• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Kaepernick get an extension this off season?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So we waste the talent we have now while we start over?

No. Convert the talent to defense (and maybe a deep-threat WR and / or center) & roll the dice at the QB position.

I hope kaep gets an extension this offseason. He will be had at much cheaper than I believe he will be next year. The sky is the limit for kaep and he will only get better IMO.

You're probably right about the bold part. And that's why IF the Niners are going to sign him long-term they need to do it now. Like right now. Because there's no advantage in waiting.

If he's not going to get a long-term contract with the Niners they need to trade him. They can't just let him walk even for a couple of first-round picks (non-exclusive tag).

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis more than makes up for the speed issue, but TGL can't find him because he's a 1-read QB. Dilfer was right.

I don't argue about coordinators because literally everything people say about 'em is speculation. There's no way to know how much of the credit or blame should fall on Roman or Harbaugh until they're no longer working together.

Ok Sick, you keep relying on a TE to provide the speed in our offense... And you wonder why Kap has problems... :noidea:

Its not speculation to see problems with Romans play selection. And if that was the case, I'm sure you wouldn't mind Jimmy Ray coming back to run the offense... You know, because you can't really credit him or blame him...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok Sick, you keep relying on a TE to provide the speed in our offense... And you wonder why Kap has problems... :noidea:

Do you realize how fast Vernon is? He's like the fastest guy on the team. A great TE & 2 really good possession receivers is a hell of a lot more than a QB can expect to have in the NFL (especially with the best O-line in football).

Its not speculation to see problems with Romans play selection. And if that was the case, I'm sure you wouldn't mind Jimmy Ray coming back to run the offense... You know, because you can't really credit him or blame him...

Greg Roman is not Jimmy Raye. Not by a long shot. And the play calls were fine this year. Bad things happened when the QB couldn't execute the play properly by seeing open receivers, turning the correct direction to hand off the ball, getting the play in on time, etc.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you realize how fast Vernon is? He's like the fastest guy on the team. A great TE & 2 really good possession receivers is a hell of a lot more than a QB can expect to have in the NFL (especially with the best O-line in football).

Greg Roman is not Jimmy Raye. Not by a long shot. And the play calls were fine this year. Bad things happened when the QB couldn't execute the play properly by seeing open receivers, turning the correct direction to hand off the ball, getting the play in on time, etc.

How would you know if Roman was better than Raye? After all "I don't argue about coordinators because literally everything people say about 'em is speculation. There's no way to know how much of the credit or blame" Your words, not mine...

And for all those terrible things you just mentioned, he still had those good all important numbers you worry about... Imagine what his numbers would be like under a coordinator that really knew what they were doing with the passing game. Hmm, maybe a coordinator that recognized when to ease up on certain play calling and go away from what the defense is focused on, or that would get the RB's involved in screens and swing passes, someone that might utilize the big body WR's and throw some slant patterns, someone who wouldn't just use the same part of the field over and over again...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How would you know if Roman was better than Raye? After all "I don't argue about coordinators because literally everything people say about 'em is speculation. There's no way to know how much of the credit or blame" Your words, not mine...

I was talking about how to disperse the credit & blame to Roman VS Harbaugh. Raye has worked as an offensive coordinator for 3 different teams. Roman has never worked as an OC with anyone but Harbaugh.

And for all those terrible things you just mentioned, he still had those good all important numbers you worry about... Imagine what his numbers would be like under a coordinator that really knew what they were doing with the passing game.

He does have a coordinator who knows what he's doing in the passing game. That's why he was being interviewed for a HC position.

As far as the stats go: It's YPA, Interception percentage, points per drive (for the overall offense), passer rating (especially in the playoffs)

DIVIDED BY

The overall talent level of the offensive supporting cast.

And this should ignore garbage yards / points when the game is already decided.

I know it's complicated, but when you consider ALL of the factors GL is a mediocre QB. Great at some things, average at some & terrible at others.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was talking about how to disperse the credit & blame to Roman VS Harbaugh. Raye has worked as an offensive coordinator for 3 different teams. Roman has never worked as an OC with anyone but Harbaugh.

He does have a coordinator who knows what he's doing in the passing game. That's why he was being interviewed for a HC position.

As far as the stats go: It's YPA, Interception percentage, points per drive (for the overall offense), passer rating (especially in the playoffs)

DIVIDED BY

The overall talent level of the offensive supporting cast.

And this should ignore garbage yards / points when the game is already decided.

I know it's complicated, but when you consider ALL of the factors GL is a mediocre QB. Great at some things, average at some & terrible at others.

Actually Roman was offensive coordinator at Holy Spirit high school... Thats where Harbaugh hired him from... Yep thats the same guy calling plays for the team now... lol

In the most important stats Kapernick ranks in the top half of the league and is either top 10 or close to it. The one exception is his completion percentage, which if Roman utilized some of the easy plays like screens and slants, Kap would most certainly be in the top half of the league in that category as well... As it stands, his options are limited because of what and how Roman calls a game...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Actually Roman was offensive coordinator at Holy Spirit high school... Thats where Harbaugh hired him from... Yep thats the same guy calling plays for the team now... lol

:rolleyes2:

This is called a non-sequitur.

In the most important stats Kapernick ranks in the top half of the league and is either top 10 or close to it. The one exception is his completion percentage, which if Roman utilized some of the easy plays like screens and slants, Kap would most certainly be in the top half of the league in that category as well... As it stands, his options are limited because of what and how Roman calls a game...

I get it. You're bringing home boxes of those tattoo-covered Kool aid packets. Every good thing that happened was because Tin Man is great, and every bad thing happened because of Greg Roman. And, in some mind-boggling way, you think Vernon, Crabtree & Boldin isn't a great set of receivers.

You've got to stop watching highlight videos & start questioning a guy's intelligence when he even screws up handoffs to Frank Gore.

Quick-thinking / remembering what to do >>>>>>>>> athleticism

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:rolleyes2:

This is called a non-sequitur.

I get it. You're bringing home boxes of those tattoo-covered Kool aid packets. Every good thing that happened was because Tin Man is great, and every bad thing happened because of Greg Roman. And, in some mind-boggling way, you think Vernon, Crabtree & Boldin isn't a great set of receivers.

You've got to stop watching highlight videos & start questioning a guy's intelligence when he even screws up handoffs to Frank Gore.

Quick-thinking / remembering what to do >>>>>>>>> athleticism

Sick, you don't have to play the koolaid card... I criticized Kap several times last season and a ton at the begining of this season (to the point that I got kicked off another 49er board/group because of it), and I have already stated that I would totally be fine exploring new options next off-season if Kap can't take a step forward next season...

Regardless of what happens with Kap, I still think Roman is incapable of putting together a good passing attack, just judging by how and what he calls in game situations. Good defenses have shut us down since Roman has been Ofeensive coordinator, whether it be Kap or Alex, all teams have to do is stack the box and run with our WR's. But more alarming than that is that even average defense have figured out how to slow our running attack. Say what you want about the QB, but this offense will always be a run first mediocre passing team no matter who you plug in to play at the QB spot...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the humiliation of not getting selected to the Pro Bowl when Alex Smith did, I bet Kaepernick is motivated to come back strong next year. Additionally, being the goat of the final game two years in a row should get him motivated to learn progressions and get better.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had speed when Ginn was here. We had speed even when Moss was here. He was getting open. Yet Roman/Kaep did not use it. This is why I don't scream for WRs with speed because I fear they will not be utilized. So I lean towards big powerful dudes with jump ball skills since that is what we seam to scheme for and we are gonna need monsters to beat Seattle.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We had speed when Ginn was here. We had speed even when Moss was here. He was getting open. Yet Roman/Kaep did not use it. This is why I don't scream for WRs with speed because I fear they will not be utilized. So I lean towards big powerful dudes with jump ball skills since that is what we seam to scheme for and we are gonna need monsters to beat Seattle.

I also agree, Matthews is on my mind in the 2nd.

I think we also go for another in the 4th round, this may be the possession, speedster type.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

IDK Ray, I think Kap did look for Moss (he was targeted 40 times after Kap took over) I know that isn't earth shattering, but considering where Moss was in his career that isn't too bad...

I got nothing for Ginn other than maybe Roman and the coaching staff loss confidence in him early because of shakey hands?

Before Manningham got hurt in the Seattle game last season, things were starting to click in the passing game from what I recall. Crabtree, Manningham and Moss complimented each other nicely and Kaps comp % was the highest its been in his short career. It appears having some speed and that some what reliable third recieving option really helped Kap and gave the offense a better balance because the passing game was a little more consistant...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
regarding play calling, it could be Kaep is stronger at certain routes so Roman is leaning to it? find it hard to believe Kaep is already a highly skilled passer, AND Roman isn't calling it? Roman should be leaning to player skills, and if Kaep hasn't all the routes yet, don't force it.

Kaep's strength is zipping the ball, so he's fine outside the red zone. in the red zone you even more timing and accuracy, right now Kaep doesn't have enough of it.

if good value arises in a WR, draft him. whether he's better at being a 'speedster', 'possession', 'red zone target', or whatever description, if he's good value, draft him.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
what about 10 yrs 100??!!?!?! jk..

I don't care, I think either of those contracts are more than passable for a guy who has started less than 30 games

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to address pocket passing specifically?

Jesus Christ.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
hahaah.. and some people wonder why we are concerned about him as our Franchise qb