• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins-Broncos

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Timeout.....I had zero expectations for this guy. I'm just amazed he continues to get so much press. As for the John Beck thing, I can't recall seeing much more than normal coverage about him. Folks mentioned it, but there haven't been any dedicated TV pieces on this, that I've seen. You can't even begin to compare Tebow's hype to Beck's, which I don't think you are trying to do, BTW.

I don't want to get into a big discussion about this as my point is simple and unwavering. This will be a lot of hype for nothing.

Didn't you outline your expectations above (4 TDs, 127 conversions. . . . )

I wasn't comparing Beck's hype to Tebow's either. I was comparing Beck's hype to Stafford, Ryan and Freeman. Just as you said Tebow had gotten more media coverage than 3 established starters, I pointed out another backup starting this week had also gotten more media attention.

Of course Tebow has gotten more coverage than Beck. Tebow is a bigger name. But let me ask you this, how much of the coverage was the media talking about Tebow saving the Broncos' season? How much of it was about finding out if Tebow's style can be effective in the NFL?

I saw very little, if any, coverage talking up Tebow as a superstar in the making. Most of the talk has been about the flaws that have been discussed everywhere. Unless the hype that is bothering you comes from places other than football media. And in that case, who cares what The View thinks?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham. Clyde lost Mathews so that evens out.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before the We want Luck chants in Denver?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you outline your expectations above (4 TDs, 127 conversions. . . . )

I wasn't comparing Beck's hype to Tebow's either. I was comparing Beck's hype to Stafford, Ryan and Freeman. Just as you said Tebow had gotten more media coverage than 3 established starters, I pointed out another backup starting this week had also gotten more media attention.

Of course Tebow has gotten more coverage than Beck. Tebow is a bigger name. But let me ask you this, how much of the coverage was the media talking about Tebow saving the Broncos' season? How much of it was about finding out if Tebow's style can be effective in the NFL?

I saw very little, if any, coverage talking up Tebow as a superstar in the making. Most of the talk has been about the flaws that have been discussed everywhere. Unless the hype that is bothering you comes from places other than football media. And in that case, who cares what The View thinks?

I was being sarcastic, based on all the media coverage.

As for the part in bold...no idea. Every time his name comes up, I tune out. I don't have a lot of interest in a guy who's proven nothing at this level. I would have done the same if Beck's name came up, but I never heard it this week. Keep in mind, I'm a very casual fan outside of the Niners so I don't read or watch everything out there. About the only thing that would catch my eye (or ear) would be stories about proven starts or guys on my FFB team.

For example, Jimmy Graham's story on ESPN was probably the most interesting NFL story I saw this week.....just my opinion.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I lost my feed on the miami game. FUCK.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was being sarcastic, based on all the media coverage.

As for the part in bold...no idea. Every time his name comes up, I tune out. I don't have a lot of interest in a guy who's proven nothing at this level. I would have done the same if Beck's name came up, but I never heard it this week. Keep in mind, I'm a very casual fan outside of the Niners so I don't read or watch everything out there. About the only thing that would catch my eye (or ear) would be stories about proven starts or guys on my FFB team.

For example, Jimmy Graham's story on ESPN was probably the most interesting NFL story I saw this week.....just my opinion.

So you complain about something you don't pay attention to? What if everytime his name comes up the discussion goes along the lines of. . .

TV Show Host: Tim Tebow is starting for Denver this week. He was a very successful player at Florida, let's see how his unusual skill set translates to the NFL.

Ex Defensive Player: Well, Host, I don't see Tebow's style working in the NFL. He could get away with running a lot in college, but in the NFL the players are that much bigger and that much faster. I think he struggles to lead the offense.

Ex Quarterback: That's EDP, when we look at Tebow's mechanics, we see a guy with a long delivery who telegraphs his passes. NFL DBs will take that extra bit of time to jump these routes. I see Tebow having a tough time when a defense has time to prepare for him.

TV Show Host: Do you guys see any way for Tebow to be successful this week in Miami?

Ex QB: Well, he "knows how to win" which seems silly to say, but that experience in crunch time could come in handy for him. The Dolphins are a bad team, and Miami is celebrating Tebow's college success for the Gators today. It could feel like a home game for Tebow, and if it's close late he may catch a break and win the game.

But instead, you tune out and assume it's more like

TV Host: HEY GUYS!!!!!! Tim Tebow is starting today. By this evening everyone will have forgotten John Elway ever played in Denver.

Ex D Player: I sure am glad I retired four years ago. I would hate to have to try to tackle this guy. I hope they have extra neurologists in Miami for all the concussions he's going to dole out.

Ex QB: I questioned Tebow's mechanics in college, but now I'VE BEEN SAVED. Tebow is the answer. He will save the NFL. The NBA needs him to solve their labour dispute. TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG dude......didn't read past your second line of the post, nor will I. My original statement was Tebow is overhyped. By seeing him on TV or hearing about him on the radio, I can make that judgement without paying attention to detail. Hype is about volume, not content in my opinion. He's not relevant, again in my opinion. You can post all you want and my opinion will not change. You can disagree and that's fine. I could care less.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OMG dude......didn't read past your second line of the post, nor will I. My original statement was Tebow is overhyped. By seeing him on TV or hearing about him on the radio, I can make that judgement without paying attention to detail. Hype is about volume, not content in my opinion. He's not relevant, again in my opinion. You can post all you want and my opinion will not change. You can disagree and that's fine. I could care less.

Alex Smith has been overhyped for the last 5 years. They talked about him all the time on TV. Who cares if it was positive or negative. Any publicity is good publicity.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Dolphins' collapse...

If they lose this Sparano is a goner.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I kind of like how Tebow's playing within himself. Not trying to prove anyone wrong about him being a bad passer, he's just doing what he knows.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that motherfucker's name? Tim Tebow. Love it! Good thing I found another feed to see that shit.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF all the links showing the game suddenly starting showing the Raiders game. I think OT on the early game is a bit more important than the first few plays of the afternoon game.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WTF all the links showing the game suddenly starting showing the Raiders game. I think OT on the early game is a bit more important than the first few plays of the afternoon game.

League contracts dictate that at quarter past the hour the late game must be shown except in the local markets.

So those of us with Sunday Ticket get to see it. . . .