• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Saban want to slow down this game with Oklahoma, or speed it up? what does he want to do.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just not sure what Bama fans want OU fans to think. On paper Bama is a Two TD favorite and should be... does that mean OU is gonna lie down? Fuck that Boomer Sooner

Nobody expects Oklahoma to lay down. If Bama plays a first half like they did against UGA, yall will probably be able to put more points on the board. No reason at all to give up before the game is played.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody expects Oklahoma to lay down. If Bama plays a first half like they did against UGA, yall will probably be able to put more points on the board. No reason at all to give up before the game is played.

Kinda my point every post is OU D is pitiful and unless you’ve watched every game ( except Army PPV bullshit) you really can’t appreciate how fucking bad it truly is. It’s worse than most think it is actually and I do expect Bama to score 50 like everyone has this year but it comes down too is can OU score 51? Nothing I’ve seen says they can’t. Will they :noidea:

Why they play the games my friend

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just not sure what Bama fans want OU fans to think. On paper Bama is a Two TD favorite and should be... does that mean OU is gonna lie down? Fuck that nonsense....Boomer Sooner

I expect OU fans to hope for the best and believe in it.

BlueDevil

OBX Legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Saban I wouldn't change a thing. They've basically dominated every team this season so why change anything?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see that except I dont wanna tire out our defense. They will be rested, but we are not as deep as in the past years, so the fall off to second and third stringers, especially in the secondary, is a problem.
A lot is going to depend on Tua's health. If his ankle is 100% and his knee is good, this could be a game for the ages. I cant wait.
Fall off? You guys have four and five star backups everywhere! Maybe not as experienced as the others, but not like you are putting dregs out there.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pretty much goes like this. Every OU fan knows how terrible our defense is. And considering how good our Offense was last year the defense costed us a national title. This year wont be any different. We all hope our Defense plays the game of their lives and pulls out the win. Or just even keeping it within 3 or 7 in a loss would be considered a victory for the defense. As a whole for the team, it will just be another year our defense let a national title slip away. Our offense is good enough to score on anyone, including the Bama defense. Bama will make it difficult and may even keep OU to its worst offensive showing, just dont know till the game happens. And reading other posts from Bama fans and how they keep mentioning OU's defense and how they want to exploit it and should be able to score points it seems that they believe their Defense may not be able to stop an OU offensive attack. It will be a fun one for sure.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fall off? You guys have four and five star backups everywhere! Maybe not as experienced as the others, but not like you are putting dregs out there.
Its the in game experience. Remember, our defense is young this year. We lost a ton of talent from last years defense and it was a slow start for these guys learning on the fly. Saban and staff have done wonders with some of them over the season. One good thing is Terrell Lewis might get cleared to play by the 29th, which give us another LB with in game experience. By all accounts though, many think this is one of Sabans worst defenses in a while. I think its due to experience and not talent level.

People should look though. The closest defense ranking wise to Bama that OU has played was Army. Bama's defense is better.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see that except I dont wanna tire out our defense. They will be rested, but we are not as deep as in the past years, so the fall off to second and third stringers, especially in the secondary, is a problem.
A lot is going to depend on Tua's health. If his ankle is 100% and his knee is good, this could be a game for the ages. I cant wait.

I will just put it this way.
Bama O vs OU d... 10 possession, how many stops
Bama D vs OU O.... 10 possessions, how many stops

Now you go to 4-5 and it can get a bit lucky. I have watched OU plenty the last few years. The #1 issue I have seen with teams is they are afraid of a track meet. You have to be aggressive on both sides. I said prior to the championship that Texas would lose if they went 2 deep all game. They continually rushed 3 and dropped 8 in the second half and got torched. If you make Kyler uncomfortable he will make mistakes, but to do that you have to be willing to give up a few big plays. Most teams aren’t willing to do that and they sit back in that drop 8 and get carved up

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the in game experience. Remember, our defense is young this year. We lost a ton of talent from last years defense and it was a slow start for these guys learning on the fly. Saban and staff have done wonders with some of them over the season. One good thing is Terrell Lewis might get cleared to play by the 29th, which give us another LB with in game experience. By all accounts though, many think this is one of Sabans worst defenses in a while. I think its due to experience and not talent level.

People should look though. The closest defense ranking wise to Bama that OU has played was Army. Bama's defense is better.

Clearly people didn’t watch or look at the Army game. OU didn’t have the ball. Their offense averaged 8.9 yards per play. It’s not like Army’s defense was shutting OU down. OU has 1 punt, an int, 1 missed FG and a goal line stand at the 1.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly people didn’t watch or look at the Army game. OU didn’t have the ball. Their offense averaged 8.9 yards per play. It’s not like Army’s defense was shutting OU down. OU has 1 punt, an int, 1 missed FG and a goal line stand at the 1.
I aint paying to watch Oklahoma play. Barely wanna watch the track meets for free.
I just read the bio of the game and compared their defensive ranking to ours. Good thing is, Bama is bringing something most other teams OU has played hasnt, a top 10 defense. Games gonna be fun to watch no matter what.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I aint paying to watch Oklahoma play. Barely wanna watch the track meets for free.
I just read the bio of the game and compared their defensive ranking to ours. Good thing is, Bama is bringing something most other teams OU has played hasnt, a top 10 defense. Games gonna be fun to watch no matter what.

If Bama can stop the run with honest numbers in the box, than they are fine. Biggest difference for Bama is they have depth that Texas doesn’t have on the DL. Texas has done a good job on that OU offense in 1st half, before wearing out in the second half of both games

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Oklahoma's offense is as good as advertised.

Don't think Alabama's defense is as good as advertised either though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Saban I wouldn't change a thing. They've basically dominated every team this season so why change anything?

Because you are playing an offense it’s not good to get more than one score behind against.

Monorojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans are treating OU much like they treated tosu in 2014.

Not giving them much of a chance, getting mad when OU fans are confident in their team.

We all know what happened. Zeke ran for 200+ yards on that “unbeatable” defense and Meyer absolutely clowned Saban in the last meeting between the two. Bama fans didn’t learn a thing.

Don’t count OU out. Don’t let Bama fans ridicule you for believing in your team Oklahoma fans.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not giving them much of a chance, getting mad when OU fans are confident in their team.

We all know what happened. Zeke ran for 200+ yards on that “unbeatable” defense and Meyer absolutely clowned Saban in the last meeting between the two. Bama fans didn’t learn a thing.

Don’t count OU out. Don’t let Bama fans ridicule you for believing in your team Oklahoma fans.

1. The 14 defense gave up 44 points and 600 yards to AU. No Bama fan out there thought that defense was unbeatable. This defense is better than 14, but no one thinks it is unbeatable, either.

2. You are right about our fans. Our fans said the tOSU game would be tough, and are saying the same about OU.

3. You either are delusional or straight up a liar. Neither is a good luck.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most Bama fans remember that OU has had our number the last several meetings, so I don't think that any (or many) Bama posters/fans taking OU lightly.

OU had a great game in 2014, congrats. Does that make the 2014 Bama team garbage to you?

Check my posts on Rivals, when you get unbanned, I'm pretty cool with 99% of Boomer posters. I din't know of any Bama posters that ridicule OU fans, so I don't know where that is coming from.

Do you happen to work with a bunch of Bama fans who abuse you on a regular basis? Your posts and thought patterns are chaotic and based upon emotion rather than facts.