• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Kaepernick get an extension this off season?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes Kap screwed up with 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter to give it away, but he was providing the whole offense pretty much the rest of the game with good throws and great running. He was the whole offense.
Gore and VD basically disappeared.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look at the weapons that Rogers, Payton or Brees has, way different then what the 49ers have. Payton has the most weapons I ever saw a QB have this year.

Kap has VD who is up and down, Boldin who is slow and old, and Crabtree who just came back from an injury who wasn't even 100% healthy yet. Kap doesn't have the weapons or speed as these other QBs have. Lets be fair when we judge.

Seattle won because of Lynch and their Defense. Wilson hasn't done anything since like week 12. If Gore had a good game 49ers would won this game with easily. Seattle WRs as a group or better then what we have. Maybe next year with a healthy Crabtree, Boldin and improved Patton plus who ever we draft we can give Kap the WRs that can help him.

This is a classic argument and yes, better teammates always help. But the basic passing issues still start with Kaep, it is mainly Kaep. Just asking he improves at a faster pace, while still has a good TEAM around him. It isn't as though he's playing for Jacksonville?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AC is killing you guys in this argument. LOL

Facts are Facts and Facts say he is at least a top 7 QB. Its all about winning and showing up in the playoffs and he does that.

Instead of blaming Kap for the seattle why don't u look at Gore who did nothing or VD who dropped 2-3 passes or a defense that let up a little in the 2nd half(2 big plays.) Yes Kap deserves some blame but to throw it all on him is insane. Kap was our offense, people forget that. 1st have he had something 95% of the yards.

Kap is getting better every year so far and I like the direction he is going in. If u would rather have Rivers, Romo or Cutler go become fan of those teams and come back when neither does anything to make the playoffs or get bounced right away. I will take every day of the week over those bums.

winning is huge no doubt but he is playing for the 49ers, meaning other QB's would win too. he does seem to play better in play-off games, so that part is definitely positive.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Look at Greg Romans resume-

1995–2001 Carolina Panthers
(offensive line assistant)

2002–2005 Houston Texans
(tight ends/quarterbacks coach)

2006–2007 Baltimore Ravens
(offensive line assistant)

2008 Holy Spirit High School
(offensive coordinator)

2009–2010 Stanford
(offensive coordinator)

2011–present San Francisco 49ers
(offensive coordinator)

Aside from having the fortune of coaching Andrew Luck in COLLEGE, is there anything else Greg Roman has done to excite anyone or show that he is capable of handling a professional offense and putting together a remarkable passing attack? Hell, even when he was at Stanford people wanted to see him open it up more considering they had the best QB in all of college football. But he rarely did...

I have no problem with the focus on the running game, but if Roman can't adjust a bit more to a passing oriented offense and help Kap, then he needs to go.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This offense is built and designed to run... The pieces in place are not designed for Kap to go out and throw for 4500 yards a season...

Just for clarity's sake: total yards is not an indication of good QB play. If it were Drew Bledsoe would've been a HOFer. It's the single most overrated stat in sports. I'm all about YPA, INT percentage, passer rating (especially in the playoffs), etc. I'd say Total QBR is the most overrated stat in sports, but it's not a stat. It's just subjective nonsense.

As it stands, Kap still had more yards passing in his first complete season than any 49er Qb dating back to Jeff Garcia... Under Kap, Boldin was able to have the best season he has had since being a Cardinal. VD had one of his best seasons as the #2 or 3 option under Kap when his best seasons he was clearly the primary target... Of course nobody is willing give him credit for that, its everything around him that helps him succeed, but when the team fails its all on him... lol

Like I said the total yards says nothing. And despite your "lol" argument, no I'm not willing to give Kaepernick credit for Boldin's play & Vernon's play. Those guys were already established as great players before Tattoo Man came along. That's a ridiculous argument.

Boldin & Vernon are able to be great without DumbDumb. This year, #7 wasn't able to be great without one of the best supporting casts on offense in all of football. A lot of QBs could have success throwing to Vernon, Boldin & Crabby with that OL.

Imagine if DumbDumb played in San Diego or Indianapolis this year. He wouldn't have even finished the season. He'd be RG4.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just for clarity's sake: total yards is not an indication of good QB play. If it were Drew Bledsoe would've been a HOFer. It's the single most overrated stat in sports. I'm all about YPA, INT percentage, passer rating (especially in the playoffs), etc. I'd say Total QBR is the most overrated stat in sports, but it's not a stat. It's just subjective nonsense.

Like I said the total yards says nothing. And despite your "lol" argument, no I'm not willing to give Kaepernick credit for Boldin's play & Vernon's play. Those guys were already established as great players before Tattoo Man came along. That's a ridiculous argument.

Boldin & Vernon are able to be great without DumbDumb. This year, #7 wasn't able to be great without one of the best supporting casts on offense in all of football. A lot of QBs could have success throwing to Vernon, Boldin & Crabby with that OL.

Imagine if DumbDumb played in San Diego or Indianapolis this year. He wouldn't have even finished the season. He'd be RG4.

Maybe you missed the thread with all those stats that matter to you?

QB Rating- Kap ranked 10th
Yards per att.- Kap ranked 8th
TD %- Kap ranked 13th
INT %- Kap ranked 9th

All these stats are in the top half of the league and damn near in the top 33%

Kap did this in his first complete season as a starter. To add to that he did this out of an offense designed to run the ball and under an offensive coordinator who doesn't seem to have the experience, the style, or the knowledge on how to execute a good passing attack (you know, running the same stuff over and over again while leaving out several elements). Two slow WR's, no consistant third option (almost non-existant), and a great TE that can disappear at times and has also showed signs of wear and tear over the last two seasons...

Perhaps if the team had some sort of reliable speed at WR he would have a better YPA? Maybe if Roman got the RB's involved he would have a better Comp%?

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kap did this in his first complete season as a starter. To add to that he did this out of an offense designed to run the ball and under an offensive coordinator who doesn't seem to have the experience, the style, or the knowledge on how to execute a good passing attack (you know, running the same stuff over and over again while leaving out several elements). Two slow WR's, no consistant third option (almost non-existant), and a great TE that can disappear at times and has also showed signs of wear and tear over the last two seasons...

Coordinators are such easy targets because you can say anything you want about 'em without having to prove anything.

You're attempting to redefine the personnel in the offense. Most QBs would kill to have those slow Wrs and a TE who disappears (mainly because Tin Man is too slow to go through more reads than 1 on any given play).

I'd love to see DumbDumb's success rate in even getting the play in on time if Roman utilized a more dynamic offense like you'd prefer. The team would be out of time outs by the first drive (if he's bright enough to use 'em rather than take a penalty, which would be a marked improvement from what he did over an dover again this season). And if he did get the play in on time, would he be able to remember which way the RB goes? I've never seen a QB screw up handing off the football more than DumbDumbdid this season.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coordinators are such easy targets because you can say anything you want about 'em without having to prove anything.

You're attempting to redefine the personnel in the offense. Most QBs would kill to have those slow Wrs and a TE who disappears (mainly because Tin Man is too slow to go through more reads than 1 on any given play).

I'd love to see DumbDumb's success rate in even getting the play in on time if Roman utilized a more dynamic offense like you'd prefer. The team would be out of time outs by the first drive (if he's bright enough to use 'em rather than take a penalty, which would be a marked improvement from what he did over an dover again this season). And if he did get the play in on time, would he be able to remember which way the RB goes? I've never seen a QB screw up handing off the football more than DumbDumbdid this season.

Sick, you are overrating the WR's... Boldin is aging and hasn't been to a ProBowl since 2008, and Crabtree is coming off of a major injury and has never been to a ProBowl... Neither of them is beating the defender off the line with any sort of speed, and neither one of them is stretching the field unless Kap is buying time with his legs to keep the play alive... Aside from VD, any QB in the league would be ho-hum on taking on two slow WR's with age and injury problems, don't kid yourself... Sure there might be some QB's that would trade their starting two WR's for Boldin and Crabtree, but I bet they would fall somewhere in the middle and no where near the top... But I don't want to pick on the WR's too much because they are adequate. The real problem is Greg Roman... If Greg Roman was on Mike Singeltary's staff, this board would be sreaming bloody murder! But for some reason Roman gets a pass because he is on Harbaughs staff? As long as Roman is coordinator get used to seeing the same plays, sets, designs and major flaws in the passing game...

Oh, and nice job not addressing the only stats that matter to you :rollseyes:

(Its kind of hard to argue against top 10 stats)

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, you are overrating the WR's... Boldin is aging and hasn't been to a ProBowl since 2008, and Crabtree is coming off of a major injury and has never been to a ProBowl... Neither of them is beating the defender off the line with any sort of speed,

Stop right there. The pro bowl is meaningless; both of these guys have topped 1000 yards with the Niners. And Boldin was constantly beating DBs off the line this year. Like a dumb. He certainly beat Whitner to the back of the end zone in the Super Bowl. A WR doesn't have to be Desean Jackson in order to be a great asset for a QB. Look at Keenan Allen this year.

Oh, and nice job not addressing the only stats that matter to you :rollseyes:

(Its kind of hard to argue against top 10 stats)

Here's how I argued against those stats: He's a freeking spoiled QB like Matt Ryan , Andy Dalton and Tony Romo. That's why I call him The Green Lantern. He's mediocre without his green ring (the Niners' supporting cast).

I never once said DumbDumb is a below-average QB or he sucks or anything. What I said is he's football-retarded, and he's going to F' it up in big moments because he can't make reads & takes WAY too long to think. That's a recipe for disaster long term.

I don't want the next Steve McNair; I want the next Ben Roethlisberger.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick cut the dumb dumb shit. What are you 10?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stop right there. The pro bowl is meaningless; both of these guys have topped 1000 yards with the Niners. And Boldin was constantly beating DBs off the line this year. Like a dumb. He certainly beat Whitner to the back of the end zone in the Super Bowl. A WR doesn't have to be Desean Jackson in order to be a great asset for a QB. Look at Keenan Allen this year.

Here's how I argued against those stats: He's a freeking spoiled QB like Matt Ryan , Andy Dalton and Tony Romo. That's why I call him The Green Lantern. He's mediocre without his green ring (the Niners' supporting cast).

I never once said DumbDumb is a below-average QB or he sucks or anything. What I said is he's football-retarded, and he's going to F' it up in big moments because he can't make reads & takes WAY too long to think. That's a recipe for disaster long term.

I don't want the next Steve McNair; I want the next Ben Roethlisberger.

And thats why every 49er fan on this board and beyond has been pleading for good WR's for years now... And why Baalke keeps going back to the well trying to find one in the draft that is worth a shit... And why you yourself have begging for the likes of Mike Wallace and others similar to him? Now all of a sudden to suit your argument, we have these great WR's? LMAO!

The guy puts up top 10 numbers in the categories that appeases you, and you discredit those numbers by saying he is spoiled? This offense has some major flaws, starting with Greg Roman! Aside from him getting to coach Andrew Luck in COLLEGE, feel free to point out WTF Roman has done that is so special at the proffesional level. Please give me or anyone else reading this a reason to believe Greg Roman can elevate this passing game with or without Kapernick. Show me anything from his resume that stands out to assume he can put together a dangerous passing attack.

Beating Dante Whifner was your key argument, the guy you and several others can't wait for to be off the team (because he can't cover)... :whistle:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And thats why every 49er fan on this board and beyond has been pleading for good WR's for years now... And why Baalke keeps going back to the well trying to find one in the draft that is worth a shit... And why you yourself have begging for the likes of Mike Wallace and others similar to him? Now all of a sudden to suit your argument, we have these great WR's? LMAO!

What the crap are you talking about??? Of course the Niners should plead for good WRs. Who wouldn't? What team says, "I want Kyle Williams & Rashaun Woods at WR because my QB is so good?" Of course the offense would've been better with Mike Wallace. He's a great deep threat. He's exactly what this offense needs. That's why I would want Marqise Lee over a possession receiver like Jordan Matthews. They went with Boldin instead. Wallace would be a better compliment to Crabby than Boldin IMO, but that doesn't mean Boldin still isn't a great WR.

The guy puts up top 10 numbers in the categories that appeases you, and you discredit those numbers by saying he is spoiled?

Yes. Why is that hard to understand? It happens all the time. Dante Culpepper is a good example. So were Jeff Garcia, Marc Bulger, Matt Schaub, Andy Dalton, etc.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm pissed off & want the guy traded.

Right let's trade him and just grab any other qb and start all over again. This isn't plug and play. It doesn't work that easy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Right let's trade him and just grab any other qb and start all over again. This isn't plug and play. It doesn't work that easy.

I know it's not that easy. I don't expect it to be. But I think the team would have a better chance at winning a Super Bowl if they cashed in on #7's value to build a ridiculous defense (with the pick(s) & cap room) & an unknown at QB than if they re-loaded & went with basically the same team & a downward-trending talent level.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy puts up top 10 numbers in the categories that appeases you, and you discredit those numbers by saying he is spoiled? This offense has some major flaws, starting with Greg Roman! Aside from him getting to coach Andrew Luck in COLLEGE, feel free to point out WTF Roman has done that is so special at the proffesional level. Please give me or anyone else reading this a reason to believe Greg Roman can elevate this passing game with or without Kapernick. Show me anything from his resume that stands out to assume he can put together a dangerous passing attack.

Beating Dante Whifner was your key argument, the guy you and several others can't wait for to be off the team (because he can't cover)... :whistle:

Doesn't this apply to Harbaugh more then Roman? The offense is the style Harbaugh wants. What makes you think a different OC is going to change that? Isn't Harbaugh supposed to be the guy who can elevate the passing game since he's an offense coach and a former QB? Kap was his handpicked QB. Not to say that Roman doesn't have his issues but the blame should be on the HC as much as the OC.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the crap are you talking about??? Of course the Niners should plead for good WRs. Who wouldn't? What team says, "I want Kyle Williams & Rashaun Woods at WR because my QB is so good?" Of course the offense would've been better with Mike Wallace. He's a great deep threat. He's exactly what this offense needs. That's why I would want Marqise Lee over a possession receiver like Jordan Matthews. They went with Boldin instead. Wallace would be a better compliment to Crabby than Boldin IMO, but that doesn't mean Boldin still isn't a great WR.

Yes. Why is that hard to understand? It happens all the time. Dante Culpepper is a good example. So were Jeff Garcia, Marc Bulger, Matt Schaub, Andy Dalton, etc.

The consensus number one need for any one position on the 49ers the last three years, and you are just going to play it off as if every team of course wants better WR's... This team has no speed at WR, its not a want issue, it is a need issue! Having two slow primary WR's can hinder a QB, Kap is no exception to that...

But again, that isn't the biggest problem. I've already pointed out several ways that Roman has done nothing to help the passing game, and it will continue to be that way going forward. The guy has great run schemes (for the most part), but he is living off of Harbaughs kindness and this offense suffers from it...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The consensus number one need for any one position on the 49ers the last three years, and you are just going to play it off as if every team of course wants better WR's... This team has no speed at WR, its not a want issue, it is a need issue! Having two slow primary WR's can hinder a QB, Kap is no exception to that...

Vernon Davis more than makes up for the speed issue, but TGL can't find him because he's a 1-read QB. Dilfer was right.

I don't argue about coordinators because literally everything people say about 'em is speculation. There's no way to know how much of the credit or blame should fall on Roman or Harbaugh until they're no longer working together.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not that easy. I don't expect it to be. But I think the team would have a better chance at winning a Super Bowl if they cashed in on #7's value to build a ridiculous defense (with the pick(s) & cap room) & an unknown at QB than if they re-loaded & went with basically the same team & a downward-trending talent level.

So we waste the talent we have now while we start over? I don't think that would fly with a lot of veterans and incoming Free agents. There is no guarantee we can keep stockpiling great players as there is no guarantee we can easily pick a new qb.

I hope kaep gets an extension this offseason. He will be had at much cheaper than I believe he will be next year. The sky is the limit for kaep and he will only get better IMO.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't this apply to Harbaugh more then Roman? The offense is the style Harbaugh wants. What makes you think a different OC is going to change that? Isn't Harbaugh supposed to be the guy who can elevate the passing game since he's an offense coach and a former QB? Kap was his handpicked QB. Not to say that Roman doesn't have his issues but the blame should be on the HC as much as the OC.

The way Harbaugh rants and raves and lights up about his QB and things like Crabtree being the best catcher of all time, I'm not sure what the dynamics are behind the scene. From the surface it seems like Harbs wants to open it up more, but Roman can't get them there. Of course thats just an opinion, but who really knows. I do know that the hard nosed running style is not working so well anymore as good front sevens have caught up. And this team has had a tremendous time adjusting and finding a better ballance. The up and down play selection seems to indicate they want to pass it more, but they can't put all phases together at once. I blame Roman for not utilizing everything he can, and calling the same things over and over again. I think he is far from being an offensive genius...