.

From his circus catches on Monday Night Football for his hurting friend and teammate Brett Favre, to the first down that fired up The Pack in the Super Bowl, and all the amazing one handed graps, stratosphere snags, and juke button runs he made in between.... Donald Driver was a :10:, even if his stats don't get him into the HOF.

130131-driver-donald-420a.jpg

From humble start, Donald Driver retires in greatness

GO! PACK! GO!

Kizer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I remember a game against the Niners when the Packers were wearing the oldskool blue and gold jerseys and Driver caught it around the Niners' forty yard line, he got CREAMED and spun out of it and kept going to be tackled in to the endzone by like 4 defenders. It was awesome.

He was a great receiver for sure.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the only guy from the Favre era on the team it seemed. At least when Favre got all his new receivers and struggled that one year(I think 04 or something) he still threw to Driver a lot

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the only guy from the Favre era on the team it seemed. At least when Favre got all his new receivers and struggled that one year(I think 04 or something) he still threw to Driver a lot

Yea 04 - 06 was pretty terrible. Driver was all Favre had, and he had to work some pretty thick coverage since Robert Ferguson and Javon Walker usually didn't even know what audible Favre called. Hell, I think most of the time they actually didn't even know what the original play was.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea 04 - 06 was pretty terrible. Driver was all Favre had, and he had to work some pretty thick coverage since Robert Ferguson and Javon Walker usually didn't even know what audible Favre called. Hell, I think most of the time they actually didn't even know what the original play was.

I miss those days. . .

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald Driver Surprises Old Lady Who Is His Biggest Fan

This is cool as shit. And LOL 2 still having Christmas decorations up. :lol:

Thanks man, I don't catch the news these days. He's been a big inspiration around here. Jobs in WI have been tight. You used to never see away team jerseys at Lambeau, but even local GB natives are selling some tickets on Ebay so they can afford to keep their family heirloom season tickets. Donald's big old smile helped keep people smiling, no doubt about it.