• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins vs. Cheatriots Wk 1

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If speed was a determining factor the Raiders would have a LOT more championships.

OBTW NE got a LOT faster in the offseason. Especially on the D side.

Can't wait for the season to start

Tua plays well against the Pats. He is used to the defense because he practices against it. The Fins run the same defense. The Fins offense is drastically better. I don't see how the Pats defense got a lot better.

Imagine a team with the Chiefs offense and the Pats defense. That's what the Pats could be facing in week 1.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the Fins will be a mix between 49ers and Chiefs on offense. McDaniel adapts the offense to match the abilities of his players. I mention Chiefs because they create mismatches. Hill was a big reason for that when he was there.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have solid depth at WR.

I didn't mention Wilson as WR depth because I see him playing a prominent role. I would not want to have to cover him with Waddle and Hill on the field. Also Gesicki is listed as TE but he's capable of stretching the field like a WR.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua plays well against the Pats. He is used to the defense because he practices against it. The Fins run the same defense. The Fins offense is drastically better. I don't see how the Pats defense got a lot better.

Imagine a team with the Chiefs offense and the Pats defense. That's what the Pats could be facing in week 1.
Don't expect to see the same old and slow NE defense this year. They are younger and faster. I think BB will showcase some kind of nickel hybrid.

The Fins routinely play well against NE it is what it is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention Wilson as WR depth because I see him playing a prominent role. I would not want to have to cover him with Waddle and Hill on the field. Also Gesicki is listed as TE but he's capable of stretching the field like a WR.
Tua needs to learn to take care of the ball. Didn't he have 10 INTs in 13 games last year? To go with 9 fumbles?

That is no recipe for success.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention Preston Williams. He's talented and often injured. He can be a difference maker but it's been hard to count on him.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua needs to learn to take care of the ball. Didn't he have 10 INTs in 13 games last year? To go with 9 fumbles?

That is no recipe for success.

Tua is a clutch player against the Pats. He has been that every time. He might have the best win streak against the Pats for an AFC East QB since BB has been there. I wouldn't count on him not playing well, especially with a stacked group of skilled positional players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is a clutch player against the Pats. He has been that every time. He might have the best win streak against the Pats for an AFC East QB since BB has been there. I wouldn't count on him not playing well, especially with a stacked group of skilled positional players.
Sure the Fins are 3-0 when Tua has started. But clutch is probably not the best word to describe his play.

He was 15 of 22 for 109 yds. The team rushed for 195. Tua had 38 yds of that.

The one game in 2020 he was 20-26, 145 yds and 1 INT.

Maybe your definition of clutch is different?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure the Fins are 3-0 when Tua has started. But clutch is probably not the best word to describe his play.

He was 15 of 22 for 109 yds. The team rushed for 195. Tua had 38 yds of that.

The one game in 2020 he was 20-26, 145 yds and 1 INT.

Maybe your definition of clutch is different?

Tua makes the plays that he needs to win. That's what I mean by clutch. You referred to Tua as a liability. He's 13 and 8 as a starter. He hasn't had a lot of support or consistency with coaching in the past yet he more often than not found a way to win. This year he has a better offensive coaching staff and more talent on offense to work with. When he was at Bama in this scenario, what happened?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua makes the plays that he needs to win. That's what I mean by clutch. You referred to Tua as a liability. He's 13 and 8 as a starter. He hasn't had a lot of support or consistency with coaching in the past yet he more often than not found a way to win. This year he has a better offensive coaching staff and more talent on offense to work with. When he was at Bama in this scenario, what happened?
OK you stick with that. Do you really consider 13-8 good?

The AFCE is probably the strongest it has been in years. The Jets may not be their normal cake walk. Buf is stacked. NE is NE. The Fins could be 0-6 against them or they could be 6-0. I'm not betting anywhere close to the latter. Best bet today is they split. This is not a slam, it's having a realistic outlook.

The Fins also have the 21st toughest SoS on paper, as of today.

It's great to have optomism. Reality is an entirely different thing.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great to have optomism. Reality is an entirely different thing.

The reality is that it's more than likely that the Pats start 0 and 1 while the Fins make an early statement with a win.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they trade Parker if they don't have complete confidence in their WR depth players. EZ reminds me of Parker with his ability to make contested catches
I don't think we have seen the best of Bowden Jr. He is a versatile player who seems like a McDaniel type of player.
Sherfield is less known to Fins fans but he has played in the system with the 49ers.
Dedmon has a good chance to earn the returner role. He is a very fast WR who could see snaps on offense.

The Fins have solid depth at WR.
Time will tell.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you guys posting again. Optimism is great - this time of year.

I'm looking forward to preseason games and getting to see what are changes will produce for both teams.

It is not automatic that either team will improve record.
It is also not automatic that Buffalo does not slide, nor that the Jets will be the Jets.
Remember, just a couple of seasons ago, Buffalo was the Jets, NE was SB champion and Miami was tanking - or trying to!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you are all looking forward to your right side of offensive line (blind side) being faced with
Christian Barmore, Matt Judon, and Jawan Bently in your 1st game!!!!!
No kndee jerk please, think about it!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you are all looking forward to your right side of offensive line (blind side) being faced with
Christian Barmore, Matt Judon, and Jawan Bently in your 1st game!!!!!
No kndee jerk please, think about it!
They may be suspended for fighting or your OC may decide to play them on the oline patsies seemed to be confused all over the place these days. Either way oline can't get any worse than last year and did pretty good against Tampa in practice which is a good sign. Deiter also back if anything for depth.

Actually can't wait to see what the Fins dline does to the patsie oline right now it's looking pretty leaky!!! Fins O may not even have to score a point to win.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd share this with everyone here Tua and the O are looking great. This against a pretty stout tampa D.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing game for the Fins with Tua has been dominant. The running game has struggled some, however, the Bucs have an outstanding run defense.

Hill is a special talent. He is one of the best if not the best in the NFL at getting open on his routes. He makes the whole offense better. The other WRs are talented too.

The Fins defense has played great. At one point in practice they would have sacked Brady 3 times in a row. The Fins run defense has looked impressive also.

These Pats fans seem to still have no idea what is coming in week 1.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And vise versa with Phins fans
We know exactly what's happening the patsies look to be confused and can't figure out who's calling their plays. Good luck with two OC's we saw how that worked out last year. At least you managed to spend 30 M of cap on TE's hahah!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know exactly what's happening the patsies look to be confused and can't figure out who's calling their plays. Good luck with two OC's we saw how that worked out last year. At least you managed to spend 30 M of cap on TE's hahah!
I'm glad you are excited about the Phinnies.

I had a girlfriend that used to put "haha!" at the end of her "funny" statements.

If you have to put haha! at the end of a statement, it's not funny and probably not even interesting! Haha!