• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins vs. Cheatriots Wk 1

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get over the Pats cheating? It discounts all the talented players and coaches that have helped them win through the years. It happened years ago.

On to the game: The Pats will be playing at 1 PM in September in Miami Gardens. The Fins will be more used to the heat. As a local I can tell you it's an adjustment.

The Pats will have to deal with a new offensive scheme from the Fins. The Fins will have to learn the new system quickly in training camp.

I predict a week one win for the Fins.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get over the Pats cheating? It discounts all the talented players and coaches that have helped them win through the years. It happened years ago.

On to the game: The Pats will be playing at 1 PM in September in Miami Gardens. The Fins will be more used to the heat. As a local I can tell you it's an adjustment.

The Pats will have to deal with a new offensive scheme from the Fins. The Fins will have to learn the new system quickly in training camp.

I predict a week one win for the Fins.
Patriots will be training in hot August weather before the start of the season.
Weather will not be a good excuse, short of a heatwave in Miami.
I remember September weather in Mass being very hot.
I predict a Patriots win or excuses! Just please no more phony fumbles!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will be training in hot August weather before the start of the season.
Weather will not be a good excuse, short of a heatwave in Miami.
I remember September weather in Mass being very hot.
I predict a Patriots win or excuses! Just please no more phony fumbles!

Moreso than the weather the Fins speed on offense will be the reason that the Pats will start the season with a loss.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty P establishes himself as the greatest OC in the history of football. It was his true calling all along and only BB knew it. Mac Jones establishes himself as one of the top tier QB's for the next two decades and it all starts in Miami on September 11th at 1 p.m.

Pats 36 Dolphins 16

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats 36 Dolphins 16
[/QUOTE]

You are dreaming if you expect the Fins defense to give up 36 points and the Fins offense to be held to 16. I don't think that you really believe that. If you do, reality will be very enlightening to you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats 36 Dolphins 16

You are dreaming if you expect the Fins defense to give up 36 points and the Fins offense to be held to 16. I don't think that you really believe that. If you do, reality will be very enlightening to you.
[/QUOTE]
I don't expect this to be a one-sided contest. I am looking forward to scratching out a win!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats 36 Dolphins 16

[/QUOTE]

What about my post came off as anything but dreaming?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about my post came off as anything but dreaming?
[/QUOTE]
Patriots winning?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody interested in a pre-season bet on game #1?

Are you really that confident that the Pats will win? Tua hasn't lost to the Pats and he has a lot more talent to work with now.

The Fins defense could be better than last year. They didn't lose any of their top talent in the off-season.

I am not the betting type. You probably shouldn't be for game 1

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really that confident that the Pats will win? Tua hasn't lost to the Pats and he has a lot more talent to work with now.

The Fins defense could be better than last year. They didn't lose any of their top talent in the off-season.

It's phony money. I will not be betting any greenbacks on the online betting "services"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins (-2.5)​

The Dolphins opened as a full field-goal favorite, and that has come down a touch. That's a significant move because three and seven are the biggest key numbers in NFL betting. Miami had a buzzy offseason, but perhaps bettors are realizing it's Bill Belichick scheming against Tua Tagovailoa.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many weapons on the Fins offense for the Pats to deal with. Plus the Oline will be better. The coaches will help to improve the offense also.

On defense the Fins were really good in the 2nd half of the year. They probably will be even better. They had rookies playing great ( Phillips and Holland) I am thinking that as second year players they will be even better. The overall continuity on defense will be the biggest reason they play well.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the WR depth and a bit concerned that if Hill or Waddle go down, there is not much behind them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreso than the weather the Fins speed on offense will be the reason that the Pats will start the season with a loss.
If speed was a determining factor the Raiders would have a LOT more championships.

OBTW NE got a LOT faster in the offseason. Especially on the D side.

Can't wait for the season to start

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the WR depth and a bit concerned that if Hill or Waddle go down, there is not much behind them.

I don't think they trade Parker if they don't have complete confidence in their WR depth players. EZ reminds me of Parker with his ability to make contested catches
I don't think we have seen the best of Bowden Jr. He is a versatile player who seems like a McDaniel type of player.
Sherfield is less known to Fins fans but he has played in the system with the 49ers.
Dedmon has a good chance to earn the returner role. He is a very fast WR who could see snaps on offense.

The Fins have solid depth at WR.